Page 51 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    What game right now?

The World Ends With You for the DS.

user posted image

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the DS.

It returns to the Gothic style of Symphony of the Night that Portrait of Ruin and others replaced with the anime style. But it is still made by the same developers who made Portrait of Ruin, so the game is just as good. Interesting mechanic of combining glyphs, which serve as weapons, spells, some abilities, and summons. It's a lot like SotN in that way.

But earlier reviews were right, the game is hard. You really have to think through every boss fight, and save rooms are not anywhere near where you might find them convenient.

It's an awesome game though. If you've liked Castlevanias, this one is definitely one you shouldn't miss.

I only played like the first 30 minutes maybe and it's a lot more interactive it seems. With the magnetism circle thingy you use to launch yourself.

Yup. Order of Ecclesia is pretty tough, but its a lot of fun. Died quite a few times before finding out an easy way to defeat the skeleton boss at the prison

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Just bought Sega Rally for $48 AUD. It gained pretty favourable reviews as one with awesome arcade play. Really the only thing missing is all the car customisation that's common with all modern driving simulation games, but that isn't really what this one's about. I've yet to try it yet, but it should be the fun, multiplayer racer I'm looking for.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Fable 2, Farcry 2 and Resistance 2 beta. Yeah, I know a lot of 2s.

Fable 2's been pretty fun so far, combat feels a little too simple.

Farcry 2's single players like a FPS sandbox, can get quite droll. The multiplayers ok, feels like Battlefield: Bad Company and not that much unlockables, there's 5 classes, each with 3 levels to upgrade them. Biggest gripe, the game doesn't look nearly as good as I thought it would. I actually feels it looks worse than CoD4, probably cause there's no sheen or shine and it's color palette on the yellow side.

Resistance 2 is pretty fun. 30 vs 30 with no lag is pretty fucking amazing, guess that's what dedicated PSN servers would do for you. Only gripe is that the guns feel so artificial and awkward, and yeah I know the guns are made up. But even the supposedly most realistic gun, the Carbine doesn't quite shoot like a carbine.

Also playing Fable 2.

The combat gets harder, that's for certain. Some of the enemies get really strong, especially if you wanted to play a gunfighter. Playing as purely Skill-based (ranged attacks) didn't nearly work out as well as I had hoped. Some better equipment and another level to get Zoom will help, but I've been relying more and more on a speedy katana to get by. It's still super satisfying to go "[slice], [slice], BOOM" and kill a bandit though.

That said, I'm really enjoying it. This time, Peter Molyneux wasn't all full of hot air. There's dry humor everywhere in the series, from dialogue to the descriptions on the items. You do tend to get attached to the dog after a while too. Especially once it starts ripping throats out after you ground enemies with a well placed flintlock shot.

(Hint: Dye all your clothes black, you can get the Goth Achievement, "Because everyone knows black is the coolest colour.")

I haven't played too far atm. Just got Hannah to "join" our cause. Really enjoying just running around looking for stuff. The dog makes the hassle of conventional stuff way less tedious, and the dog's actions are quite realistic.

Hopefully there's like some better looking clothing or plate armor or something, cause atm I'm in this noble gent's get up that I'm getting way tired of and looks ridiculous when you're hacking away at Hollowed Men.

I regret pumping Physique now, my dude's so fat.

I don't regret focusing on Skill anymore, the middle was tough (the Crucible beyond frustrating) but it worked out in the end. I got up to/past ranks three in both Speed and Accuracy, and with the ability to pick a specific target spot (including head), I am utterly lethal with any firearm. Bandit swarms are left to headless stumps in short order thanks to a quality Blunderbuss. With a revolver, I can hit a guy 5 times in the head before he hits the ground.

I'm still weak when most things get in real close though. They just usually don't make it there

I just did the first 5 crucible rounds perfect, I barely made the 5th with 2:10 being the cut off and making it with 2:09 lol. I don't think I'm gonna perfect all the rounds. But this round was gay due to the fact that the bandits like to run around. Good thing I got the Fire Dragon pistol from the Shooting Challenge. That thing owns.

edit: Got all 8 rounds perfected, woot. But it took like 5 tries on the troll at the end to get under 1:50. I heard there was supposed to be an item I can get if I perfect it, but I guess it's another time I have to do again ;(.
    Last edited by animus; Sun, 10-26-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Damn, i really want to play fable 2.. but i will have to wait for pc or (nearly impossible) ps3 vers.
    I'm playing Dead Space right now - atmosphere is awesome, gameplay is sweet too. There are none annoying strike from behind = dead scenes, so you dont get frustrated like in doom3. Plot looks good so far(act 3 right now). Every ecounter is fun and diffirent(and difficult especially on pad not keyboard).
    This gaming season is pretty awesome, Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Mirror's Edge, Red Alert 3, Guitar Hero IV, Valkyria Chronicles, and much more.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Whilst playing Fable 2, I really was itching to replay Peter Molyneux's old studio's epic series Dungeon Keeper. Downloading the first and second as we speak.

I used to play this game so much as a kid. Yeah, I know weird game to be playing as a kid, but it's probably really high up there when it comes to favorite games. Too bad, the 3rd was cancelled, and probably won't ever be made again.

PM's announcement of something new will probably be a new IP, but it'd be amazing if it was DK3.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Dungeon keeper is/was awesome. It's still one of the better games, even today imho

Btw it had it's own song which was shown on TV multiple times (MTV and Viva.tv which is a german music programm... however it's in german)

take a look

this game (and song) is really funny... a lot better than Overlord!
    it's just really awesome to be evil... slapping your Imps so they work faster etc ^^

and let's not forget, it has one of the best battle themes.
    Oh man, you made me want to play it too, good thing that I own both... DK1 and DK2 ^^
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 10-29-2008 at 01:04 PM.

It took quite a bit of digging, a couple of DK1 downloads would just refuse to work on XP.

And lol @ the music vid.

Yeah DK was awesome series, but my childhood games were Command and Conquer, Tomb Rider....and Duke Nuke'em.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Tomb Rider.
    I guess you got close enough.

Anyway, I'm still on my renewed WoW fix. Finally got up to 61 on my mage and aiming for 62 tonight.
    Now 99% disease free!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Yeah DK was awesome series, but my childhood games were Command and Conquer, Tomb Rider....and Duke Nuke'em.
    Childhood games for me were PutPut Goes To The Moon, Freddie & LuLu etc. Good times, in all honesty. Then I mucked around with the Quest for Glory 1,3,4 for most of my childhood. First "gaming experience" would have been Starcraft.Then came my Playstation in 1997.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

My first game ever was the original Doom. I used to watch my uncle play it all the time, and he let me play sometimes. He even gave me his old computer. I was like 6 at the time and I had no idea how it worked. All it had installed on it was DOS, Windows 3.1 and Doom. Since I was a little kid and had no idea how DOS worked, I'd type some retarded commands like, "get more games" lewl. Then further on I'd play Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior (Made by DN3D makers, but way less popular).

Man, I've been playing a ton of FPS. And that's just PC games. I had a Genesis hand me down from my cousin, and played all the classics. Streets of Rage 1 and 2, Sonic, Kid Chameleon, Moonwalker (Lawl Michael Jackson game), NBA Jam (Man that game was awesome), etc. My first RPG was Suikoden for the PSX. And it got me hooked to using SNES emulators and playing old classic RPGs. I did have an SNES though, but all I had was the original Donkey Kong Country ;(

I pretty much will play anything as long as it's good.

Well i never had any console other than atari in my childhood.
    And Command and Conquer is way better than starcraft and its robo... i mean korean people.
    I remember Shadow Warrior - it was really fun to play.