Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    souryusen, that is exactly what i though when i saw it first [img][/img], it really looks like some sort of im-a-destroy-you-with-style!, katoki did a great job on that 1

in addition sandrock katoki version also looks really cool ( i want a kit of it but cand find it)

and no this is the tv version custom, not the endless waltz version

^^endless waltz
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

I have the endless waltz one. I have three model kits but I just build them and left them like that. I want them to look more realistic, so I could use some pro help on how to do it.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

it's only novel version.....not tv customed
    and there IS model for that novel version

PTX you crack me up sometimes with the way you analyze stuff. I thought I was a bit of a unique thinker but you take the title on that one. There are lots of japanese stores online that sell in yen and will even convert to the US dollar. Or you can exchange your money online for the equivalent and pay in yen. And when you are talking about modellers there aren't many serious ones like you. Alot of the people in here have been going against what you've been saying. So you can take majority for what it is that your views on what needs the most skill and what modellers prefer to build as your own view.

Personally I like the room, scale and size of the MG and PG kits. They allow you for much more customization. You can get detailed beyond belief going even beyond the armor down the the servos and wires. You just can't afford the room that a MG and especially a PG offers you. Sure it takes alot of skill to make a HG or many no grades upto the quality of a MG or PG. But it takes skill to improve on the MG and HG as well. You can rebuild your HG models all you want, but as said you're gonna have a tough time with such small pieces even just getting the articulation down of the higher quality models.

HG are for modellers who can't afford to play with the bigger and better model kits while still offering quality that many no grades don't have. When you start playing with resins in that scale then you get abit more challenge. You need to actually visit some modeller forums and get your facts straight. After alil while in there you will see which models people find to be the most challenging and which need alot of skill to make look alot better than what they give you in the box.

Just cause I want to treat you guys to a guy with real skill. I'm maybe got half the skill of what this guy has. He put up some tutorials not to long ago which have proved useful. You prolly gonna need a translator thou.

http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/

His BAZ project is especially awesome. I love his Kampfer Zwei as well.
    http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/bazproject/bazp.htm

God, it would take so long to do a full listing of every gundam I have bought and assembled. Most of them are 1/144 scale, though all of my seed and seed destiny 1/144's are all HG's.

Wing:
    1/144 of
    Wing
    Wing Zero
    Wing Zero Custom
    Sandrock
    Heavyarms
    Deathscythe
    Deathscythe Hell
    Deathscythe Hell Custom
    Shenlong
    Altron
    Epyon
    Meracius(spl)
    Valk...(spl, you know what I mean)

1/100 of
    Death Scythe
    Wing
    Tallgeese III*(forgot this one)

PG
    Wing Zero Custom (It's my baby :X)

UC:
    (all 1/144)
    Gundam
    Gundam Alex
    Guncannon
    Gelgoog
    Rick-dom
    Hy-gogg
    Kampfer

Gundam Seed
    1/144 HG of:
    Aiel Strike Gundam
    Ginn
    Aegis
    Duel
    Blitz
    Buster
    Freedom
    Justice
    Forbidden
    Raider
    Strike Rouge Gundam +IWSP

1/100 of
    Aegis

Gundam Seed Destiny:
    1/144 HG of
    Force Impulse
    Sword Impulse
    Gaia (unassembled, been busy >_&gt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SD versions of
    Strike Gundam (with all the packs! just in SD form [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])
    Wing Zero Custom
    (forgot name of the stolen gundam from Stardust Memory, but that one.)

*phew* that took a few minutes....

I don't -think- I'm missing anything of what I should have on my list....

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    PTX you crack me up sometimes with the way you analyze stuff. I thought I was a bit of a unique thinker but you take the title on that one. There are lots of japanese stores online that sell in yen and will even convert to the US dollar. Or you can exchange your money online for the equivalent and pay in yen. And when you are talking about modellers there aren't many serious ones like you. Alot of the people in here have been going against what you've been saying. So you can take majority for what it is that your views on what needs the most skill and what modellers prefer to build as your own view.

Personally I like the room, scale and size of the MG and PG kits. They allow you for much more customization. You can get detailed beyond belief going even beyond the armor down the the servos and wires. You just can't afford the room that a MG and especially a PG offers you. Sure it takes alot of skill to make a HG or many no grades upto the quality of a MG or PG. But it takes skill to improve on the MG and HG as well. You can rebuild your HG models all you want, but as said you're gonna have a tough time with such small pieces even just getting the articulation down of the higher quality models.

