Page 37 of 144 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Quote Originally Posted by Terracosmo
    I come and go! Come and go I do!

I'm thinking of buying a Wii for my Christmas money. Are there any other reasons to do this besides Mario Galaxy and Brawl? Give me suggestions maties.
    Terra's the karma chameleon in Boy George's song. He comes and goes.

I'm trying to play Stranglehold but it makes me queasy. I'm also going to start on Clive Barker's Jericho.

If anyone is interested in buying a used copy of Crysis or Bioshock for the PC, pm me.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Terra's the karma chameleon in Boy George's song. He comes and goes.
    Incidentally, I love that song!

Terra: RE4. That game was so damn fun with the Wii controls (I never played Resident Evil before either...RE4 Wii Edition was that damn good). And Twilight Princess was good stuff also.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Terra, you can look into Guilty Gear Accent Core for Wii, but you probably want to use a gamecube or classic controller for it. It's a fast paced 2-d action fighter and is quite popular in gaming tournies.

Well I think NM has covered pretty much any other reason you would have to buy it. Is RE$ that good well ofcourse it is. I have played every other version except the wii version.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

About RE4, well, I've beaten that like a million times for the GC.. I don't know if new controller stuff is enough to win me over... hmm..

About Accent Core (which I didn't know was available for Wii), I'm a bit bored with GGX2 and the constant updates of the same game. I really wish they'd just make GGX3 already :S

Jounin
    Playing Heavenly Sword.. :/

Game could be better had they opted to put in a jump button.

The graphics are way below the Wii's and 360's. You'd think a year after the PS3's release, the graphics would get better... seems worse than what's on the PS2. :/

Whaaat? From what I gathered Heavenly Sword had amazing graphics, but a short amount of gameplay. If the graphics are that bad... ugh, what's the point in getting it?

Why is PS3 flaunting all its short exclusives, too? My friend's brother got a PS3 for Christmas and beat Drake's Fortune in a day...

Anyways, back on track. Currently playing Lost Planet, which I can't progress because it's frustrating being knocked over and hit again as soon as you do your triple backflip, and COD4.

Getting addicted to Mass Effect. Lots of fun, and everyone loves a good space opera. I don't find it underwhelming at all. I wasn't expecting a miracle from Bioware, but it's just one more improvement on their action rpgs. Except for the Mako. I hate that thing.

Plus, I feel like I'm playing Starship Troopers.

Also playing with Zack & Wiki. Cute, point and click puzzle game with really immersive Wiimote controls. The monkey makes an assortment of overly cute noises, and the expressions are pretty funny too. If you've liked point and click games, definitely one to check out.

Jounin
    Ya, Heavenly Sword is insanely short. I beat the game in 5 hours... half way through Hellmode right now. :/ Which is way more challenging than normal play.

I'm playing it on an HDTV and the graphics arent that great to me. The CGI/FMV is about the only part of the game that looks good. Much more detail on that area.

If they ever make a sequel, they really should think about adding a jump button.

Playing Stranglehold. Pretty corny and typical shoot-em-up Hong Kong style, but fun at times with the different special skills. Has the Max Payne/Matrix slo mo gimmick, but bosses move at full speed even when time is slowed. It's a decent bargain bin game.

Also, just got Caesar IV from the bargain bin. I like city builder games. Hope this one is worth playing.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

guitar hero for wii (omg wifi!) and phantom hourglass (omg wifi!)....
    speaking of wifi....who else has these games?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

That's why I never really buy those games like Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden, etc. Those action games seem really short. I think I'd just rent them. What about Assassin's Creed? Anybody know how long that game is?

I believe my friends beat it in something a little over 10 hours. Maybe 20 if you're going for the "correct" approach rather than just stabbing and fighting. No big improvement there. If you're after the Achievements in the 360 version, then maybe you could get the promised "40 Hours of gameplay." Not worth the time on the PS3.

There's always Tomb Raider Anniversary if you haven't played the original game way back. Since it's just a shinier version with a few new mechanics, it still clocks in at the old gameplay time of 20 or so hours.

Halo 3 baby.

Meh Halo 3 is overrated, then again I never thought they were that much fun. Like the Time Splitters series a lot more.

Currently playing Disgaea: Hour of Darkness had it for quite some time but was to lazy to actually play it so got off my ass at last and started playing it. Love the humor, Flonne annoys me sometimes and some stuff are too sappy or whatever but all in all fun to play just for the cut scenes

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    guitar hero for wii (omg wifi!) and phantom hourglass (omg wifi!)....
    speaking of wifi....who else has these games?
    I got Guitar Hero III, i can do most song on hard and some on expert.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

PC: Team Fortress 2 ftw!!!!!
    on the side note I do play Silkroad Online...but of course I bot when I can and I play private RO or PT servers every now and then

Xbox 360: well I USED to play CoD4(got addicted, not anymore), Halo 3, and Assassin's Creed. My brother has been playing Mass Effect lately so I cant even touch the 360 lol
    "I like to let people talk who like to talk. It lets me find out how full of sh1t they are."-Jackie Chan from Rush Hour

CoD4 multiplayer is where its at. It's almost as cool as CS:S. I haven't played CS:S in over 2 years, due to lack of high speed connection.

Currently playing Tomb Raider Anniversary. It's pretty cool, for rehash, though I never played the original.

i enjoyed the original tomb raider, but as much as i hate to admit it, it started scaring me after a little while. all that creeping around in dark caves and sewers waiting for whatever was next to pounce... i'm a wuss.

just started playing super mario galaxy. finally.