Page 14 of 144 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

what game are you currently playing.??

I did say it was a demo, so at least some changes would be expected, but I'm really not seeing a whole lot to like in the demo. It's just what I thought since I hate the idea of it playing like an MMO with a storyline. The battle system is what you're going to be interacting with most of the time in any RPG (excepting Xenosagas, so many cutscenes....) The game is going to sell huge anyway, just because of the FF Tactics charm (not quite the same, but that didn't stop people from buying Tactics Advance either).

I'm just starting to think the Final Fantasy franchise is starting to lose its charm even to some of the fans. (I'm not the only person who hated FFIX and thought XI was a bad idea).

Thanks for reminding me of Chrono Trigger, now I'm gonna have to go replay that for the 80th time, maybe this time I'll save Schala from the rampaging Mammon Machine and Lavos.

Yeah the FF series is definitely losing it's charm amongst the hardcore fans, but on the other hand it keeps winning new ground as the most famous RPG series currently running.
    So I reckon Square won't have to worry too much...

Save Schala? :S I've beaten it a million times (or so [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) and I don't recall anything about her possibly being "not saved" :S

She falls into the void after (Spoiler-free)[what Chrono does]. It just seems like you save her if you kill the super-hard version of Lavos. It's all in my head.

lol

Poor Schala. We want to save her so much that we pretend we can :S

Magna Carta:Tears Of Blood PS2(I can't stop playing, every time I turn it off I wanna know what's gonna happen next so I start playing it again)
    WWE Smackdown vs Raw PS2

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

I'm also playing Magna Carta: Tears of Blood. I got it yesterday! Unfortunatly this game has a long ass loading time for me...

Originally posted by: Aclypze
    I'm also playing Magna Carta: Tears of Blood. I got it yesterday! Unfortunatly this game has a long ass loading time for me...
    It's not just you, it has some long load times but eventually you get used to it.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Does anyone remember the Chrono resurrection project that was going on a couple of year ago? They discontinued the project unfortunately, but what they accomplished was fantastic. Here, have a look. http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

FFX spoilers and stuff

I think I'm nearing the end of FFX now. I recently finished the puzzle in the Zanarkand Dome and I'm fighting this boss with lots of pads around him which I need to move around. I hate that the bosses are so fucking hard in this game, I have to run around and level up which is annoying when I want to see what happens next very badly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

My evaluation so far is that this game isn't quite up to par with FF6 or 7, but I must stress something about this game which is absolutely mindblowing, a particular scene. And I'm sure all you FFX fans have seen the scene a million times and you are probably thinking "God, that Terra is sooooo slow" but I still just have to say how AWESOME Tidus & Yuna's moment under the water was. Partly because I love the song "Suteki da Ne" so much, but also because it felt so... you know, right. Their romance had been brewing for a long time and you just knew it was gonna happen eventually. Yuna was crying, and I was sitting in front of the TV practically screaming "DAMNIT EMBRACE HER, TIDUS!" and then they started kissing, the song kicked in and they dived under water. Awesome stuff. One of the best VG scenes I've seen in years.

Yay my God of War for PS2 finally arrived.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

im playing Starcraft: Broodwar, while waiting for my DS to arrive ^^

I just read Terra's playing FFX. That's my favourite game of all time. I love the story and the characters, particularly the relation between Jecht and Tidus. It's simply the best ever FF for me. You gotta play FFX-2 to complete the story!
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Originally posted by: Psyke
    I just read Terra's playing FFX. That's my favourite game of all time. I love the story and the characters, particularly the relation between Jecht and Tidus. It's simply the best ever FF for me. You gotta play FFX-2 to complete the story!
    FFX-2 is one of the worst games I have ever played. I can take alot and I always finish games that I buy. But this was just too damn horrible that I couldn't even muster the strenght to go all the way. There is just one other game that I have bought and not finished, Saga Frontier 2, that should say something about the level of FFX-2.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

Originally posted by: el_boss
    Originally posted by: Psyke
    FFX-2 is one of the worst games I have ever played. I can take alot and I always finish games that I buy. But this was just too damn horrible that I couldn't even muster the strenght to go all the way. There is just one other game that I have bought and not finished, Saga Frontier 2, that should say something about the level of FFX-2.
    ffx-2 was the biggest mistake, the story from the first one was way better and it should've ended there. the dress system i found weird, the style and story of this one is something i can't bear either. good things seem to have bad sequels nowadays.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Originally posted by: Ryllharu
    She falls into the void after (Spoiler-free)[what Chrono does]. It just seems like you save her if you kill the super-hard version of Lavos. It's all in my head.
    While you're at it, let's go and try to resurrect Aeris too.

Edit: I'm playing FF7 on the PC. I should say replaying. Goddamn it's a kick ass game.

And as for FFX... It's possibly the worst FF I have played. (I've never played FFX2, so hah!) The plot was really mediocre. The fucking voice overs were horrible. Yuna sounded like a robot, and Tidus sounded like a fucking prepubescent boy. The game was completely LINEAR. You can only go backwards or forwards in every zone. The airship was completely dissapointing. I couldn't wait to fly around the world, but all you get is a crappy map. Blitzball is a shitty game. It's ridiculously hard at the beginning, but becomes ridiculously easy at the end... I also didn't like the leveling system worked in the game. The concept was good, but the execution was poor. One of the huge flaws in it was the ability to gain 40 or so levels at once.. Also the fact that if you wanted to have "perfect stats" you had to actually go back and delete some of the stat gains you had before, and replace it with a better version of it.

The only good thing about the game was the monster collecting. And the crazy bosses you had to fight with the monster collecting.

Currently, I am replaying FF Tactics Xenogears, and FF7, though tactics gets the bulk of my time. The worst FF game ever made was FF9, that game sucked so bad, I destroyed the cds with a little help from a hole in the ground, gasoline, and a match.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

Having played all the FF games since VI (with the exception of XI), I'd have to say IX was my least favourite due to the story. The story is one of the most important aspect of any FF game, and that's the reason why FFX is my favourite. FFX2 was good too in my opinion. I logged over 99 hours for both games, and thoroughly enjoyed both experiences.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I just got Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex the other day, yet to play it, but it should be good.
    For PSP by the way.

Terra's FFX quest part 5:

God DAMNIT. I just read that in order to get Anima I have to beat that fucking Dark Valefor since I forgot to use the destruction sphere thingies back in Besaid. That pisses me off, I don't really feel like power leveling and getting a bunch of super weapons just to find out more about the story. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Other than that I have the last boss just in front of me so I'm about to beat the game.

Can anyone tell me roughly what happens in the cutscene when you get Anima? I heard that you find out more about Seymour's past. That's really the only reason I want to get the damn thing :/

Dark... Valefor?

Terra, this is the International version your playing, yes?

And if so, DAMN! I want that version if only for the sake of the extra bosses!

Oh yes, does anyone knows what happens at the end of the "Last Mission" mode of the X-2 International version?

KIMOCHI~II