Page 90 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Been playing Mass Effect 2 and I'm kind of disappointed. It's basically KotOR without the Star Wars universe. Same gameplay, similar battle system, similar "force" powers.

I'm not sure if I like the mission gameplay either. In KotOR, you'd get a mission that was somewhat elaborate and involved some searching and back and forth. So far in ME2, missions consist of someone telling you to go do something, you walk into the next room where the target is sitting and deal with him, then walk back into the previous room to report that you completed the mission. Maybe the missions get more complex later, but so far it's pretty silly.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I get the Force -> Biotics connection except for the physical effects (kotor powers usually just hit and left them standing), but the combat system is fairy different. Kotor had pause anytime for any length and issue commands, which could be queued, and it was mostly auto-attack. ME2 is much more real-time with most classes and you actually need to pull the trigger. Soldiers barely ever need to pause unless issuing a command to the other characters. I'd say Dragon Age is more like Kotor.

As for missions, I really appreciate not having to run around for 20 minutes to deliver some silly knickknack that an alien who always said the same two lines wanted. I hated Mannan so much in Kotor.

edit: Orzammar in Dragon Age plays exactly like hub worlds in Kotor 1&2. It is also the worst part of that game. Lots of fetch quests which require back tracking in an enclosed space.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 02-10-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Indeed, I would understand a DOA to kotor comparison, but mass effect has a completely different battle system, the only thing that is somewhat the same is that you can pause the gameplay.
    -----------------

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/se...onance-of-fate

Resonance of Fate dated for March 26th in Europe. And I heard that it's releasing simultaneously in the NA and EU so I hope that's when it actually releases here. I'm glad they avoided putting it on the same day as FFXIII

While its good to avoid releasing Resonance of Fate the same day as FFXIII, I already wanted to play it. Oh well.

Same, but I'd rather they not hurt their sales on a potentially great new IP and have it die due to a poor choice of a release date.

Sorry for the double post, but yeah the US release date for Resonance of Fate is now confirmed to be March 16th

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6250819.html

I've just finished Assassin's Creed 2, and here is my review/impressions(PS3)

Graphics 9/10
    they were really good, but there were some minor shading glitches, and once camera passed through wall. Cities are really lively and well built.
    Animation 9/10
    Great overall, but from time to time it was a bit awkward, blade going next to head, without hitting anything and someone dies etc.
    Gameplay 9,5/10
    Great improvement compared to the first one, Assassination required a bit of stealth, not so many repetitive missions. Twin blades are awesome. but fights are too easy - just counter every hit, and against pole-arms use fists to disarm.
    Plot 7/10
    Plot was really good through the most of the game, but the ending just wasted a great potential for mysterious story, story that required player to think, for something not so much cliche... to think that the game's plot was fucked up by one short sequence..
    Music 10/10
    It was just awesome for this game - it always seemed right.
    Overall 8/10

Pros:
    - Music
    - Great improvement in gameplay compared to 1st one.
    - Twin Blades
    - Interesting characters.
    - The Truth sequences are totally awesome. period.
    Cons:
    - Ending!
    - Minor glitches with animation
    - being forced to collect codex pages.
    - did i mention the fucked up ending?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Weren't both KoTOR and ME2 developed by Bioware? I don't see a huge difference in the battle systems, since you do pause the game in ME2 when you tell your team what attacks to perform. You don't queue up attacks like in KoTOR however.

Still, the similarities between the two are fairly evident. I imagine any RPG will be similar but ME2 just feels too much like KoTOR without lightsabers.

I'm playing Bioshock2 now and it's pretty cool, though it's more like Bioshock 1.5. Not much has advanced or changed.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I hardly ever pause the game in ME2..
    -----------------

You let your AI teammates decide what they'll do by themselves? Every time you select a different weapon or power for you or a team member from the little menu, it pauses the game.

They're pretty good in ME2. They're not dumb like they were in previous Bioware games, or even in Dragon Age without deft tactics programming.

I set them up with whatever they need before the mission gets underway. Switch Garrus over to the sniper rifle, have him use AP ammo, set Thane with Shredder ammo, etc. Then move out. It is very rare that I have them switch up during combat.

After that, they do a good job on their own. I rarely ever have to intervene with them. Those with Overload or Biotics will go for foes with shields/barriers/armor. The only times I really command them are when I want to synchronize timing. Their powers activate instantly line-of-sight from your reticle, and yours take time to get there but can be arced around or over cover. You can coordinate an advanced strike. OR, you can map their powers to the dpad (or whatever the PC commands are) as the game recommends to and accomplish everything in real time. I change the commands they have mapped depending on the mission. Drone or AI Hacking, Overload or Warp.

I really prefer to play it in real time as much as possible. It adds a lot to the experience. That's why I usually switch weapons by holding the X button down. I set up my two primary weapons before a mission gets underway as well.

