Page 109 of 144 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I played a bit of it, and will have to get back to it some time. If only it wasn't on the Wii...

I really enjoy it though. It demands quite a bit more skill to play successfully than Vanillaware's previous 2D action RPG Odin Sphere.

I am addicted to Vanillaware games. I adore the art style (hand drawn ftw!), love the mechanics of their games, enjoy the stories immensely, and the voice work is top-notch too.

...and I own both Momohime and Velvet (Odin Sphere) figurines.

Greatly anticipating Grand Knights History (being localized to the PSP for both NA and Europe) and Dragon's Crown (for PS3 and the Vita). A Vita will be worth buying for those two titles alone.
    I'm on Act 5 and I had my ass handed to me by that giant green mountain god, Ippondatara....twice. I think I may have to level grind for a bit before I reattempt that boss. I guess this is the part of the game where button-mashing will no longer cut it.

The game is very pretty and I'm starting to get into the story but I found it a little difficult to follow at first. It is a pretty fun game and has really drawn me in. I've actually put aside Metroid: Other M for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    One of the few games that makes me not regret buying a Wii.

I just played Momohime's side of the story though... will need to return one of this days to play the rest.
    Its a pain playing with a wiimote though... I never bought a classic controler pro

Anyway... I'm currently playing LA Noire. Beautiful game.
    I've been playing with my Gamecube controller...I don't think I could stand to play this with a WiiMote.

LA Noire is a good looking game and the story was pretty good but the twist with Phelps toward the end really left a bad taste in my mouth and it didn't really make any sense to me.

Playing the Battlefield 3 beta.

I expect to get my ass handed to me until I remember how to play FPS games. Should be fun. Minor downer is that it is Rush mode and not tried and true Conquest mode.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    the biggest problem ist that the map is infantry only and the first spot is so far away that it feels like Arica Harbor... but as I mentioned, without vehicles to get back to the front... grrrraaarg

Yeah, not having vehicles makes it feel like the game isn't even Battlefield.

I mean, I'm rather mediocre (at best) when running and gunning (though I love Suppressive Fire for the support class), but get me in any ground vehicle in BF games and I can hold my own rather well. I hope to learn to use helis though.

So is BF3 significantly improved on BF2? ie, is the beta worth pre-ordering the game for? I've had bad luck with the quality of games I pre-ordered.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

The last BF games I played were 1942:Secret Weapons on my old PC and 1943 on consoles, so from my perspective, yes.

Pros:
    -The animation looks really good. Everything moves smooth, and vaulting over things or belly sliding to prone like in Brink works surprisingly smoothly, even from first person perspective.
    - Suppressive Fire! (Vision gets blurry as a warning, and the effect means a direct impact to your opponent's in-game accuracy)
    -There is a ton of customization with the weapons, though it is limited in the beta.

Neutral:
    - Not a big fan of launching my game from a webpage (server list is on Battlelog site), but I haven't had any problem with it. Works pretty well.
    - Also launches into windowed mode for some reason (still plays smooth), can't find video configuration yet. But this means no lethal accidental Windows key presses.
    - I fell through the land twice, but I was actually able to "vault" myself out of it.

Cons:
    - Grenades stick to bushes in the beta.
    - I miss the impossible-to-mistake Axis vs. Allies uniforms. I've gotten confused once or twice so far, leading to me getting killed when I hesitated.
    - The game is stating that I'm not using the latest drivers...when I am. I'm not going to use Nvidia beta drivers.

They added prone position?!? Sweet. Though it will most likely make killing snipers more trouble.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post

LA Noire is a good looking game and the story was pretty good but the twist with Phelps toward the end really left a bad taste in my mouth and it didn't really make any sense to me.
    Dude... I'm currently playing it... don't tell about twists...

I just bought Ico and Shadow of Colossus collecection(first day it came out ^^), and it looks amazing! Truly a work of art =)
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild View Post
    I just bought Ico and Shadow of Colossus collecection(first day it came out ^^), and it looks amazing! Truly a work of art =)
    Nice! Been waiting for this game but couldn't find a credible release date so had no idea when to expect it. Thanks for the heads up, ordered the game right away.

Also recieved GoW Collection II for my B-day.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Tue, 09-27-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I just finished playing through Dragon Age 2 I was expecting worse, given all the negative reviews, but I thought it was pretty good. The writing was pretty well done, and I ended up caring for the characters. I didn't really like how they recycled the same 5 dungeons, and like, same 5 areas, but I got used to it pretty fast. It was pretty fun to play, despite its flaws

Gonna play Deus Ex: Human Revolution next!

Ryll - does the BF3 feature tagging/spotting from Bad Company?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    I'm expecting it to have it. They made a big deal about making snipers a great supporting class.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Dude... I'm currently playing it... don't tell about twists...
    Sorry, I hope I didn't spoil it. :-$

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    As far as I can tell, yes. I'm not sure it is whole team or just your squad. Enemies appear on your minimap when you're close enough to a Recon player (or are one).

The documentation of the finer details are a bit lacking (I can't get the manual to load from Origin...if the beta comes with one). I have absolutely no idea what the radio that Recon class has actually does.

Hey Ryll

Is the game suggesting that you use beta drivers? Have you noticed any significant problems other than falling through the earth?

It complains I'm not using the latest drivers every time. It works just fine without them, every time.

I only fell through twice (and only in the one match, in the first area of the Metro map), but like I said to Ani, I just "vaulted out of" the discrepancy and it wasn't an issue. Zero graphical issues otherwise.

Runs smooth on my GTX 470 with the latest officially available drivers.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I have a GTX 560 and for some stupid reason it won't recognize my monitor and it took me forever to find a driver that would work correctly. I was afraid that i would have to update for BF3 and deal with the problem all over again.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    It complains I'm not using the latest drivers every time. It works just fine without them, every time.

I only fell through twice (and only in the one match, in the first area of the Metro map), but like I said to Ani, I just "vaulted out of" the discrepancy and it wasn't an issue. Zero graphical issues otherwise.

Runs smooth on my GTX 470 with the latest officially available drivers.
    At what resolution/setting?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    They added prone position?!? Sweet. Though it will most likely make killing snipers more trouble.
    when a sniper is trying to snipe you and zooming in on you
    and you look in his direction
    you'll see a reflection of light coming from his scope if I'm not mistaken

btw, the flashlight is as effective as a flashbang
    you are totally blind, even during daytime
    I hope they change that somewhat

friend of mine made these vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Ce4thvyPI
    ^---- Flashlight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SaqNEKE99w
    ^----awesome jet fight/flight with epic graphics and FPS

be advised enemy...
    be advised we lost....
    be advised objective....
    be advised over

oh and from what I've heard,weapon handling and movement changed
    first of all, you are now able to look around while sprinting, so you dont have to stop running to look left and right etc.
    and weapons hit where you are aiming at
    but the recoil is alot stronger, so if you keep pressing the left mousebutton and do nothing, you'll end up looking into the sky *HOWEVER* the cone of fire is a lot smaller than it used to be in BFBC2 (even though you aim directly at the enemy bullets wouldn't hit if you kept shooting at him)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 09-29-2011 at 06:16 AM.