Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
Results 1,441 to 1,449 of 1449

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Oh, you got one of those? I just happene to want one right now actually. How do you find it?
    The Sinanju happened to be stocked at a local Fit (Japanese stationary and sundries store) for $75 USD.

For larger kits, I'm inclined to ask my contact in Hong Kong to buy locally, then mail to me.

KIMOCHI~II

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel View Post
    The Sinanju happened to be stocked at a local Fit (Japanese stationary and sundries store) for $75 USD.

For larger kits, I'm inclined to ask my contact in Hong Kong to buy locally, then mail to me.
    I meant to ask for your impression regarding the kit, not how you located the item for purchase.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I meant to ask for your impression regarding the kit, not how you located the item for purchase.
    Bleh, please excuse my infallible reading comprehension.

It's a unique set in terms of detail. I don't think there's another set I've seen that has a greater proportion of rises and depressions to flat plastic per piece.

WHICH MAKES PANEL-LINING THIS THING A STRAIGHT-UP BITCH. And that's on top of the ridiculous choice of making all decals dry-rub; why in the world would you do that when there's not enough flat surface area to secure them down with tape?

Also, not sure how to feel about hard-plastic caps for joints. Articulation's stiffer because of them, and I'm more afraid of over-posing this compared to other kits.

Still, despite all my gripes, this is going to turn out to be a set that's really worth assembling because of the nice detail. May opt to buy a sheet of waterslides, unless someone can suggest a good trick for applying dry-rubs perfectly in small areas.

KIMOCHI~II

I heard Sinanju was a pain in the neck due to all the extra painting involved. I also heard that the frame is similar to Unicorns, which is the biggest reason why I passed.

Anywho, here is one of my more recent projects:

This one is probably my favorite pic...

And now a teaser for my current project......

Hmm, guessing no one has been building lately?

PG Strike Freedom. Total Build Time: Unknown. I built it not to long after my last post and have since forgotten. I'm pretty sure it was about the same amount as PG 00 (27+ hours). Overall, pretty satisfying build.

I thought I had more pictures, but these are the only ones I could find:

And as for something more recent, allow me to present RG Freedom Gundam. Total Build Time: 8-9 hours. Kind of surprising since that's usually the amount of time I take to build a MG. This will be replacing my SD Strike Freedom that I have at work:

I didn't take too many pictures since I left the stand at work. And, without that, it's very hard to keep standing up.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I keep forgetting that I want to buy a PG Strike gundam..

Might have spent too much at the moment though, lol.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Geh, Hajime Katoki is a magnificent bastard, indeed. The Sinanju's taught me to never buy another model with his name on it without opting for a set of waterslide decals to go with it.

Anywho, somewhat recently-finished project.

IMG_1835.jpg

KIMOCHI~II

Katoki kits usually come with tons of waterslides, right? My experience with ver.ka kits is that you drown in decals.
    Sinanju is an awesome kit, no doubt. Painting would make it better, but that goes for all kits. Articulation is great, and it gives you bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    Katoki kits usually come with tons of waterslides, right? My experience with ver.ka kits is that you drown in decals.
    Oddly enough, the only waterslides that came with the Sinanju are for the gold bits (which wind up looking like yellow tissue paper). The rest are dry-rubs for what would typically be standard, transparent stickers, and that's a big "fuck you" for a design where there's no flat surface, at all.

Oh yeah, you are right, though, the Sinanju is an excellent set. I've definitely warmed up to it as I've been assembling it since my last rant about it.

KIMOCHI~II