Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Originally posted by: Psyke
    Originally posted by: PTX-003C
    well...i am just telling the truth...he didn't do enough line work and knife work to make the model to look good...
    i am guessing he only used the gundam lining marker to do the lining....and even so...he didn't do all the detailed lines...
    only thing i will say is better is that he did remember to do a little fix to the skirts
    For your info PTX all my kits are Air Brushed and sanded with hobby sand paper and cut with a hobby knife. The only thing I did not do is to use putty.

And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version.

As for the Freedom's wings I just put them up wrongly for display for this photo taking session. All my models are kept in boxes because I do not have enough place to show them all till I get my own apartment next year. So, I do not need to FIX IT.

And yeah, PTX tell me how to be a pro like you if you think all I do is use Gundam Markers. One look at the colours and you should be able to see that I've used different colours to spray them.

Thank you to the rest for the nice words. Will post up pics of my other MG kits once I have the time.
    umm....airbrushing is not the main point..i don't really care you air brushed or dry brushed...and i was just guessing about the marker part...i said that earlier
    but it's quite true you didn't do enough lining work....=.=|||

"And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version."

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs....

sorry if you think i am dissing you....but i do think you need more knife work on the models...
    and about the blitz....i suggess you to cut the clows apart and re-joint them with metal joints, it will look way better.

Btw.....i see a MG strike there...but that Freedom is no grade, right?(can't really see...too far).

Originally posted by: Souryusen
    I don't even like Gundam W but I think I may try this kit. I love the redesign of the original Wing Gundam.
    ^^ that is wing custom

@ptx

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs

freedom really doesnt look as good in hg as the mg version, really, and i think he meant to say that there arent ne SEED kits in mg other than freedom strike and strike rouge (which there arent)
    -----------------

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    I don't even like Gundam W but I think I may try this kit. I love the redesign of the original Wing Gundam.
    ^^ that is wing custom

@ptx

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs

freedom really doesnt look as good in hg as the mg version, really, and i think he meant to say that there arent ne SEED kits in mg other than freedom strike and strike rouge (which there arent)
    that's not wing custom, it's wing Ver. Ka, which only appeared in the novel....

honestly....i think the HG is actually better than the MG freedom.....if you pay more attention to the MG...it's legs are too short and the chest is still a little too big...which that doesn't appear in the HG, customing the HG will actually look better than the MG freedom....

i said custom because its a CUSTIMIZED version of wing isnt it, its a redesign by katoki, i KNOW that

and man you must be tripping, the mg freedom has a katoki'ish design, which have the longer sleeker appearance, and the wings are oversized ( which looks 10000X better then ne other freedom)

too short?? i dont think so
    -----------------

i said custom because its a CUSTIMIZED version of wing isnt it, its a redesign by katoki, i KNOW that

and man you must be tripping, the mg freedom has a katoki'ish design, which have the longer sleeker appearance, and the wings are oversized ( which looks 10000X better then ne other freedom)

too short?? i dont think so
    it's not customized....it's just Ver. Ka...

and...i think you are the one tripping...=.=b
    i said HG, not no grade...

what the hell do you think katoki does?? make a entirely NEW gundam out of scratch??? NO, he takes a gundam as a reference, and then does a redesign of some part, includes new parts, excludes some old part, its just like modding a car, or a computer case, you can call its VER. whatever, you still took something that already existed and modded it into something different

and ok:
    1/100 freedom:

sry looks even shorter, and the bigass wings on mg freedom cant be beaten

1/144 HG freedom:

looks just as short as the 1/100 one

and short wings suck
    -----------------

what the hell do you think katoki does?? make a entirely NEW gundam out of scratch??? NO, he takes a gundam as a reference, and then does a redesign of some part, includes new parts, excludes some old part, its just like modding a car, or a computer case, you can call its VER. whatever, you still took something that already existed and modded it into something different

and ok:
    1/100 freedom:

sry looks even shorter, and the bigass wings on mg freedom cant be beaten

1/144 HG freedom:

looks just as short as the 1/100 one

and short wings suck
    better if it has no wings....
    i said i hate big wings....
    i was talking about the legs are too short...i have both MG and HG freedom...
    if you actually let them stand straight, you will find the problem...MG freedom's legs are just a little too short
    and also i told you...CUSTOMED HG
    it is us modelist's job to make a HG look better than MG

