Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The "help me" thread - gaming version

The "help me" thread - gaming version

That's because it is. It appears you haven't heard the term "one winged angel".

Originally posted by: Xollence
    Hey I'm trying to get my future brother in law a PSP game for Christmas. Can anybody recommend a good sports game?
    If he's into soccer games definately get Winning Eleven for the PSP. Virtual Tennis got some good reviews too I believe.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

That's Sephiroth, he has a black feathery wing. Cloud has more of a demon wing. I just don't know how he got it.

I'm official.

There is a whole bibical meaning of the character Sephiroth, I just didn't feel the need to explain since it is trivial to why Cloud has a demon wing. I'll give you a little paragraph from Wikipedia that gives a short overview of the Biblical Sephiroth:

"If the name "Safer Sephiroth" comes across as a strange, even nonsensical, name for a final boss, it's because the name that appears in the English version of Final Fantasy VII is not the correct name. Like Helletic Hojo (Heretic Hojo) and many other Final Fantasy names, Safer Sephiroth is an unintentional mis-romanization of the original Japanese name.

On a sidenote to Heretic Hojo's name, a heretic is a person who does not believe in God or (tries) to defy him. As in this case Hojo tries to play God by creating Sephiroth or which can also be interpreted as the creation of a God.
    Safer Sephiroth as viewed at different angles.

A common rumor is that "Safer" is a misspelling of "Seraph", because of Safer Sephiroth's angelic nature. Although this rumor is disputed, Sephiroth does bear many similarities to a seraph, as seraphim are described in the Hebrew Bible as being humanoid angels with "six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew." Safer Sephiroth can easily be seen as a seraph with an additional black wing added in place of an arm. Also, Satan was reportedly a Seraph before he fell.

However, the more likely origin of the name "Safer Sephiroth" is "Sepher Sephiroth." "Sepher" is Hebrew for "book," and "Sephiroth" is Hebrew for "Numbers," so the boss's name translates to "Numbers Book," or "Book of Numbers." It is one of the many Kabbalistic references in Final Fantasy VII. The Sepher Sephiroth is a Kabbalistic treatise concerning the evolution God from a being of inactive rest to one of active creation. It deals with the ten Sephiroth, a central concept of the Kabbalah. This may relate to the origins and purpose of Jenova or the Lifestream, and the concept of "numbers" most obviously alludes to Sephiroth's many forms and the numbers tattooed on his clones, however, the Ten Sephiroth are the divine emanations of God, and the ultimate purpose of kabbalists is to become one with God, or to attain Godhood as a part of God, reunited. Even more evidence supporting this is that in the Japanese version of the game, his name was "»üÕ¡û»Õ£í¹" (Sfa Sefirosu), which points more to "Sepher Sephiroth" than "Seraph Sephiroth".

Safer-Sephiroth is also known as the "One-Winged Angel," and "One-Winged Angel" is the name of the well-known song which accompanies the battle with Safer Sephiroth. The title is also significant to Sephiroth's character because it drives home his "fallen angel" role, simultaneously capturing both his glorious power and his twisted psyche.

To some, the name "One-Winged Angel" seems strange, as Safer-Sephiroth has a total of seven wings. However, the original Japanese name is "Gün) (katayoku no tenshi)," which means an angel with wings on one side, rather than an angel with only one wing."

Most characters and names from the Final Fantasy series are either from Bibilical or Mythological background. In realation to Sepiroth, he can be found in the Old Testament.

However, Cloud is not a character of significance in history or religion. He is just a made up character by the creators. Like I said before, the reason why Cloud has a demon wing is pretty much to offset the angel wing that Sepiroth has. There is no bibical or religious meaning to this conflict, its just an added feature to show the conflict between the two.

Or to answer the wing thing in game terms. (Even though all of stos289's stuff is totally accurate).

WARNING IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED FF7 (freak) THIS STUFF WILL CONSISTUTE MAJOR SPOILERS.

If you look at the body of JENOVA (the "Crisis From the Sky") as it is in the Nibelheim reactor before the whole "Shinra Mansion" incedent it looks similar to a human except it has two wings. Sephiroth was deliberatly created to be a Cetra using JENOVA's cells (even though JENOVA wasn't a Cetra, Prof's Gast and Hojo believed her to be). As such he was born as a JENOVA/human hybrid. Once he realised his nature he became able to utilise JENOVA's cells within him to form this wing. (One of JENOVA's powers is the power to change one's form, as the bosses JENOVA Birth, Life, death, Synthesis, Hojo and Sephiroth's form taken during the entirity of FF7 {For the entire game Sephiroth was encased in mako at the northern Crater, the body you see walking around is actually the headless torso of JENOVA})

*Plot Explaination, if you fully get the plot of FF7, don't bother with this, skip ahead*

All of the members of SOLDIER were people who were tested and found to have more willpower than the average person, people who would have enough will to resist the mind-controlling effects of JENOVA's cells within the human body. these people were then showered in mako and injected with JENOVA cells. This is what gave members of SOLDIER their inhuman strength. When Cloud tried out for SOLDIER he was found wanting and thus joined the ordinary military instead.

