Page 100 of 144 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Got back into the emulator craze when I felt like reliving my adventures around Hyrule.... bout to enter the greatest dungeon of any game in the Forest Temple. Question, should I be playing Master Quest?

That got me wanting to play some other previous gaming loves. Finally got a dreamcast emulator to work, well my other attempt being years ago it makes sense it works now right? Its 2010 for chrimety sake, we have the masses putting their minds to use on making vintage escapism more readily available.

Also until Starcraft2 sucks me in I'm having some more nostalgia button pressing fun in a free server Phantasy Star a friend suggested I join him and it does bring some good OG xbox memorys back.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu View Post
    I'm having some more nostalgia button pressing fun in a free server Phantasy Star a friend suggested I join him and it does bring some good OG xbox memorys back.
    Please, tell us more about this server you speak of.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Right here
    http://schtserv.com/

Top spot in google search for phantasy star private server.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm playing Borderlands co-op with my brother. Currently at level 14.

I've probably spent well over 10K worth of revival fees trying to beat this boss. It's the first game I've played that requires the technique known as grinding - hence I never thought about doing it till now.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Lol, I like to grind those games even when i don't have to.

I beat Limbo yesterday. I only died a few several dozen times. If you liked Braid, I would highly recommend you check it out.

The atmosphere was great, really eerie with the soundtrack being silent most of the time. It has a great mix of platforming and puzzles, forcing you to think as often as you end up relying on your reaction skills. You never get the feeling that, "Oh, this a going to be a puzzle part," or "This is definitely an action part," because you end up having to think about where you are going to run or what you'll land into if you mistime the jump, since some of the solutions require sequential actions. It is so well blended that it feels like they usually require both skills.

None of the puzzles or action segments are particularly hard, if you die, it is always your fault, and you definitely know it. Two spots really pissed me off for a while, and one puzzle had me stumped for a good 10 minutes mostly due to its simplicity.

The black on grey color palette is used really effectively. Lots of things blend into the foreground and background perfectly, adding to the atmosphere.

It's a short game, only about 4 hours, but I thought it was well worth the 1200 points on XBL.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 07-25-2010 at 07:13 AM.

Yep, playing through Limbo now. It's a pretty simplistic puzzle platformer, but the style and atmosphere is so great it doesn't have to be any deeper than it is. That part with the spider creeped me out.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

StarCraft 2 no-life time. the game is so epic that no words can describe its awesomeness. After i finish campaign i'm gonna go online in 2v2 and 3v3 league with my friends.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

BlazBlue: Contiuum Shift.

...and I suck at it. They nerfed Rachel (my main in CT) to unusable, and aside from Litchi, I've got nothing. I tried Tsubaki, but she doesn't fit my style. She's fun, but I'm not going to get anywhere with her.

That, and I can't beat the Arcade Boss. At all.

I am in serious need of some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Question for the demon's souls players in here. Do I need the special souls for something later in the game? Like the Lead/Iron/Flame demon soul.

Or should I just cash them in? >_>
    Don't EVER cash them.

You need most of this Souls to buy Magic, Miracles or to upgrade your weapons into special versions of them.

The thing here is, though, that you need to finish he full game 4 times if you want the Platinum Trophy. Im still working on that. I've already acquiered all Magic. I need about 3 more miracles and a few weapons... which means I need 2 more games.

I guess you can cash them then, but it ain't worth it.

Im level 159 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    BlazBlue: Contiuum Shift.

...and I suck at it. They nerfed Rachel (my main in CT) to unusable, and aside from Litchi, I've got nothing. I tried Tsubaki, but she doesn't fit my style. She's fun, but I'm not going to get anywhere with her.

That, and I can't beat the Arcade Boss. At all.

I am in serious need of some practice.
    Any of the DLC characters available already? Or rather... is Makoto available?... since Platinum and Valkenhayn are still on development.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Any of the DLC characters available already? Or rather... is Makoto available?... since Platinum and Valkenhayn are still on development.
    According the the DLC schedule, Makoto is out on August 5th, along with the Version 1.01 patch.

The finer details on 1.01 are scarce. It may make Rachel viable again (likely, since she has been an absolute wreck since CS, most Rachel players had no choice but to abandon her), and it may also nerf Litchi (sadly likely, as they overdid it on her sorely needed damage buff from CT).