HG are for modellers who can't afford to play with the bigger and better model kits while still offering quality that many no grades don't have. When you start playing with resins in that scale then you get abit more challenge. You need to actually visit some modeller forums and get your facts straight. After alil while in there you will see which models people find to be the most challenging and which need alot of skill to make look alot better than what they give you in the box.

Just cause I want to treat you guys to a guy with real skill. I'm maybe got half the skill of what this guy has. He put up some tutorials not to long ago which have proved useful. You prolly gonna need a translator thou.

http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/

His BAZ project is especially awesome. I love his Kampfer Zwei as well.
    http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/bazproject/bazp.htm

i must say.....customizing MG and PG are really simple compare to HGs.....cuz they are too big....and too detailed...not many things you can do apart from remake the whole thing...but HGs has way more flexability....not to mention HGs has more models in the first place, but because it's smaller, that's why it takes way more skills to work with it...i don't understand why will you guys think PG is the hardest.....i find PG really simple apart from a little time spending.....but i find way more challenge with customizing a HG..because you have to makee the whole body frame and the extra parts yourself .....which are mostly provided in MG or PG already
    biggest example for that are the joints.....PG and MG's joints are near perfect already....what's the point of doing anything more.....but look at HG...their joints are not really moveable...that's why we customize them..ever saw a no grade 1/144 G-Gundam crossing arms like the MG 1/100? that's what you called skill

Well actually there are some 1/144 nonames that are at or beyond MG quality so yea I've that kind of detail on the lesser scale models. Resin kits for the most part. So basically if I get what you are saying you serious modellers like playing with the smaller tighter HG line since there is lack of detail, crap articulation, and improper scale. You get to show more skill by bringing it upto about a MG quality? Why not challenge yourselves like most other modellers and surpass even what you find in MG like those models in Peck World. Doing the same stuff with MG or even PG allows so much more freedom and real estate to play with. You can really go nuts with the minute details you are able to show. Do you actually take off the armor plating and show the frames on your HG? Maybe I just like knowing my models manipulators can be used without tweezers.

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    Well actually there are some 1/144 nonames that are at or beyond MG quality so yea I've that kind of detail on the lesser scale models. Resin kits for the most part. So basically if I get what you are saying you serious modellers like playing with the smaller tighter HG line since there is lack of detail, crap articulation, and improper scale. You get to show more skill by bringing it upto about a MG quality? Why not challenge yourselves like most other modellers and surpass even what you find in MG like those models in Peck World. Doing the same stuff with MG or even PG allows so much more freedom and real estate to play with. You can really go nuts with the minute details you are able to show. Do you actually take off the armor plating and show the frames on your HG? Maybe I just like knowing my models manipulators can be used without tweezers.
    that's the problem...MGs and PGs are way too detailed...it's very hard for anyone to do anymore changes...because they are already near perfect...nothing is needed to be changed...that's why we go back to HGs and no grades...which will give more fun and able to show our skills

I think changing a HG models DOES requires handfull of skills to make it into a MG level, but I ALSO think that making a MG/ PG even better (although it's near perfect) into something beyond what it's already is would be a greater challenge to Modelers.

As for me I stopped buying HG models and stick with MG, because I find them more challenging to built and the extended amount of time it takes to finish the product. =D

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
    I think changing a HG models DOES requires handfull of skills to make it into a MG level, but I ALSO think that making a MG/ PG even better (although it's near perfect) into something beyond what it's already is would be a greater challenge to Modelers.

As for me I stopped buying HG models and stick with MG, because I find them more challenging to built and the extended amount of time it takes to finish the product. =D
    i only agree with MGs has more detail and stuff....but since it's too close to perfect...it's really hard to find anything that's needed to be added....and MGs are way too stright forward....only thing needed is time...which is not much of a challenge...

in the other hand....it's way more challenging to make HG able to move like MGs...

also remember one thing...the basic is always the highest level

Originally posted by: PTX-003C

i only agree with MGs has more detail and stuff....but since it's too close to perfect...it's really hard to find anything that's needed to be added....and MGs are way too stright forward....only thing needed is time...which is not much of a challenge...
    Than you have to use your thoughts and imaginations in making the MG even better now.. don't you? ^_^

But, whatever your opinions on whichever you think is more "CHALLENGING" is up to you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE

Than you have to use your thoughts and imaginations in making the MG even better now.. don't you? ^_^

But, whatever your opinions on whichever you think is more "CHALLENGING" is up to you. [img][/img]
    even you make someone near perfect perfect...not many ppl will notice it...
    so i think not much of a point to do more stuff on the MGs apart from the basic stuff...

