Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Originally posted by: Psyke
    Originally posted by: PTX-003C
    then clearly, the stores are WRONG!!
    offically there are no 1/100HG for seed
    and if you pay attention to the details i said , HG 1/144 is way better than the no grades 1/100
    You need a lot more effort for 1/144 kits. Having to use masks all the time is very tiring as well, as most of the 1/144 kits come with lesser parts, which means you have to use masks and spray several layers to achieve different colours on a single piece.

And yes 1/144 has more variety and also some of the Gundams which the No grade kits have (such as Calamity, Raider and Forbidden), but I would still prefer the 1/100 kits as they are bigger, easier to pose and more importantly easier to color and to paint. This is of course my own preference and I am in no way saying the 1/144 are inferior. I wish I can take pictures of the 1/144 kits in a model shop I go to but photography is disallowed. The store owner is the resident champ of the Annual Gundam Modelling Competition here where I live. I've thought of enrolling for lessons but it's kinda expensive......
    geez...you don't always use masks...you just cut the pieces apart, paint them then use wires to hold them back together.....
    and the 1/100 are just too bad for any performence if you ask me....it's really a waste of money

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    psyke plz find me te sandrock custom ( non endless waltz), its too damn cool to pass up
    The KA version is not made into any kits yet. So far only the Wing Zero ver. KA has been made into a MG. Sad, but I can scan some pictures of the KA versions if you want it. (You'll have to wait as my books are not kept at my house) : )
    if i am not mistaken, all 5 ver.Ka are made into models long time ago...=.=b

You'd rather cut the pieces than use a mask? I'm pretty surprised by what you said here and please you all of us some of your work then. Judging from your posts you must be an avid modeller of the 1/144 series.

As for the Ver KA I'm 100% sure only Wing was made into MG. The rest of the KA versions never even made it to HG or MSIA. Who would want to buy a Deathscythe without the wings it had in Endless Waltz?
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Missing Nin

for me the best place to go for pictures of the models and to find out the orignal Japanese prices is www.hlj.com though do note the shipping is usually insane and all items are listed in yen for cost and shipping (they do say approcimate US cost as well on the price)

Also do note ungraded 1/100 models are NOT High grade kits they are simply ungraded ones this can be seen in a 1/100 that has black lines and large pieces vs individual pieces the rating is simply based on the number of parts to the model.

You'd rather cut the pieces than use a mask? I'm pretty surprised by what you said here and please you all of us some of your work then. Judging from your posts you must be an avid modeller of the 1/144 series.

As for the Ver KA I'm 100% sure only Wing was made into MG. The rest of the KA versions never even made it to HG or MSIA. Who would want to buy a Deathscythe without the wings it had in Endless Waltz?
    cuz cutting them into pieces also allows you to change the sizes of the armors, you can also re-arrange them a bit so you can make the legs/arms longer

i am dead sure all 5 were out
    but not in whole box model...
    it's made by B-club i think...they are all custom parts for HG 1/144

cuz cutting them into pieces also allows you to change the sizes of the armors, you can also re-arrange them a bit so you can make the legs/arms longer
    Some times cutting them into smaller pieces mean a LOT of additional work. For eg. For Strike Gundam's Aile striker unit it comes with black and red on a single piece right? No problems with MG as it comes with 2 pieces but for other kits you need to mask 1 of the color, take out the mask and repeat for the other color. So there is no point in any re-arrangement, and you will find that a lot of work/masking is to be done for 1/144 kits. I used to buy Gundam Wing 1/144 models but got so tired of having to mask/cut pieces I gave the kits away instead. But like what I mentioned there are people who can make 1/144 models look better than MG models.

I don't know much about the variations/custom parts from B-Club, but I do know that Bandai did not release any ver KA models of Gundam Wing other than Wing Zero. I buy the official Bandai Gundam model catalogue every year and have never seen them before.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

WING GUNDAM ZERO MasterGrade 1/100
    worked & written by papamodeler

This MG Wing Zero Custom looks great. Gotta get this and replace the HG one I bought years back.

This MG Wing Zero Custom looks great. Gotta get this and replace the HG one I bought years back.

just to tell you....
    this whole wing is remade by PVC boards....not from the model...

Some times cutting them into smaller pieces mean a LOT of additional work. For eg. For Strike Gundam's Aile striker unit it comes with black and red on a single piece right? No problems with MG as it comes with 2 pieces but for other kits you need to mask 1 of the color, take out the mask and repeat for the other color. So there is no point in any re-arrangement, and you will find that a lot of work/masking is to be done for 1/144 kits. I used to buy Gundam Wing 1/144 models but got so tired of having to mask/cut pieces I gave the kits away instead. But like what I mentioned there are people who can make 1/144 models look better than MG models.

