Page 101 of 144 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Currently playing tons of custom games in Starcraft 2 :P

Also need to mention this this: Claptrap Ninja Assassin DLC coming to Borderlands

!

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I just finished Brutal legend - the game's awesome and brutal! I'll be getting 100% on it...in time between mw2 and sc2
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Just played the demo to Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game on PSN.

This shit can't come to XBLA soon enough, totally awesome!
    -----------------

I've just played puzzle quest 2 on DS(borrowed game from my friend) - thank god i did not buy it - its horrible compared to first one.
    Interface is just bad on ds - i've seen screens from xbox and pc versions and they are looking good - but on DS its unusable.
    It runs slowly - everything just moves slower on screen compared to first game. Plus I don't like changing focus from world map do local maps.
    Graphic style is more western like - compared to typical Japanese design of first game.
    I like the idea of new classes - but please let me chose more portraits! first game had like 4-5 portraits for each class+gender combo. Oh and female versions look damn ugly in Puzzle Quest 2.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Borderlands is a pretty tight game. I think it shits all over Fallout in terms of pacing, gameplay, graphics, humor, violence, mischief and malice, and overall simplicity of story. So basically it shits all over Fallout in pretty much every category that matters, probably even sound.

I don't like how they skimp on the VAs and make me read all the quests instead to find out how it relates to the story.

It impacts on immersion and I forget why I'm doing something sometimes. Co-Op is awesome though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Can't wait for the new Black Ops!! Meanwhile MW2 is keeping me happy enough! Wanna hit the 10th prestige!

Just tried out Alien Swarm and got to lvl 16 in one session.

On a side note, I am a new Steam user and bought the Quakecon game pack with 20+game for 65dollar

I tried out The Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind.. boy did I get an headache. I could not switch to overhead view and the graphics and text is like from year 1990...

I dont know if I should even try out The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion...

Looks like I might have thrown 40bucks down the drain as I think significant value of the purchase might boil down to Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition.
    Last edited by depthcharge; Mon, 08-16-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge View Post
    Just tried out Alien Swarm and got to lvl 16 in one session.

On a side note, I am a new Steam user and bought the Quakecon game pack with 20+game for 65dollar

I tried out The Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind.. boy did I get an headache. I could not switch to overhead view and the graphics and text is like from year 1990...

I dont know if I should even try out The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion...

Looks like I might have thrown 40bucks down the drain as I think significant value of the purchase might boil down to Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition.
    Give Oblivion a try. It looks heaps better than Morrowind.

Overhead view in Morrowind? HERESY!
    Its really awesome game if you like RPG and fantasy, in fact its one of best rpg games(top spot still is owned by Deus Ex(half fps half rpg))

Problem being that I get a headache while moving cross terrain(outdoor) in first person mode.

ouch, that's bad.. Try moving mouse scroll(it worked in oblivion) or messing with graphics settings - one of them might cause you headaches so try which one does that..
    and if graphics was like from year 1990 they would be either 2d, or pseudo 3d with sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    ouch, that's bad.. Try moving mouse scroll(it worked in oblivion) or messing with graphics settings - one of them might cause you headaches so try which one does that..
    and if graphics was like from year 1990 they would be either 2d, or pseudo 3d with sprites.
    Depth perception?

Steam finished downloading Fallout 3. I got to Megaton. So far so good, I was able to use the scroll button to get out of first person view and it really helped.

I would probably finish up Fallout3 first before I try Oblivion.
    Then again, I might just play thru Return to Castle Wolfenstein. (I played its demo long ago, the sound of gun firing made an impression)

edit: I think the headache problem might stem from the constant bobbing of the screen. I'll admit, I am just not the type that jump up and down in FPS games.

PS1 MGS FTW!!!

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    PS1 MGS FTW!!!
    Hell yeah! Psycho Mantis was fucking awsome!
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Hell yeah! Psycho Mantis was fucking awsome!
    I came as far as defeating sniperwolf but the game got stuck while switching to disc 2. Last save was before shooting down Liquid in his Hind D. Fav char = Null aka Deepthroat aka Gray Fox aka Frank Jaeger aka CYBORG NINJA!!!

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I finished Stalker: Call of Prypiat. So here is time for my micro review.

