Page 52 of 144 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Well i never had any console other than atari in my childhood.
    And Command and Conquer is way better than starcraft and its robo... i mean korean people.
    I remember Shadow Warrior - it was really fun to play.
    That's a matter of opinion, i myself find C&C somewhat boring due to the lack of variation in units. Complaining about Korean peoples aside, Starcraft really does excel at giving you different strategy to work with depending on the race you are playing.

I've been playing Far cry 2 recently and i would have to agree with animus. I think a sandbox fps is an interesting, even though it turn out to be quite boring. The main problem with the single player in Far cry is every single mission pretty much boil down to going from A to B and shoot C. The lack of variation in mission and bosses to break up the monotony really kills the fun which is a shame since an FPS in the plains of Africa is a great idea.

Well - starcraft units just annoy me - i can't find ones that suit me and work well.
    I'm playing guitar hero Aerosmith on PC now, i think that in some songs on expert should be pause and their vocalist should say "This part is for guitar hero players, just to annoy them" and then not-so-epic sounding solo that is damn hard.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    got the new Brothers in Arms just yesterday for PC... in english and uncut

Really, really good game.. I think it is a lot better than RTH30 or Earned in Blood, not only because of the graphics, but also because of the gameplay.

It's not that difficult to hit people anymore, and the multiplayer looks very good too
    Too bad I don't have an original copy, I hope I can use a german key for my cracked game, because I don't want to play it without gore.

It's not that there is so much blood or something, but the voices sound a lot better in the original language. "Schei&#223;e! Ein Zebra!" (german) < "Shei&#223;e! Ein Siebra!" (german/english mix xD)... but ok, I have to admit that the gore is awesome too.. You can shoot of limbs or half of the enemy's face when you hit in the head. And grenade explosions tear soldiers in part... sometimes you can see the upper part of a body (which is missing an arm or even the head) flying over your head. Too brutal? I say "No!" because it doesn't happen all the time and I believe things like that happend during war too.

But man the multiplayer (have only played it with my brother yet) looks like it will be very good.

You've got a Squad leader who can order a recon or airstrike and the rest of your team (all human players) are divided into 3 squads.

3 players = 1 Squad

1 squad has special weapons like a heavy MG, Bazooka and sniper.
    1 squad is controlling a Tank ( MG on top, canon-turret, Driver+Mg)
    1 squad uses normal weapons (Garand, Thompson etc)

The Squad leader can order these 3 squads around on the map and as a player in that squad you (can) follow them.. this way, he can help you to flank the enemy or to warn you if you are flanked by ordering you to fall back.
    Sounds cool, doesn't it? I don't know if this actually happens during online play, but I'm pretty sure that this situations appear during a Clan-war

Btw my comp =
    Athlon 2000 Mhz
    1gig DDR Sdram
    Nvidea GF 7900GT/GTO (256MB)

and I can play the game without problems on low graphic and 1024x768
    but don't be fooled, the game looks still better than CoD4 on high graphics with 2/4x AA

I was really amazed that it runs so well on my computer, I can play it smoothly.. (I don't have a FPS monitor ingame but I guess it's around 40-50 most of the time and sometimes ~20-30)

Story: I had tears in my eyes at the end... and Baker.. well, let's just say he has a lot of problems and feelings of guilt because of Leggit. All the cinematics make you think you are watching a Movie. You encounter 2-3 ingame-cinematics during every mission which look awesome and are well made.

I'd give this game 95 Points out of 100
    The only bad thing about this game is the AI... They arn't supressing your people, do not throw grenades and do not charge in even though they have the upper hand in different situation... So even on Authentic, the game wasn't really that hard to beat.

Wow... long text.. but the game is really awesome, which is why I'll buy it, even though I could just use my Cracked version ^^

I also got Dead Space here, but I doubt that my comp will be good enough for that game... and I'm already fucking scared just by seeing all the trailers and stuff..

I played the new Brothers in Arms on the X360 and I wasn't impressed. Still the same suppress and flank routine from the first game. The storyline and characterizations were
    pointless unless you're a WWII buff and haven't seen enough from all the other WWII games and movies out there.

Dead Space is pretty bad ass on the X360. Graphics are amazing. I'd love to play it on an SLI PC, but even on the console it looks fantastic. The gameplay is unfortunately nothing really new. It's like all the other shooters out there but with some cool little tricks and gimmicks to spice it up. The horror aspect is what sets it apart, though it's like Doom or FEAR, except scarier.

I'm also playing FarCry 2 on the PC. I think they should have stayed with the stranded-on-an-island storyline. The environments are impressive but repetitive and drab. Nothing amazing like the crystal clear blue water in the first game. It's all mission based like GTA, sandbox style. So far I'm enjoying it, but they need to tie the storyline together better. Basically you're doing missions to earn money and friends while trying to progress the larger (hackneyed) story of pursuing an arms dealer. Not much compelling you to play except to kill a bunch of people but nowhere near as enjoyable as GTA:IV.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Blog Entries

Lol, why on an SLI pc? it runs crazy fast on a single card for me ( 80+fps, compared to console ~30).

And Brothers in arms? meh, only cause im dutch really, supposedly historically correct, but everything looks more like some old american village.

Right now I actually dunno what to play, some castlevania in the train and smash melee and armored core 4a at school. Then at home I have too much choice and wind up just watching some anime instead >_>
    -----------------

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    I'm playing Time Hollow, for the DS.

It's a great "game" (more like visual novel), the music, the visual, heck it even have animated cut scenes, and a good story. (Though confusing as hell in the beginning..)

