Page 131 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Playing FFXIV atm, the music during bossfights sure is the most amazing one I've encountered in an MMO so far.

Garuda and Ultima Weapon were so much fun because of that.
    oh god, that Ultima Weapon bossfight, it can't get any better - best bossfight of all MMOs (WoW included)

I'm playing FFXIV too atm, or rather trying to when I can actually get in.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Is the game good?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I'm playing in Midgardsomr. Well whenever I hit the login jackpot.

In my opinion, i'm having a blast. Having one character be able to do every class/job and being able to switch on the fly is pretty awesome. The music, scenery, and nostalgia feeling is pretty great. As far as combat goes, it's pretty standard MMO stuff. Crafting and gathering requires a little different approach compared to other games. They require you to "combat" your crafts/gathering nodes in order to progress.
    Last edited by LaZie; Mon, 09-02-2013 at 12:00 PM.

When it works it's pretty good. It has that feel of a Final Fantasy game with references to past games littered all over the world. Guild Wars 2 was a very good game, but the world or the plot didn't draw me in at all, but this game I'm a bit enamored by the world and it's beauty. That and my chocobo is adorable (he's tiny because my character is a Lalafell). It plays like WoW's combat but it's a bit slower with around a 2.0 second GCD, quests, etc. and it has the dynamic events (Guild Wars 2), public quests (from Warhammer) present known as FATEs. There's a main storyline quest line as well as a quest line for each of the character classes. Also there's pretty much no point in levelling alts because you can level and change to every class on a single character, as well as professions.

Any of you have any luck logging in today? I've been trying for the past 3 hours and no luck.

Nope. I was home all day yesterday as well, and started trying from 10 AM EST until about 12 AM EST. Didn't get in a single time.

Just finished the main story for the game.

I agree with everything said so far, this is hands down the best experience i've ever had in an MMO.

What are your character names? Maybe we can cross server queue for dungeons? Mine is Niquid Litrogen

Has anyone played Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon? I just found out it existed but it looks like a lot of fun. It's based on the FC3 engine and gameplay, but the story and characters are ridiculous send-offs from 1980s and 90s action movies. There's supposedly harsh language, jokes, and nerd culture references throughout. I'm thinking of getting it for the $15 on Steam or uPlay.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Do you like 80s throwbacks? Do you miss the old days of steroid induced action movies with your old favorites like Stalone and Schwarzenegger? If you do, then you'll love Blood Dragon. It's awesome.

Just finished Saints Row 4 this morning. It was excellent. All I have to say is, "You got the touch."

And speaking of Final Fantasy 14(via Reddit) 4nut0.jpg

Dem Miqo'tes.

I believe its only a matter of time until my FFXIV account gets hacked and if they don't do something, only a few weeks from a destroyed economy as well

so many persistent goldsellers, probably the worst kind I've ever seen before, they are spamming so hard that you can't read *anything* unless you blacklist them and every time you blacklist one, you know that you just blacklisted someone who lost his account to them.

and if that wasn't enough, teleporting mining/gather bots all over the place
    its freaking scary, feels like playing on open battlenet or something.
    but I'm calling it now, the one who gets banned is me for using an auto-hotkey-script for crafting

I wonder if they are going to act soon, they have to, or no more SE games for anyone, forever
    if people stop playing this game so soon, its over for them
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 09-12-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Doesn't the game have a mechanism that locks people out once their username has been tried too many times? That should be put in place for all web-based logins IMO.

The same goes for checking the login IP and triggering additional requirements when the IP isn't from your usual country/location.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I wonder if they are going to act soon, they have to, or no more SE games for anyone, forever
    if people stop playing this game so soon, its over for them
    How much you want to bet they don't even care?

They're too busy ruining their legacy by "turning the company around" to focus more on bad mobile games with ridiculous microtransactions.

I don't mean to distract from the discussion on the game's security, but I just wanted to add that I've been playing FFXIV as well. I'm only level 25 in my main class, but so far, it's been one of the best MMO's I've ever played. I really like FATEs... it reminds me of playing GW2 (which was also an amazing MMO... but the lack of endgame bored me). There are a number of things I would like to see improved upon, or things added in, but for the game to be (relatively) new, it exceeded my expectations.

Then again, I might just be biased since I grew up playing the games.

I play on Coeurl server if anyone is there... if not, I think Lazie mentioned something about cross-server dungeoning? I actually didn't know you could do that. In any case, the name is Alhuin Grey. I'm not particularly fond of my last name; I used a name generator for Hyurian, and that was the one of the choices. I'll probably purchase a name change if they ever include the service.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Unfortunately they don't allow us to add friends from different servers at the moment

I'd like to play FFXIV, but I can't find a copy of it. Still waiting for digital sales to resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    How much you want to bet they don't even care?
    they gave this game so much attention, its basically been unheard of before
    they want this to be a success, however, if we keep their "high standards" in mind, its impossible for any game to be that - see Tomb Raider