Page 120 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Playing Dead Island on the PC... pretty awesome game. It's like Far Cry with zombies. I always thought it was an FPS like Left4Dead, but it's not. It's an open world RPG with FPS combat.

Graphically it can't compare with Far Cry by a longshot, but there are tweaks available to improve the visual quality: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2106453

Too bad there were so many issues at launch, this game could have been a big deal.

Dead_island_PC_packshot.png

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

My friend was playing ^this and he was having lots of fun with it.

I've got back into Bayonetta, working on clearing Hard then maybe Non-Stop Climax and getting all the weapons and Achievements. Some of the Alfheim Portals were serious bitches.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    How fun is that game solo vs co-op?

L4D sucked solo, but if this is more like Borderlands/Farcry, then it could be fun in either modes.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Dead Island is fun solo. I think it's most like Fallout/Borderlands where it's a desolate wasteland and you meet survivors and do missions for them, while fighting off zombies and bandits. It's also a lot like a first-person Dead Rising, both because it has zombies, survivor missions, and you can build custom weapons.

I haven't played it co-op but I think it'd be the same, maybe with scaling of number of enemies.

The game is $20 for the GOTY edition, well worth it, or wait for a Steam sale.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Thu, 08-16-2012 at 02:18 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Dead Island is fun solo. I think it's most like Fallout/Borderlands where it's a desolate wasteland and you meet survivors and do missions for them, while fighting off zombies and bandits. It's also a lot like a first-person Dead Rising, both because it has zombies, survivor missions, and you can build custom weapons.

I haven't played it co-op but I think it'd be the same, maybe with scaling of number of enemies.

The game is $20 for the GOTY edition, well worth it, or wait for a Steam sale.
    Yeah, I've got plenty of other games backed up from previous steam sales, so I can always wait for a cheaper buy(Xmas?). Good to know there's something out there without much of a learning curve that I'll enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Yeah, I've got plenty of other games backed up from previous steam sales, so I can always wait for a cheaper buy(Xmas?). Good to know there's something out there without much of a learning curve that I'll enjoy.
    I need to branch out and try some different games that go for cheap on Steam. I'm stuck playing mostly FPSes and open-world RPGs these days. I wish there were more games like Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain, though I haven't finished HR yet.

For the last while, whenever I visit one of my friends we play Castle Crashers. We beat the game on the Normal setting a while ago so we've been working our way through Insane mode and I have to say it's significantly harder, but still tons of fun.

Did anybody get the 3-day early access to Guild Wars 2?

I'm unsure if I should get it. (both in terms of whether I'd like the genre, and whether it would just devour all my time).

Meanwhile, still playing BF3.. trying to get a hang of flying the chopper. I can do alright on an empty map, but flying while trying to aim with missiles while avoiding missile locks makes short work of my bird.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Sure did, and it's a hell of a lot of fun, though there is one major annoying bug, or feature, I'm not sure. Basically, if you try controlling your character through the WASD keys, you'll find that sometimes the camera will follow you when you turn, sometimes it won't. If you either used the left click mouse button to pan the screen, or acquired a target (even if you subsequently lost the target), you need to click the right mouse button if you want the camera to follow you again when you turn.

No other game in the history of gaming behaves this way. None that I'm aware of at least. So you'll probably forget to click the right mouse button when the action gets heavy, and watch your character start running in directions you didn't intend, or have you skills deploy 90 degrees away from your intended mark, etc. I won't be able to PvP if they don't fix this bug, or give me an option to alter the behavior of the camera if it's an actual feature.

Other than that though, the game is kind of fun. I was only able to get my mesmer to level 3 before I seriously needed sleep, but I got to experience some of that living, breathing questing they were talking about, and it really does give the world a more dynamic feel. I don't have weapon swapping yet or even a different weapon set so I can't talk about how deep the skillsets are, but it seems at least solid. Three levels really is just too early to tell much of anything.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Alright, managed to play a Mesmer to lvl 11 so I can say a little bit more. First off, I'm an idiot. I was using the Free Camera mode and it was designed to work the way I was complaining about. That's a little saddening because if you don't use Free Camera mode, the environment tends to block your vision of your character, which can get annoying, so I simply had to get used to always using the mouse to change directions. Increasing mouse sensitivity and camera speed helped with that.