I currently finished the game once, gonna "continue" from the prologue to start the alternative path. (After finishing the game, you follow Sox(the cat) in the prologue, and end up meeting with Irving, which you don't during the first play through.)

Played through the Mirror's Edge demo a few times.

This game was getting a lot of hype it seemed, and I wasn't too sure about the first person free-runner concept, but amazingly, it works brilliantly. Being in first person as opposed to third, it is really easy to get drawn into the game and develop immersion. You feel the gentle thuds of shoes when you are running really fast, hear the wind whipping past (especially when you fall to your death), and everything else involved in the coordinated movements. You can only see what she sees, so you really need to look around and find the angles, and despite the fact that most of it is colored in red, some of them are hidden rather well unless you know exactly where to look. Observation and quick assessment of the surroundings is still key.

The controls were a little awkward at first, but they fit really well after you get used to them.

I'll definitely be picking this one up when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Lol, why on an SLI pc? it runs crazy fast on a single card for me ( 80+fps, compared to console ~30).
    Cause if it looks that good on a single card, I imagine it would look even better on an SLI system.

Last night I played Dead Space in a dark room at night with no one else around. Pretty freaky.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    The hardest game ever made. Contra Alien Wars.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Just got Fallout 3...its kind of hard for me, but really engrossing. Actually, i'm having a lot of trouble with it. I cant pickpocket for shit, even though I have the thief perk, plus I have like no caps and no ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Played through the Mirror's Edge demo a few times.

This game was getting a lot of hype it seemed, and I wasn't too sure about the first person free-runner concept, but amazingly, it works brilliantly. Being in first person as opposed to third, it is really easy to get drawn into the game and develop immersion. You feel the gentle thuds of shoes when you are running really fast, hear the wind whipping past (especially when you fall to your death), and everything else involved in the coordinated movements. You can only see what she sees, so you really need to look around and find the angles, and despite the fact that most of it is colored in red, some of them are hidden rather well unless you know exactly where to look. Observation and quick assessment of the surroundings is still key.

The controls were a little awkward at first, but they fit really well after you get used to them.

I'll definitely be picking this one up when it comes out.
    Just got this demo on 360 today. Amazing. I haven't felt so immersed in a game in a long time, and that's just the demo. There's something about jumping across rooftops that makes you feel so... free? Don't know.

Controls are good once you're used to them, I agree. I might just go and pre-order this game tomorrow, I think.

Try out the demo on either 360 or PS3 if you get the chance.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    My first game ever was the original Doom. I used to watch my uncle play it all the time, and he let me play sometimes. He even gave me his old computer. I was like 6 at the time and I had no idea how it worked. All it had installed on it was DOS, Windows 3.1 and Doom. Since I was a little kid and had no idea how DOS worked, I'd type some retarded commands like, "get more games" lewl. Then further on I'd play Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior (Made by DN3D makers, but way less popular).

Man, I've been playing a ton of FPS. And that's just PC games. I had a Genesis hand me down from my cousin, and played all the classics. Streets of Rage 1 and 2, Sonic, Kid Chameleon, Moonwalker (Lawl Michael Jackson game), NBA Jam (Man that game was awesome), etc. My first RPG was Suikoden for the PSX. And it got me hooked to using SNES emulators and playing old classic RPGs. I did have an SNES though, but all I had was the original Donkey Kong Country ;(

I pretty much will play anything as long as it's good.
    youngin...My first game was Super Mario Bros.

Just finished Mother 3 today. Man that was a great game.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    So was mine. Actually, it was a whole lot of NES games compiled onto a single cart. I remember playing games such as Tennis, Dig Dug, Road Fighter, etc.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I played the new Brothers in Arms on the X360 and I wasn't impressed. Still the same suppress and flank routine from the first game. The storyline and characterizations were
    pointless unless you're a WWII buff and haven't seen enough from all the other WWII games and movies out there.
    Nah I think it's different this time.
    You don't really *need* to flank them because you can actually hit something this time.. in RTH30 it was nearly impossible to hit stuff behind cover.
    And it's really enjoyable to *destory* their cover with your bazooka team or trenches/banks/carts wiith your MG-team

The only problem is, as I said, that the germans don't really fight back :/ They don't attack and just wait till I come for them, which makes me angry 8[

But why would the storyline and characterizations be pointless?
    This is the first time in a WW2 shooter where you really get to know your team and the inner feelings/sorrow/problems of your character or squad.

and how could someone get enough of movies like Band of Brothers :P come on!

topic:

I think I'm going to buy C&C:RA3 soon. Has it actually been released already?

and on 13th I'll get WoW:WotLK ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn

Just finished Mother 3 today. Man that was a great game.
    I never got around to finishing the original Earthbound, should get on that =/.

Isn't there a complete english patch for Mother 3 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I never got around to finishing the original Earthbound, should get on that =/.

Isn't there a complete english patch for Mother 3 or something?
    Yep!
    http://mother3.fobby.net/

Yeah, you want to finish earthbound before playing this one
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Dead space runs pretty well in FullHD on radeon 3870, so there is no need for sli/crossfire.
    Brother's in Arms seems same old game like first one - and i hate that one, flanking is damn boring, even timeshift was more fun.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Started playing Fallout 3. Maybe an hour or two into it, I''m supposed to go and hunt down the Family.

Sure the game's pretty good, the intro was pretty damn creative. But, it just seems kinda shallow. The shooting mechanics really feel quite awkward. It might be cause I haven't played it long enough. Maybe I don't enjoy it as much, is because I was never too big a fan of Oblivion either. It'll get better I'm sure.