well thats your opinion then, mine is that i like the KA style, sleek, and if it has guns, wings or thrusters, make em BIG ( i love things with wings)

and also i thought MG have more/better points of articulation, that alone makes a MG better
    -----------------

well thats your opinion then, mine is that i like the KA style, sleek, and if it has guns, wings or thrusters, make em BIG ( i love things with wings)

and also i thought MG have more/better points of articulation, that alone makes a MG better
    cuz you don't custom them.....
    customizing toys is the whole point of modeling!!
    MG is only for fast and good displays....
    but if want to make a good model, HG is still better
    no matter you are talking about skills needed or time that's going to be used
    it takes more time to custom a HG than a MG
    and result will be customed HG will look better than a MG
    making a small and lack-in-detail model to look better than MG, that's called SKILL!!!

honestly....i really dislike the new designs.....too sleek and with unlogical weapons....huge wings and huge thrusters doesn't make sense either
    what that kind of "chicken legs" physically the unit won't be able to actually stand up on two feet
    wing's weapons doesn't make any sense..you cannot fire a beam that is bigger than your exit but go in a complete parallau line(sorry for bad spelling)
    wings...like in other post, i said already...the wings are useless!!
    huge thrusters......the bigger the thruster is, the heavier the unit is..the more power it need to escape gravity...so that's not a smart move at all

and the chance that they will release MG Force Impulse is really low....since their 1/60 Impulse is so unpopular...(the price is lowered to 1000yen already.....)
    Where is this? I don't particullarly care for Impulse, but 1/60 scale for $10 is hard to pass up.

that maybe skill, but i wonder, how the hell can you up 18 points of articulation to 35+??, without destroying the toy that is??, i mean than you are basically building a new thing right?
    -----------------

Originally posted by: Curium
    and the chance that they will release MG Force Impulse is really low....since their 1/60 Impulse is so unpopular...(the price is lowered to 1000yen already.....)
    Where is this? I don't particullarly care for Impulse, but 1/60 scale for $10 is hard to pass up.
    a place called Japan?

that maybe skill, but i wonder, how the hell can you up 18 points of articulation to 35+??, without destroying the toy that is??, i mean than you are basically building a new thing right?
    isn't it pretty obvieus that we just dumb the wings away and make a whole new one out of PVC boards?=.=|||
    we always do that....basically rebuild the whole model with PVC boards and putty
    result is the model will usually be taller than the original size
    cuz we usually make the legs longer, sharpen the chins and reshape or even remake the whole shoulder armor and head....

1/60 Force Impulse Gundam
    $59.99

like ptx said, you will prolly have to be in japan yourself to find an offer like that
    -----------------

a place called Japan?
    No need to be sarcastic. You know perfectly well I meant online.

1/60 Force Impulse Gundam
    $59.99

like ptx said, you will prolly have to be in japan yourself to find an offer like that
    my fd imported few of them for the sake of buying cheap plastic....hahahaha
    only 1000yen....it's a good way to buy customing parts and material to make models.....

dude...i am talking about yen price...of course i am talking about japan, not online

^^ that is wing custom
    Yeah, the Katoki remake of Wing is one of the more badass designs out there. It looks like it could just rip every other MS apart with its bare hands.

I'll get back to everyone with a review of the kit if I decide to have a go at it.

^^ that is wing custom
    Yeah, the Katoki remake of Wing is one of the more badass designs out there. It looks like it could just rip every other MS apart with its bare hands.

I'll get back to everyone with a review of the kit if I decide to have a go at it.
    i must say, the novel version is the only once that i have slightly more intrested in than TV/OVA
    the idea of making heavyarm's machine gun firing real bullets is way better than beam bullets....

dude...i am talking about yen price...of course i am talking about japan, not online
    So you are saying that Japanese stores don't sell stuff online? Just because it is Yen doesn't mean it can't be online. You could have just said it was in Japan only, not available online.

souryusen, that is exactly what i though when i saw it first [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img], it really looks like some sort of im-a-destroy-you-with-style!, katoki did a great job on that 1
    -----------------

So you are saying that Japanese stores don't sell stuff online? Just because it is Yen doesn't mean it can't be online. You could have just said it was in Japan only, not available online.

not many japanese like to sell their stuff to other countries(apart from big company)
    small stores/yahoo bid....90% of the time they don't offer shipping to other countries
    that's common sense