Page 89 of 144 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

BlazBlue, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers, Chrono Trigger and Persona PSP (haven't been able to defeat last boss yet...)

I'll go get my White Knight Chronicles later today and place reservations for Star Ocean 4, Final Fantasy XIII and Resonance of Fate.

I'm really looking forward to Resonance of Fate most, Final Fantasy XIII will be enjoyable for sure though probably not so much as a gaming experience but more of a cinematic experience I guess?

Was not that big of a fan of SO4 on the 360. It offput me quite a bit and I haven't finished it. I should probably get around to it one of these days. But still enjoying White Knight Chronicles. I honestly don't understand some of these reviews, especially the IGN one (a 5.1? Sheesh.). It's no 9 or 10, but more of a 7.5 or 8.

WKC is definitely great. I spend way too much time exploring the giant maps looking for some secret treasures. The online portion of the game definitely feels like an instanced MMO.

I agree with animus. I'm not going to say skip SO4 outright (I certainly would in retrospect), but don't waste money on it. It was generic overall, didn't add anything new to JRPGs, and the story was very bland. The characters were nothing special either. I'm assuming this is the International version, so you won't only get the ear-stabbingly bad English dub, which at least is one plus.

Star Ocean 4 is a rental at best.

We may have our disagreements, but please don't waste your money.

No one rents RPGs here in Mexico. Rentals are always crap like Fifa, Halo or the likes.

And I am aware of the bad parts of Star Ocean 4, yet I love Star Ocean 1, 2 and 3. I remember Star Ocean 3 also had very bad reviews.

If word of mouth or reviews defined what I played... I would have never touched the .hack series.

I do appreciate the warning, but I don't plan to skip on the game. Not after waiting for a full year (I don't own and never will own an Xbox)

Star Ocean 4 is awesome, ryll is delirious :P, go get it and enjoy it.
    -----------------

Started Mass Effect 2, pretty cool game so far.

I'm pretty sure the face model for Miranda is Sarah from Chuck.

edit: just confirmed it via IMDB.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sun, 02-07-2010 at 12:51 AM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I haven't played it yet, but I knew her face structure looked so familiar especially her jawbone.and cheek structure when I saw her in trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Star Ocean 4 is awesome, ryll is delirious :P, go get it and enjoy it.
    I already reserved it. Going to get it next saturday. Don't have the time to pick it up during weekdays thanks to work.

I also reserverd FFXII, Resonance of Fate and Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey.

WKC is awesome btw.

No clue when Resonance of Fate is actually coming out. Gamestop says March 9th, Amazon says May 31st, a few sites say Q2 2010, and the Sega UK site says sometime in March.

I'm so confused.
    Last edited by animus; Sun, 02-07-2010 at 02:01 AM.

True. At this time I kinda doubt it releases on the very same day as FFXIII. Nevertheless, I already have my copy reserved. The guy from the flea market (only way to get RPGs here in Mexico... like I said before, people play sports or fps mostly here...) said he's got more reservations for it than for FFXIII. LOL. And most for PS3 (like this is a surprise... Mexican xbox gamers don't care about RPG...)

From word of mouth, I hear SO4 is actually pretty good. The only thing that sucked was that the lipsynch and english dubs were horrible along with the fact that you had to keep swapping discs or something. PS3 version should fix that with jap audio and 1 disc only.

Other than that the story is suppose to be ok, but gameplay is awesome.

Definitely going to pick this up. I was really hyped for WKC, but it isn't as good as expected. Even from the videos it didn't look that great. Been dying for a good JRPG as of late for a change of pace.

WKC is amazing. The single player's alright, but the online component is pretty astounding. There's quite a lot of time you can put into the game because of the online.

Not to mention a lot of loot that's craftable.

Got left 4 dead 2 - its way better than first one, already finished all campaigns on advanced(but i died just near safe point in 2 of them - goddamn hunters)
    Also I'm getting close to finishing the Demon's Souls(that is for first time - then I'll move onto new game +) 78 lv temple knight with meat clever and second chance, brushwood armor and dark silver shield.
    And RZ - you reminded me of great hack series - i have to play them too... damn too many games to finish, my exams are coming close(adv math, adv physics, adv English, basic polish) so i have to study and i have to prepare a essay for the exam(I'm about halfway through)..
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    WKC is amazing. The single player's alright, but the online component is pretty astounding. There's quite a lot of time you can put into the game because of the online.

Not to mention a lot of loot that's craftable.
    I haven't tried the online since I just begun the game yesterday night. Didn't play it today because I was finishing FFCC Crystal Bearers on the Wii today. I'll have to check the online part of WKC sometime soon.

Xelbair: I wish exams was what was stopping me. Work has been a pain since the last restructure we were given past august. I haven't stopped once since then. My writing has also suffered from this.

Anyway... FFCC Crystal Bearers while not a letdown, it definitely didn't live to all the hype it generated. No wonder Square suddenly stopped talking about it until it was released.

I bought a PS3 slim this week and White Knight Chronicle along with it

WKC is awesome so far.

I'm having some freezing issue with the game however. If i play for longer than a couple hours the game would freeze with the music still playing normally in the background.

It happened twice now and I remember reading about the freezing issue in the IGN review so i was wondering if anyone else had experience it. I'm not sure if it's the game itself or the system since my slim unit tend to get rather hot.

I've never experienced any freezing problem as of yet. We should all get together sometime online and do some quests!

Yeah, same. I've been playing for two days now, and never once encountered a single freeze. Hopefully, it's just the game, and not the system.

On another note, anyone try out the Heavy Rain demo yet? Man, I loved it, this is just a completely and utterly brilliant game. It made me even more anxious for the release.
    Last edited by Zati; Tue, 02-09-2010 at 06:15 PM.

No freezing issues with me either. But I don't own an Slim.

No freezes here either, and I have about 35 hours clocked in already.