That said, even though Litchi has gone from the bottom to the top in terms of viability, it seems a lot of people aren't playing her, going for the easier characters and Hazama. Litchi's combos are really long, like 10+ moves rather often, so they take a lot of dedication to learn. In a way, she's similar to Rachel in how much time you have to put into her, which is why she's my new main.
    plus she has big boobies!

I should really get into the story mode to unlock Mu, but most of them are locked until you play Ragna's, and I hate Ranga. Also, I've spent most of my time with the game having to learn a new character since they trashed Rachel.

That said, the tutorial modes are surprisingly awesome. Rachel narrates/instructs, and some of her lines are really funny. The Beginner Mode control scheme also lets button-masher friends who aren't used to fighting games play semi-competitively.

edit:
    I forgot. Most of the forum members interested in BlazBlue are on the PS3, but for anyone on the Xbox 360, my gamertag is Ryllharu, and I'll be on after 4pm EST during the week or in the gotwoot IRC channel. If you want to play a few bouts, find me at one spot or the other.

I've switched my main to Litchi, am trying to learn Tsubaki, and will most likely pick up either Makoto or delta-11/nu-13.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 07-28-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Personally, I've never considered myself an all-out gamer for fighters, so I don't really have a main. I do enjoy playing some characters more than others, yes, but I mostly use 'random select' when playing friends. I hate Jin. More than Carl.

I prefer story mode more though.

But Im really looking forwards to those tutorials now that you tell me Rachel narrates them.

BTW. I bought the Noel Nendoroid from the Japanese limited edtion. She's freaking cute. I'll try and get a picture later at home.

BlazBlue is much more complex than fighters like Tekken or SF, and even a lot more sophisticated than Guilty Gear.

The game somewhat necessitates the need to main a character. All of them play so completely differently because of the Drive system. For example, Taokaka requires a lot of practice to learn how to fake out and dance around. A lot of her moves simply won't hit purely on who the opponent is (height and stance). She's really fragile, so you have to never be where your opponent expects.

The wonderful thing about that is there is a character who specializes in pretty much every type of play style someone might have. There are zoning characters (Rachel/delta-11, who vastly differ between each other btw), there are mistake punishers (Tager), dancing characters (Tao), mix-up (Litchi/Bang/Hazama, again vastly different between them), dodger/rushers (Noel), pure rushers (Ragna/Makoto), hybrid rushers (Tsubaki), counterers (Hakumen), shotos - like Ken/Ryu (Jin), and more.

I highly recommend going over to dustloop just to read a little insight from people who really focus on the characters. You don't have to read their in-depth combo guides and frame references/advantages breakdowns, but their pros/cons overviews are spot on.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 07-28-2010 at 06:33 PM.

If you want cheap souls go to 4-2 and just kill the reaper over and over - its faster to commit suicide than to use spell to go back to nexus.
    and you can get platinium in 3 playthrougs - you can purify dragon god soul and then utilize it to learn the spell in one playthrough.

As for BlazBlue CS - i envy you - it will take long time before its released here(If it will ever be released here..). Is delta-11 much different from Nu?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I just started playing Assassin's Creed II. It feels a little better than the first game, but it's not as amazingly different from the original as everyone made it out to be. It could be all the Italian elements that bother me, and I particularly hate the mixing of Italian with English speech. Still somewhat enjoyable.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I'm alternating between castlevania order of ecclesia and SC2. I would love to play Castlevania symphony of the night on my ps3... but this PSX classic is only released in NA PSN...

@ animus
    I have only pc, ps3 and nds..
    Last edited by Xelbair; Fri, 08-06-2010 at 05:59 AM.

It's on XBLA too if you have a 360. Though, not sure if it's in the EU XBL.

Yes it's on EU xbl.

Currently playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, much better then I thought it would be.
    -----------------

I tried the trial version of Harmony of Despair, but I didn't really like it. It certainly wouldn't be worth the 1200 points for me.

On the other hand, I did enjoy my first match of Monday Night Combat. I couldn't really handle the slow speed of the Gunner, but I did have fun with the Assassin. I died a lot getting the feel for how squishy she was, but Grapple Kills were a blast. It is a fun 3rd person Team Fortressy game, but aside from the cartoon styling and class-based combat, it has a lot more in common with a tower defense game against an opposing team. Turrets play a huge role in the map I was on, so teamwork is really essential to break the stalemate between the two teams in order to get the bots through.

It's more like a fusion of Team Fortress 2 and DoTA.

There's a few more similarities. Such as deploying sentries, the medigun and the medigun health buffer. What the medigun does differently is that it also drains health from enemies with it's alternate fire.