You very quickly gain access to every skill you'll ever have in the game simply by equipping weapons and using them. Your non utility skills are tied to weapon sets, and you have access to 5 such skills at any given time. Weapon swapping allows you to have two weapon sets that you can swap between, allowing you to have access to two sets of 5 skills. In combat, weapon swapping invokes a 9s CD. This opens up a lot of tactical options and makes for some very deep gameplay.

The PvE side of things is a bit easy seeing as I can easily take on things 2 to 4 levels higher than myself thanks to the ability to dodge stuff, so I've been focusing on making different combinations of attacks work and just seeing what's possible. I'm going to keep doing this until level 20, and then try out some PvP.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Has anyone played Sleeping Dogs? It looks like a hybrid GTA/Arkham/Burnout game which is getting great reviews. I want to get it but Borderlands 2 is out soon and school starts tomorrow.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Does anyone knows of a good recent classic RPG on 360, not action rpg, but turn based style.
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Wed, 08-29-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

There's not really that many turn based RPG on consoles anymore.

Traditional Turn base:
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon
    Enchanted Arms
    Eternal Sonata

Resonance of Fate (sorta) this one is a bit different. You can think of Mass Effect is an action game with rpg element, while RoF is a RPG with some action elements. I personally feel like it's close enough to the older turn base game to where you might like it.

Record of Agarest War is Tactic style turn base combat.
    Zoids Assault is another Tactic style game, but it's pretty awful.

I think that's pretty much every turn base rpg game on the 360.

Blog Entries
    Trust me when i say that there are no good turn based RPGs for the 360. God knows i've looked...

Last Remanant - problem is - it is kinda messy on x360 - but PC vers is really good after you get hang of the battle system(seems a bit chaotic at first)
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Jounin
    I thought The Last Remnant was pretty good on the 360. I had no visual problems that others said existed. I did however install to Harddrive and played off the Harddrive instead. Played smooth and pretty fast paced. Only problem I found was unlike the PC edition, you can't start a game+ on the 360 version. You don't get a full party of Generals or whatever.

I bought a sealed version of TLR for the PC on Ebay. I hope it arrives soon. Been 3 weeks almost. :/

I been playing some classic MMORPG (Priston Tale). Took 5 years but new content has been added and more on the way.

My friend spend great deal of time farming and is on his 3rd NG+ in TLR... he still can't beat The Fallen.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Playing Sleeping Dogs on the PC. Square Enix did a great job devoting resources and allowing United Front Games to develop the PC port properly so it's worth playing on the PC where graphics are much better than on the console versions.

Basically it's GTA3: Chinatown (or Hong Kong). I say GTA3 because it seems this game has been in development for a while, and it looks like they used GTA3 engine and code instead of GTA4. A lot of the things you could do in GTA4, you can't in Sleeping Dogs. I think it will mostly be appealing for its story and environments, which has the hero playing both cop and gangster in Hong Kong. I think GTA4 (and even 3) had you split loyalty with 3 groups. Worth playing, maybe once it's on sale.

Sleeping dogs pc is not a port.
    And it's not the gta3 engine idiot, that belongs to rockstar; sleeping dogs was previously knows as True Crime: Hong Kong.
    Activision was going to publish it, but they dropped it, but that makes it reasonable to assume UFG acquired the engine for True Crime and upgraded it into the current HKship engine Sleeping Dogs uses.

Next you are going to say saints row uses the gta engine cause it's open world too right? Fucking idiot.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    its a port

where did you read that its not?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 09-06-2012 at 02:10 PM.