Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Originally posted by: SilverSurfie
    If i recall its basically the Blue Frame Astray (big sword, etc) except that its red.

BINGO!

I'm one of the few people who actually prefer the original M10 Astray to the Red and Blue verions with the sword and gigantic gun. Too bad it didn't have a 1/100 version.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I picked up the Red Frame Astray just last week when I dropped into my local Hobby store... it was a spontaneous buy to say the least... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: Psyke
    I'm one of the few people who actually prefer the original M10 Astray to the Red and Blue verions with the sword and gigantic gun. Too bad it didn't have a 1/100 version.
    NIT PICK ALERT: Are you talking about the M1 Astray (not M10), the mass-produced model? Because technically the Red, Blue, and Gold frames were proto-types for those so they would be the originals.

Originally posted by: Curium
    Originally posted by: Psyke
    NIT PICK ALERT: Are you talking about the M1 Astray (not M10), the mass-produced model? Because technically the Red, Blue, and Gold frames were proto-types for those so they would be the originals.
    Oops. Yeah I was referring to the M1s in the Seed anime and not in the manga. : )
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

watched GSD 49.. Akatsuki looks really nice. Would like to get one when it's released... Wonder when will they release it..

i got a 1/100 justice gundam at AWA today (anime weekend atlanta) that convetion kicked ass!

how much?

21 dollars, not too shabby considering it didnt cost any tax nor shipping or handling [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]! ill be finish bulding it soon and ill post sum pics. btw im outta gundam makers... is there anyway i can use something else in its place? perhaps an ultrafine sharpie?

i wouldnt advise using sharpies, thier ink reflects an undesireable copper-ish reflection when light hits it, and doesnt look good at all. i know this from experience [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

id say either wait til you can get more markers, or try and use some testors flat black with a really fine brush. maybe have a rag handy with a little bit of thinner on it to fix mistakes hehe

I use a pen from an art store...
    Sakura Pigma Micron.
    It's a miro pigment ink that's waterproof and fade proof.
    It's ultra thin and costs about $2.50.

a little bit off topic, but not by far, has anyone tried a Five Star Stories plastic kit from wave? anyone have any pointers? ive been spoiled with snap-together, pre-molded-in-the-right-colors, and sticker laden high grades and master grades. what is a good glue to use? what is a good application technique? i have Kight of Gold ver.3 and Knight of Gold Lachesis 1/144 kits

my gundams finally came from hlj. it only took like a week and i recommend hlj as a ordering site because they always rush your orders. might post pics later

dearka's custom blaze zaku phantom came out in MSiA version

Ovan, The Rebirth

same as any other zaku ; rippoff

i want a skygrasper but i want to know if it's really worth the money to get it?

if i should get it then which one?

this
    this
    or this?

and if you pick the 1/60 perfect grade version then tell me what you would pick for your second choice too because i might not get the perfect grade version, o and the third sky grasper is a different one from the gsd astray series

Ovan, The Rebirth

I have the 1/60 PG Sky Grasper myself... Pix to be posted... but not anytime soon.
    I would not pick the other 2 sets, b/c they're toooo small.
    Plus the Sky Grasper is compatible with the 1/60 PG Strike...
    that is, if I ever get around to buying and building it.

that last one there is the MIA skygrasper, compatible with the MIA Strike Gundam, its not a model but a toy, hope that helps you narrow it down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

no point in getting the MSIA one its gonna look like shit. the 1/144 is ok but u gonna have to paint to really make it look like the box or the one in the show. I would go with the PG one but be careful don't screw up

is the PG sky grasper worth buying though?

Ovan, The Rebirth