"And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version."

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs....

sorry if you think i am dissing you....but i do think you need more knife work on the models...
    and about the blitz....i suggess you to cut the clows apart and re-joint them with metal joints, it will look way better.

Btw.....i see a MG strike there...but that Freedom is no grade, right?(can't really see...too far).
    I meant that Strike Rouge was the only one not out in the 1/100 HG, and if it was released I would not have gotten the MG version. I actually got my Strike Rouge in Japan because it was cheap there.

I'm not a pro modeller, and my fellow modelling friends always say I like to rush, but I'm still pretty happy with my collection. Thanks for your ideas on Blitz, but I'm too lazy to modify stuff like that.

As for your later comments on the HG/144 kits I do agree that they are harder to complete and require more skill from the user, but one of the reasons the MG kits are so popular are because of the additional parts as well as the inner frame for some of the Gundams. This allows more customization as well as posing compared to the HG parts.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Originally posted by: Psyke
    "And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version."

about that part...i don't really get it....all freedom, strike and strike rouge are out in HGs....

sorry if you think i am dissing you....but i do think you need more knife work on the models...
    and about the blitz....i suggess you to cut the clows apart and re-joint them with metal joints, it will look way better.

Btw.....i see a MG strike there...but that Freedom is no grade, right?(can't really see...too far).
    I meant that Strike Rouge was the only one not out in the 1/100 HG, and if it was released I would not have gotten the MG version. I actually got my Strike Rouge in Japan because it was cheap there.

I'm not a pro modeller, and my fellow modelling friends always say I like to rush, but I'm still pretty happy with my collection. Thanks for your ideas on Blitz, but I'm too lazy to modify stuff like that.

As for your later comments on the HG/144 kits I do agree that they are harder to complete and require more skill from the user, but one of the reasons the MG kits are so popular are because of the additional parts as well as the inner frame for some of the Gundams. This allows more customization as well as posing compared to the HG parts.
    well...bandai DIDN'T release 1/100 HG for SEED...that's for sure....either HG 1/100 , no grade 100 and MG 1/100
    i donno where did you popup with the idea of HG 1/100...^^b
    but if talk about HG strike....why spend the money .....just buy a strike and paint it red...there you go, strike rouge

i agree on the part that MG's inner frame is attractive, but HG 1/100 can do that too if you cuztomize them.^^

All the Seed models I have (less Rouge) are all HG kits. Yes I know it does not have any grades on the box but it's widely accepted as HG grades in the shops where I bought them. So, the no grade 100 models you mention are the HG 1/100 grades I said.

I thought of doing what you said for Rouge, but like what I said it was really cheap when I saw it and I was attracted by the base, that's why I bought it. Would have loved to get the MG Freedom but I've already got the HG versions way before the MG was announced. I've got friends who still refuse to buy Justice Gundam because they are hoping for the MG version to be released.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

MG Justice Gundam would be really cool to have =D

Missing Nin

I'm curious if I was to pick up a freedom which would be better?

Gundam Seed 1/60 Big Scale Model:
    ZGMF-X10A - Freedom Gundam (Bandai)

or the

Master Grade 1/100 Gundam Seed Model:
    ZGMF-X10A - Freedom Gundam (Bandai)

I'm just overall curious if the 1/60th scale models are better then the 1/100 master grade kits. Note both kits cost the same amount which leads me to believe the Master grade kit is a much higher quality piece.

Yes, the MG is much more detailed and is actually re-designed. Check the previous posts for pictures with comparisons. The MG version also comes with a stand for you to pose your Freedom Gundam. For me I would buy the MG version, but if you can paint the 1/60 model it would look great too if you added your own stencils and shadows.

MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.

Missing Nin

I"m lazy so if I bother I'll go with the Mastergrade freedom Kit. I just picked up the eternal for no other reason then its a really neat model with justice, freedom and providence along with both meteor units and all of the random guns and launching bays in a 1/1700 scale model. I'm also tempted on the archangel kit that can be built and painted as either the Archangel or the Dominion (which would of course require obtaining 2 such kits).

also didn't someone say that there wasn't a high grade of the Strike Rogue because.... (or if it was a mastergrade they also have one of those)
    High Grade 1/144 Gundam Seed Model MSV-01:
    Strike Rouge Custom Kit (Bandai)