After the incedent in the Nibelheim reactor Hojo began his experiments on creating "Sephiroth clones" that is, to inject people with JENOVA's cells. Hojo did this because he knew that at the time of the Reunion, JENOVA's will would take over the "clones", causing them to come together for the reunion, leading Hojo to it. As Zack was in SOLDIER when he was injected with JENOVA's cells he was resistant to them, which is what allowed him to keep his mind and help he and Cloud escape. As Cloud had a weaker willpower the JENOVA cells turned him into a blithering idiot until after Zack was killed.

*Read from here if you skipped above*

If you notice the wing that Cloud has in KH sprouts from the same Shoulder that Cloud has his geostigma in Advent Children. The wing is Cloud manifesting HIS JENOVA cells in order to grant him more power. Notice that Cloud can fly after sprouting his wing, something that he only ever does in FF7 when Sephiroth is controlling him. Cloud never learns how to do this in the main FF7 storyline.

that make so much more sense now thanx stos and anphorus.

I'm official.

I had a question to all off you gameing gotwooter's. the best time i had in this forum was when we were playing Gunz and we had a clan and all that shit. I really liked it........ so my question is: is there a game that we can play with a bunch of gotwooters. It doesn't has to be free. I know that some of you play Guild wars and i want to buy the game too but only if we could start a GW clan like some of you did a long time ago...??

euhhm there is also a free game that we could play but i don't know yáll would like it.. we could play Amerika's Army......

I was going to make a seperate topic about this, but I'll post it here since you asked Turkish. The game is called Audition and its a Online Dance Battle Game. Now your probably thinking:

"wtf..."

Don't judge it by its genre however because it is extremely addicting and fun. Basically, you create your own character and you face other people in "dance competitions." It is similar to Gunz where you can have group matches and indivdual matches. The "couples" dancing has to be my favorite as it requires the skill of both people to be able to rack up the big points. Through these matches, you gain experience and "den" (currency) which increase your level and allows you to buy new clothing/songs.

Anyway, the game play is fairly simple as it has a DDR background to it but provides more challenging elements. I would explain it but it would take a long time and plus there is a tutorial in the game that shows you how to play. The only bad thing I've seen so far is that it requires you to run it through Internet Explorer (Firefox and Opera won't work). Just download it and play, you'll get hooked.

Who knows, we could have a Gotwoot Dance-Off in the works...

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.

I have some questions.

What emulators are available to download, which ones do you recommend, and where do I get them from?

When are the games for naruto coming out in the states? or in the english version.(for gamecube)

What games do you recommend for gamecube?

Any help is appreciated.

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

Answers in numerical order:

1) Depends on which system you want to play. Here is a whole list of emulators for pretty much every system out there (except for current generation). A few ones I would recommend would be ZSnes (SNES), ePSXe (PS1), Nemu64 (N64), and VisualBoy Advance (GBA).

2) According to Gamespot, Naruto: Clash of Ninja will be released on March 7th. From what I have heard, it is just a bad copy of Naruto GNT with dubbing.

3) Depends on what type of games you like. A few games I own and would recommend are Super Smash Bros. Meele, Tales of Symphonia, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Metroid Prime (and its sequel), and Viewtiful Joe (and its sequel).

Hope I could help.

PS2 emulation is currently in the works, although it's still *VERY* primitive. Most games don't even work, and the ones that do work run at about 1 fps. However, recent progress has been made on FFX and FFX-2 emulation. Maybe in another year or two with computer hardware constantly improving, PS2 emulation will finally become a reality.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    I think this been answered, but I dont remember where exactly. Sorry if this comes off as redundant.

I have a gamecube with a memory card with all my american games. When I put in the freeloader and swap games to, say, Naurto 4, will it erase all my game data, or will it simply just a a game slot for Naruto 4 on my memory card?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and this fits the topic well enough, so here goes.

I'm playing CoD4 right now, and was wondering which would give better quality/performance?

1280x1024, no FSAA.
    1024x768, 2x FSAA

From what I see, the higher resolution gave a cleaner picture, but probably lowered performance a bit, but that might be just me. I have no idea what load AA has on the card. 1280x1024 has 1.667 times the pixels, so I'll assume 1.667 times the load.

It also depends on what monitor you're using and its native res. But generally it will come down to personal preference. There's a lot of factors involved.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and this fits the topic well enough, so here goes.

I'm playing CoD4 right now, and was wondering which would give better quality/performance?

1280x1024, no FSAA.
    1024x768, 2x FSAA

From what I see, the higher resolution gave a cleaner picture, but probably lowered performance a bit, but that might be just me. I have no idea what load AA has on the card. 1280x1024 has 1.667 times the pixels, so I'll assume 1.667 times the load.
    Wow...thread revival!

It usually depends on the game, but for CoD4, 1024x768 with 2xFSAA will have better performance. However, if you're using an LCD with 1280x1024 native resolution then anything other than the native resolution will look like crap regardless of what AA you use. I'm running it at 1680x1050 with no AA and it looks just fine. When you're running around shooting you don't really notice the jaggies. It's only when you stop and examine the screen that you see all the nasty jaggies, but then you're not really "playing" the game anymore.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Thanks for that guys.