Page 105 of 144 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Recent Steam Purchases (on special):

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light $5
    Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition $17
    Flat Out: Carnage $2

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I went a little overboard on Steam purchases:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light 5$
    Resident Evil 5 10$
    Mass Effect 1 and 2 10$ each
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 5$

Hopefully I'll be able to install the witcher, I heard that there are huge issues with installing it on Win7.

Still playing LoL though, Kat is my current fav. Me and Lucifus had a EPIC match on Christmas morning, shame theres no replay =(.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Ooh Mass Effect 1 & 2 for $20, that's pretty damn sweet, those games are crazy awesome.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Fear pack
    AVP
    Darksiders
    Overlord pack
    And Monkey Island SE pack for me so far >_>.
    -----------------

I pondering if i should get the Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam for 14,99€, it's 50% off so its usually 29,99€..

It's only one of these Daily Holiday Sale things so i'm not sure if i should just get it now or if a better deal comes along later on..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild View Post

Mass Effect 1 and 2 10$ each
    I bought ME 1 and 2 as well, but for $30 all up. (second round offers)

Also picked up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chenobyl and Copy of Pipyat.

(You can buy them separately for $7.50 and $10 respectively, or together for $5 - make sense much? )

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I've been playing black ops since it came out... still haven't touched the campaign or zombie mode.

Played the zombie mode when I was on vacation w\ my 6 year old nephew

Gonna try to kick black ops this week and finish up Dragon Age and then move into Awakening so I can finish and play Dragonage 2 when it comes out in march.

I've never played the original FF Tactics so i picked up War of the Lions for the psp when i saw it for cheap.

Just got done with it and holy crap. This is easily one of the most depressing/psychological game story ever. It was very well written despite the story being told in very small chunk at a time, definitely tying with FFVI for my favorite FF game now.

It really makes me wonder how the series became the obnoxiously cute GBA games.

I got Total War: Shogun 2 a couple weeks ago and haven't opened it because I'm busy playing BF:BC2 MP.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Currently going through:

Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell or Ar Ciel (PS3)
    Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties (PSP)
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
    Mortal Kombat (PS3)
    Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (DS - been stuck on last boss for months, need grinding)

For the past week I have been playing Twilight Princess for the GC and so far it's been pretty good. And last night my cousin and I started on LA Noire. We're a couple hours in and though I was a little apprehensive about the game at first, I eventually grew a liking for the game.

Extensively playing Alice: Madness Returns on PC. Using wired xbox 360 controller because the keyboard controls are dreadful (extensive use of Caps Lock, Tab, Left Control, and Left Shift nearly gave me carpal tunnel).

It plays a bit like a slower paced Bayonetta without the elaborate combos. Lots of timed, directional dodging and using the right weapon against an enemy at the right time, then following up for damage. Maybe a bit like some of the Zeldas then now that I think about it. You do need to think during combat, definitely prioritize certain enemies (weaker, easy kills first) over others, and always be aware of what is surrounding you. The rest of the game is pretty solid platforming (though sometimes Alice falls through stuff that looks like you could land on it) and easy puzzles. Lots of exploring for little secrets and Memories (sound bites) that move the plot forward.

As for the plot, the first Alice game was dark, gory and grotesque, but Madness Returns is far more insidious. Some people say Madness Returns isn't as dark, but I think it is much more subtle. The more memories you collect, the more you fill with dread about learning the whole truth. Voice acting is pretty good, a few not so much, but the main recurring cast is very good. While Madness Returns is brighter and more colorful than its predecessor, the atmosphere is still gothic and a sense of unsettledness leeches into you as you progress.

Alice herself is also pretty hot, in a waifish sort of way. Either version too, drab London reality or Wonderland prettied-up.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Ooooh, I've been waiting for this game for a long time now. Loved the first Alice to death but the gameplay wasn't very deep, I'm glad to hear they did something about that this go around. I'll be buying the game tomorrow and I'll start on it as soon as I've finished Amnesia: Dark Descent.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Finished Dungeon Siege 3 recently

its pretty good, I believe its somewhat like what Diablo 3 will be.

Blog Entries
    I'm playing dead rising, it's not that good a game but the hordes of zombies and all the cool ways you can kill them makes it enjoyable.

I finally went through Bioshock 1 and 2 on my own. I beat the first one last Sunday and I just finished the second one about 15 minutes ago. I would have to say I enjoyed the first one more gameplay-wise but I liked the story of the second one just a bit more.

I tried, but couldn't like Bioshock 1. I still haven't finished it for that reason.

Currently switching between The Witcher 2 and Plants vs Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I tried, but couldn't like Bioshock 1. I still haven't finished it for that reason.
    Really? It's the first FPS I've actually played through since Turok on the N64. I think the story is what really drew me in; I thought it was interesting to see what could happen to a society that was built on Ayn Rand's objectivism philosophy. Plus I'm a sucker for art deco so the game styling really appealed to me.

Was there specific elements about the game you disliked? Or did it just fail to pull you in?

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    Really? It's the first FPS I've actually played through since Turok on the N64. I think the story is what really drew me in; I thought it was interesting to see what could happen to a society that was built on Ayn Rand's objectivism philosophy. Plus I'm a sucker for art deco so the game styling really appealed to me.

Was there specific elements about the game you disliked? Or did it just fail to pull you in?
    It just failed to pull me in. I love the retro setting, which was half the reason I was playing it, but I just really couldn't care about what my goals or what was going on in the world. The speeches by the various guys didn't help clear that up neither.

Maybe I'll give it another go later after I finish Mass Effect 1&2 (assuming I even finish those before all the shooters come out towards the end of the year).