Page 137 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Bring back Enemy Territory type play. True Assault style game matches.
    I thought they'd do that with Carrier Assault and while it is better than the normal conquest mode, it still lacks different objectives
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 06-04-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I thought they'd do that with Carrier Assault and while it is better than the normal conquest mode, it still lacks different objectives
    Well it has 3 objectives to win: control bases, attack their carrier, or defend your carrier. I think it's great that your team has to have the right balance between the three (depending on the situation of course, ie you wouldn't need to defend your carrier if it hasn't been breached yet) in order to win.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Yeah, defending and attacking isn't the same thing as objective-based assault type play. And I don't mean, hold the next point for 1 minute so it automatically proceeds to the next stage.

I mean, "You must use an Engineer class to rig the explosives," "Steal the plans before you blow the generators," "Cut the fence and escape down the sewers," or "Defend the tank so it can destroy the gates."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Yeah, defending and attacking isn't the same thing as objective-based assault type play. And I don't mean, hold the next point for 1 minute so it automatically proceeds to the next stage.

I mean, "You must use an Engineer class to rig the explosives," "Steal the plans before you blow the generators," "Cut the fence and escape down the sewers," or "Defend the tank so it can destroy the gates."
    E.T. the G.O.A.T.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post

It's essentially "objective based" assault gameplay. Your first objective is to control the cannon points to damage the carriers. Then your objective is to destroy the enemy carrier or defend your carrier. Not quite as refined in scope as what you listed, but it's enough. I think the assignments force you to use certain classes and skills, so the gameplay doesn't need to. Though I would also like a game mode in BF like what you are suggesting.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Not quite as refined in scope as what you listed, but it's enough.
    No...it's really not. ET has optional objectives that make the next stages easier, objectives that either team can accomplish, and defensive build up.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Note: Taken from a discussion regarding Sniper Elite V2

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    Game is bad, very bad. but it can be fun on coop.
    Co-op was alright, but multiplayer.. damn that game gets my adrenaline pumping. Camping's never been more stressful.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Battlefield: Hardline beta!

It's not bad. It does seem like you die really, really, easily. Or I am just inaccurate as hell. Probably the latter. It's fun for sure though. The trailer did make it seem a lot more elaborate and more like Enemy Territory than it is, which is a shame. It is pretty easy for one team to simply steamroll the other.

All in all, I'm gonna keep an eye on it. There's some neat mechanics to it like arrests, tazers, and overpowered armored SUVs (two RPG shots of health to them, and they have a .50 cal on top!).

it has some very funny stuff in it though. I don't exactly know what triggers it , maybe its just a button, or maybe its because there is no gunner but yesterday, when I played it, the police chopper circled the rooftop where I was on and urged me to drop my weapons and surrender. Little details like that are awesome. Its also alot of fun to use ziplines and riot shields if you have a team that utilize them. (I want ziplines to be in the normal game )

however this game is supposed to be a full-price title, isn't it? Thats absurd in my eyes... its pretty much a mod and not a new title. They added a (most likely) crappy SP campaign to it so they can charge more...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 06-12-2014 at 12:00 AM.

I told myself I would never start playing mobile games.

Then I did.

So then I told myself I would never become addicted to a mobile game.

I've finally broken that rule.

For the past three months, I've been playing Brave Frontier. It's a simple, "catch 'em all" type game, but the art is amazing (for a mobile game) and it's very reminiscent of old-style Final Fantasy games (which is to be expected, since the original is Japanese). It's F2P, and very enjoyable as such, but you can spend money if you want to "progress" faster. The following is as much information as I can give, in case anyone is interested (TL;DR at the bottom).

The game utilizes several different "currencies". For quests and dungeons, you use energy. You regenerate 1 energy every 10 minutes, and when you level up, your energy is restored. This makes the early game fairly entertaining, as you can play for an extended period of time. However, in the later levels, it can be rather boring waiting for energy to regen. Of course, I just do other things during this time. There is an arena, which uses arena orbs (max of 3) that also regen 1 per hour. The arena is entirely AI driven, which can be quite annoying at times, but it's a great way to pass a little time, and get some great rewards as you rank up. You acquire Zel (the game's version of gold) through various methods, and use that to buy things (obviously) and for fusing units (which I will explain momentarily). You get Karma also through various methods, which is used to upgrade your facilities in town, and also to craft Spheres (which are basically equipment for your units). You get honor from quest/dungeon helpers (you have a team of 5 units, a helper makes 6), and as gifts from friends. This is only ever used for "Honor" summons, explained below. And lastly, the premium currency, gems. You get gems through clearing quest areas, ranking up in Arena, clearing certain Vortex (special) dungeons, and occasionally as random gifts from the developers. Gems are used to increase your item capacity, unit capacity, restore energy, and restore arena orbs (not recommend). Most importantly though, they are used for "Rare" summons.