Gameplay 11/10(it deserves it)
    Take best parts of Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl(why even this name is "translated" to english? I mean the nuclear plant's name - even if its attempt to make it readable using english writing(Slavic use 'cz' instead of 'ch' etc) why it is Chernobyl not Charnobyl(which is proper reading if 'a' is read same way as first one in 'away')...sorry for small rant :P ), mix them together while removing bad ones and add more awesome stuff. I don't want to spoil anything but its really well made - but i had hoped for polished faction system from CS, also list of best stalkers would be nice - the one from SoC. Still fighting makes up for it - Exoskeleton enemies are tough(but vulnerable to headshots), weaker enemies try to flank you and attack from multiple angles - they use cover very well, but the game shines when it comes to fighting mutants - Snorks will utilize hit and run tactics, and it can be deadly even to fully upgreaded exoskeleton wearer - especially if there are more of them, Bloodsuckers will attack from unpredictable angles - even one can confuse someone used to fighting them sometimes, but with two of them you wont get what's happening around you, Buers are deadly psionic users - they will pull gun out of your hands when they can and then they will blast you with telekinesis, Poltergeists are tricky to deal with - hard to hit but with low hp - and they detect you by sound not by sight - they utilize telekinesis to attack too, but the crown for most deadly mutant goes to Chimera, Pseudogiants are heavy and strong and all - but when you encounter them you can always get to safe spot and just kill them safely, but getting attacked by Chimera at night(they are nocturnal predators) will be deadly - it will jump around you and suddenly it will jump at you in such way that you have no time to react.
    Quests are one of best I've ever seen, and I've seen most of games released on pc :> - most of them don't pinpoint location, and if they do expect some catch.
    It is worth to mention that variety of weapons in game will allow everyone to find play-style that suits them - especially if you add upgrades into consideration.
    Graphics 8+/10
    Game looks great, effects are awesome - but textures are a bit low-res and sometimes looks pixelated, still they are well placed and fit the game perfectly. + is for emissions - they look awesome.
    Sounds 9-/10
    Sounds are good, really fit into atmosphere - when you saw chimera and tried to sneak past it even sound that you make by moving through bushes will make you jump. It would be 10 but combat music is too generic and it really is not fitting into the game, and - is for two things - I was never been able to hear the legendary guitar music from older Stalker games! That's one, and two is sometimes weird VA from some characters.
    Plot 9/10
    The world hooked me up instantly, but the main storyline is not something what shines, but sidequests are. Whole main storyline is more like prelude to stalker 2 that was announced - nevertheless it is still interesting. Still last mision is underwhelming - i came prepared with 2 assault rifles(utilizing different ammunition), Desert eagle, shotgun and sniper rifle + 500 ammo for each plus mass of medkits, bandages etc - i only needed to use my GC37(that is g36 riffle) and did not even waste half of ammo.

Overall 10/10
    I've got no idea where to put this so it goes into ending - me, that is the player, learning how to survive in zone was great experience - moving through anomalies fields, and learning radius of each one, only to find that after emission everything is different. Handling radiation, and other hazardous stuff, and fighting lesser enemies with knife. At first when i saw radiation sign i ran as far as i could from it - but later i knew which degree of it was deadly and which was not. Knife saved my life few times - i had to deal with Pseudodogs without ammo few times, but the most challenging was killing the Controller(damn annoying mutant that i forgot to mention - It is the most fearsome mutant - but not the deadliest one.. if you have some cover) in open field when i had no time to reload my weapons.

Pros
    -World
    -Sidequests are brilliant
    -Atmosphere
    Cons
    -combat music, and no guitar!
    -when you get late-game gear lowly equipped enemies posses no threat.

Edit:
    It turned longer than i excepted

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Started playing Dragon Age: Origins, i keep on not advancing cause i reroll every 30 minutes to another class/spec cause i want to use them all :S

Also, wall of text crits UChess for infinite amounts.

It`s super effective!!!

UChess faints.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Started playing Alan Wake but the camera and movement make me really queasy. Plus school started so it will be Christmas before I finish.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Just finished the VANQUISH demo. I'm really feeling it and found it a ton of fun. Gonna be a day 1 purchase for me.