White Knight Chronicles is just plain awesome.

I just reserved Heavy Rain too. Heck... this february-march is crazy for PS3 gaming.

Ryll pretty much said it, they are pretty good at taking out enemies by themselfs. I only give them commands if, like ryll said, you need to synchro timing. But since I'm playing on pc, even that doesn't require pausing the game, since you can bind 8 powers to buttons, the ones I use the most are bound directly to my mouse.

So yeah no pausing required.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I finally got Modern Warfare 2 for PC. I like it. Spent about 4-5 hours playing yesterday and I like the level up system (sorta). It would have been nice to start at launch w\ everybody else. I played almost 5 hours yesterday and got to lvl 17. unlocked a couple of guns and got a few attachements for my scar and m1.

I don't know if there is really any auto-balancing going on... you play w\ a bunch of people who have significantly better gear and upgrades than you do and I haven't bothered to see if theres a way around it.

Also, the knife kills are SO LAME. They obviously went through alot of trouble to try and make the game realistic, and these drive by knifings are BS. Same thing when I actually see the knifer, and shoot them several times and still die to the knife hit.

I'm so used to playing team fortress which is so different from mw2.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    From watching some PS3 gameplay, MW2's knife has huge range. COD4'S range seems more realistic, but less free in style.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 02-16-2010 at 07:59 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

to get rid of knifers play hardcore, but you get campers there. Try taking ump/scar with stopping power - 2/3 hits are enough to take someone down in normal. Also try knifing for yourself - that way you can learn to avoid knifers and counter them... With knife in any class or ump.

P.s Maybe we should make gotwoot steam group?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Hardcore is a lot of fun, and you can try different weapons because pretty much any weapon can kill in two or three shots. Like Xelbair said, knifing sucks in hardcore, but everyone camps. Still, it's a lot of fun to creep around and kill the campers. You need to advance to ninja 2 and the perk that kills radar, otherwise you won't last long in hardcore.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    bought ME 1 and 2 a few days ago
    after I finished ME 1 I started playing ME 2

ME 1 = RPG with FPS elements
    ME 2 = FPS with RPG elements

I like both games though
    the AI in ME1 was pretty much useless, I can't say the same thing about them in ME2 though which is really great
    and they are alot easier to control
    I don't have to pause the game to direct their force attacks
    For example:
    for a Pull/Warp combo all i need to do is prress Q, wait ~1 sek and press E

what I don't like about ME 2 however is that there are nearly no items to use/find.
    I still have the same armor which I had at the beginning of the game
    the Blood-Dragon Armor which I got from buying Dragon Age is very weak too.

and there is nearly no reason to play the Soldier class anymore.
    at least not until you reach a very high lvl with maxed out ammo-types (squad-skilled)
    but even that is not needed if you got Jack or Garrus with either warp or tungsten(?) ammo

the graphics are really wonderfull though.. I liked the scenery during Zaeeds loyality-mission alot.. felt like watching avatar.well done

Every time you select a different weapon or power for you or a team member from the little menu, it pauses the game
    mousewheel + 1-7 solves (or whatever bindings you gave them)
    you can use the quick-spell-slots for your teammembers too.

oh and btw.. the "renegade-jokes" are extremely funny..shepard is really a jerk.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 02-16-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    what I don't like about ME 2 however is that there are nearly no items to use/find.
    I still have the same armor which I had at the beginning of the game
    the Blood-Dragon Armor which I got from buying Dragon Age is very weak too.

and there is nearly no reason to play the Soldier class anymore.
    at least not until you reach a very high lvl with maxed out ammo-types (squad-skilled)
    but even that is not needed if you got Jack or Garrus with either warp or tungsten(?) ammo
    You have to buy armor types. I certainly agree that I wish there were more (I would even pay for them) but there are an adequate number of armor pieces for the N7 armor. An option to remove the helmets on the special armors would be a nice plus too. My Shepard is too pretty to wear helmets all the time.

I disagree, I loved playing Soldier. You can absolutely scream through the game with a Soldier. The machine gun (specialized assault rifle) allows you a lot of utility up close, and the Adrenaline Rush makes headshots with any sniper rifle or even the other weapons a piece of cake, and it is really satisfying when you rank it up all the way. I took rank 3 Disruptor rounds for weapon overheats, Inferno rounds (rank 4 incendiary splash damage), and took 2 ranks in AP ammo from Garrus. I could take down anything, with any weapon. Even then, I mainly stuck with Inferno rounds.

The more reckless you play Solider, the more fun they are. It is similar to Vanguards, but without the hax biotic ability that is Charge. Adrenaline Rush is a big bonus, because some enemies move back and forth between sets of cover constantly, making it tough to get a headshot sometimes.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 02-16-2010 at 05:08 PM.