Now the interesting part: Units. There are a few ways to acquire units. Through questing and dungeons, you will occasionally capture common units (the game utilizes a "star" system, so these would be 1* and 2* units). These units are usually trash units that can be sold or fused away. There are exceptions, but I won't get into that here. The "Rare" Summon gate uses 5 gems per 1 summon (which is why gems are so valuable), but you always get a 3* or above unit (max right now is 5* through the gate, but there are units that can evolve to 6* now). This is where the majority of your "best" units come from. As F2P, you will only ever want to spend your gems here, until much later in the game. Next is the "Honor" Summon gate. You can summon a unit from here using 200 honor, but usually you get trash units here as well. The most interesting thing about the honor gate is that you can only get the other starter units here You can also get evolution materials, and, when they run the event, amazing fusion units. Generally speaking, I horde all my honor until such an event. The last way to acquire some good units is through special dungeons, that are usually pretty hard, and only offer a chance of catching the unit, as opposed to a guarantee.

When it comes to leveling, your account levels through quests/dungeons, but your units do not. In order to level a unit, you "fuse" other units to it. This is why trash units are worth it in the beginning, but when your units start getting higher, you'll want special fusion units (like I mentioned above), because the XP you gain from the aforementioned trash units is worthless compared to the Zel cost required to fuse. When a unit reaches max level, you can sometimes evolve it to a better version. Evolving requires special units, and a static amount of Zel.

I realize I've tried to explain an exceptionally large amount of the game, and it may be overwhelming. But, if you're interested in playing, everything I've said is very valuable. In fact, I wish I knew even half as much as I've said here when I first started. So many wasted days...

TL;DR: For a mobile game, it's extremely fun, and implements a reliable way to keep from overplaying unless you spend money. If you're a fan of Pokemon, or other JRPG style games where you have hundreds of units at your disposal, I think you'll like Brave Frontier.

Download it, play it... add me as a friend. I have two accounts that I'm very active on:
    - Alhuin --- ID: 4241397634
    - Cyneria -- ID: 4744039638

For more information, there is also a Reddit.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

I play Brave Frontier as well. I mainly utilize my water squad with Sea King Mega/Felneus as leader. Name is Niquid - 266630864

Cool, I'll send you a request. I need a Felneus for the upcoming Frontier Hunter! I have a 6* Douglas that's almost maxed that I'll be using then. Other than that, I usually run with my fire squad. 6* Vargas tomorrow (pending the elusive fire idol).

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Try Cytus on on your phone, probably the best music game available on smartphones.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Playing Plants vs Zombies. Looks like they made it free in advance of a new game which is 3D environments and more like a castle defense game.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic View Post
    Been playing ni no kuni. Game is just too awesome. Haven't had this much fun with an RPG in a loooooong time.
    A little late but I've been playing it (I dont play RPG's at all) and it's a lot of fun! Lots of text going on though, but fun.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Started playing "Divinity: Original Sin" recently, and so far it's great.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Just picked up Diablo 3. Anybody else playing?

Will start again once "Seasons" kick in.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    A friend got me to by CS:GO to play with him, and I was reluctant at first since I didn't really feel like it would offer something CS:S didn't have. Given that it was reduced to $7.50 that weekend though, I gave it a try.

The match-making feature itself is worth the money in my opinion. I'm by no means great (nor good, depending on who you ask), and in CS:S it was pretty hard to find a fun game given how good some people can be. I haven't played enough CS:GO for it to work out my skill-group yet (you need to win 10 games to give it feedback), but so far the algorithm's working pretty well. I'd say I'm winning around 50% of matches, which is what the algorithm's aiming for.

The game also has a more organic feel thanks to its updated graphics and (I might be imagining this) movement, compared to the smooth feel that Source had (even if this is still powered by the Source Engine).

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

7.50$? you got ripped off. i've bought it on sale for less than 1 euro if i recall right.

i hated earlies CS games - mostly due to community(esp the polish one - full of total retards) and shitstorm on servers(esp with more than 10 ppl).

now that I've spent some time playing competitive in CS:GO(top rank: Master Guardian I, but i dropped now due to long break(and me sucking after it)) i can say that 5v5 matches are great. teams are big enough to try different tactics, and small enough so there is not that much miscommunication.

addition of molotov grenades is nice too(no idea if they were in source though).
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE