Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

But MG's cost more, don't they. That's the prize you pay for being lazy I guess.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Missing Nin

Originally posted by: Deblas
    But MG's cost more, don't they. That's the prize you pay for being lazy I guess.

as I said both the 1/60th and the MG are exactly the same price in this case.

then get the MG, really
    -----------------

I think getting the MG would be a better choice also.

Anyone planning on getting the 1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam?

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.
    you know...making a MG to a PG is way easier than making a HG to a MG....so not much skills are needed...
    for MG to PG, all that is needed is just to add a little extra joints on the feet and fingers....that's simple like hell...
    cuz the real main difference for PG and MGs are just the armor lines and some joints that MG can't perform easily due to it's size....

Originally posted by: DDBen
    also didn't someone say that there wasn't a high grade of the Strike Rogue because.... (or if it was a mastergrade they also have one of those)
    High Grade 1/144 Gundam Seed Model MSV-01:
    Strike Rouge Custom Kit (Bandai)
    there's a HG 1/144 for strike rouge, it's a strike rouge+I.W.S.P.
    and there is also strike rouge custom kit for PG 1/60 strike (I.W.S.P. unit) by B-club

Originally posted by: DDBen
    as I said both the 1/60th and the MG are exactly the same price in this case.
    but in impulse's case..it's different...the 1/60 is cheaper than a HG 1/144 impulse...lol!!!

i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price
    -----------------

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price
    We've already been over this (with PTX being rude I might add). He said the price is only available in some stores in Japan if you go there in person.

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
    Anyone planning on getting the 1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam?
    After seeing episode 28 I want to...same with blast impulse

Hahahah i see i'm not the only one that is interested in this model! ^^

Sword Impulse is being released this month. You can definately expect Blast Impulse soon, but I feel that either Abyss or Gaia will be released before that.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Originally posted by: Psyke
    Sword Impulse is being released this month. You can definately expect Blast Impulse soon, but I feel that either Abyss or Gaia will be released before that.
    i donno.......cuz oil's price is going up and bandai is really rushing other models like strike impulse and infinite justice..kinda doubt they will release it....even they release...it's going to near the end or even after destiny ended

Originally posted by: Curium
    We've already been over this (with PTX being rude I might add). He said the price is only available in some stores in Japan if you go there in person.
    not some stores...is bandai's offical price

HG kits released this month:

1/100 Zaku Warrior + Blaze & Gunner

1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

HG kits released this month:

-skip-
    i must say again....those are NOT HGs....they don't even reach the level of HGs....
    their scales are not proper: chests are too big: legs are too short: feet are too huge and fat: heads are too big....i can find no reason why will people think it's a HG....it's just a horrible piece of crap that bandai uses to rob money from idiots .....

of course...you will wanna buy it if you wanna use it as modeling parts or customize to a MG level.....
    but i wouldn't do that....it's just a waste of time....working on a HG is better

Ok I will say again as well..... Yes they are not labelled as HGs but they are at least categorised as HGs in all model shops, be it online model shops or at your local shops.

I don't think they are as bad as you say, and the HG kits you are talking about are only 1/144, which like what was discussed before lacks detail and requires more effort.

I'll still get them and it's not a waste of time and money (for me at least).

Ok I will say again as well..... Yes they are not labelled as HGs but they are at least categorised as HGs in all model shops, be it online model shops or at your local shops.

I don't think they are as bad as you say, and the HG kits you are talking about are only 1/144, which like what was discussed before lacks detail and requires more effort.

I'll still get them and it's not a waste of time and money (for me at least).
    then clearly, the stores are WRONG!!
    offically there are no 1/100HG for seed
    and if you pay attention to the details i said , HG 1/144 is way better than the no grades 1/100

Originally posted by: PTX-003C
    then clearly, the stores are WRONG!!
    offically there are no 1/100HG for seed
    and if you pay attention to the details i said , HG 1/144 is way better than the no grades 1/100
    You need a lot more effort for 1/144 kits. Having to use masks all the time is very tiring as well, as most of the 1/144 kits come with lesser parts, which means you have to use masks and spray several layers to achieve different colours on a single piece.

And yes 1/144 has more variety and also some of the Gundams which the No grade kits have (such as Calamity, Raider and Forbidden), but I would still prefer the 1/100 kits as they are bigger, easier to pose and more importantly easier to color and to paint. This is of course my own preference and I am in no way saying the 1/144 are inferior. I wish I can take pictures of the 1/144 kits in a model shop I go to but photography is disallowed. The store owner is the resident champ of the Annual Gundam Modelling Competition here where I live. I've thought of enrolling for lessons but it's kinda expensive......

Originally posted by: PTX-003C

i must say again....those are NOT HGs....they don't even reach the level of HGs....
    their scales are not proper: chests are too big: legs are too short: feet are too huge and fat: heads are too big....i can find no reason why will people think it's a HG....it's just a horrible piece of crap that bandai uses to rob money from idiots ....
    Well I think the 1/100 Sword Impulse looks FINE to me... (And seeing this, if they ever realease a MG version of an Impulse I'm betting it will look thinner+ even better) And also in my opinion as well is that I think the 1/100 Seed/ Destiny models look like a larger version of the 1/144th models. But this is just my opinion..

All this time I thought Athrun's first zaku was the exact same model as Diakka's... I'm glad to see he at least have one of his own.

psyke plz find me te sandrock custom ( non endless waltz), its too damn cool to pass up

edit: i found 2 stores here in amsterdam!!!, they at least have the 1/100 chaos, im gonna check there NOW hahaha
    -----------------

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    psyke plz find me te sandrock custom ( non endless waltz), its too damn cool to pass up
    The KA version is not made into any kits yet. So far only the Wing Zero ver. KA has been made into a MG. Sad, but I can scan some pictures of the KA versions if you want it. (You'll have to wait as my books are not kept at my house) : )