I don't know much about the variations/custom parts from B-Club, but I do know that Bandai did not release any ver KA models of Gundam Wing other than Wing Zero. I buy the official Bandai Gundam model catalogue every year and have never seen them before.

B-club stuff are pretty nice too...(if you have enough skills)
    also try out the G-generation stuff...(it's a shop..not the game)

It's from the MG model. The only enhancements were to the wings which were reshaped using either a heater/hair dryer.

It's from the MG model. The only enhancements were to the wings which were reshaped using either a heater/hair dryer.
    it's not...
    cuz you can tell by the thickness......the bandai wings are not that thin...they used a PVC board to remake the wings...

Has anyone else noticed that both the 1/144 HG and the 1/100 scale versions of the Aegis, as well as the 1/144 HG Duels rifles dont fit very well into the hands?

it's not...
    cuz you can tell by the thickness......the bandai wings are not that thin...they used a PVC board to remake the wings...
    Yes the only enhancements were the wings. More wings were added apart from what's given in the MG box. But the body and rest of the other parts are from the MG kit (other than the custom stand of course).

Jurojin:

Yah for the Aegis that I have.... the rifle doesn't fit well too. Don't really understand why as the hands were not part of the transforming parts which were really filmsy to begin with.

it's not...
    Yes the only enhancements were the wings. More wings were added apart from what's given in the MG box. But the body and rest of the other parts are from the MG kit (other than the custom stand of course).

Jurojin:

Yah for the Aegis that I have.... the rifle doesn't fit well too. Don't really understand why as the hands were not part of the transforming parts which were really filmsy to begin with.
    if i am right...he basically took off all the wings and remade them with PVC boards....
    the hands are from B-club....i suspect he did some changes to the knee cap too...
    and in general...this model is slimmer and taller than the original one....
    but no matter what...i hate wing zero custom....stupid wings!!!!

Okay after reading the big amount of posts some info on grades and scales since it looks like some people are confused.

HG = Bandai's 1/144 line of suits that are within a certain quality and amount of parts
    MG = Bandai's 1/100 line of suits that are of a higher quality than HG "more detail, better proportions, larger size, more articulation" and more parts
    PG = Bandai's 1/60 line of suits. Highest grade and best quality. Amazing articulation, multiple layers to strip armor, posability, details are incredible, an insane amount of parts.

Now you can have models that are of different scales 1/48, 1/60, 1/100, 1/144, and even higher for the larger type stuff. Now these model kits that are not of the grades listed above can have various levels of quality. I've seen 1/144 that out of the box compete with a MG just they are smaller. There are 1/60 models that are god ugly compared to a MG. There was a question about purchasing a model just earlier like this. Models that are not bandai's official line don't get the HG, MG, or PG tag and don't belong in that category. If you got a 1/100 in the HG section its probably there just because of its lower quality. Its not really a HG.

For me personally I stay away from the lower quality models. If it can't compete with a decent quality HG I don't buy it. I like posability, and accuracy in my models. If I wanted to show skill in modelling while having a low budget I'd get the HGs like PTX here. If I really want to do something crazy and amazing. I'll open up one of my MG and goto town. I haven't even dared trying to improve on a PG since I really gotta get better before attempting that. Those are some expensive models to have a hobby with. Modelling in my opinion has alot to do with what kind of money you have as well for what models you put together. If everyone could afford to get MG and PG whenever they'd be building them more than the HG. Alas things don't work out that way.

Note: If its Bandai's official store that has that low price. You have to be able to get it online for that price. Since they accept orders over the phone last I knew. And people have even bought models online directly from bandai I think. But I haven't heard about that for along time so things could of changed. Its real easy to check on that price thou.

w0000t i just came back and FINISHED my HG 1/100 sandrock custom !! ( endless waltz )
    man i like it, they are getting freedom en wing custom next month!!, man im so happy there's a store nearby me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ( and psyke yeah i would love to c scans of the KA vers.
    -----------------

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    Okay after reading the big amount of posts some info on grades and scales since it looks like some people are confused.

HG = Bandai's 1/144 line of suits that are within a certain quality and amount of parts
    MG = Bandai's 1/100 line of suits that are of a higher quality than HG "more detail, better proportions, larger size, more articulation" and more parts
    PG = Bandai's 1/60 line of suits. Highest grade and best quality. Amazing articulation, multiple layers to strip armor, posability, details are incredible, an insane amount of parts.

Now you can have models that are of different scales 1/48, 1/60, 1/100, 1/144, and even higher for the larger type stuff. Now these model kits that are not of the grades listed above can have various levels of quality. I've seen 1/144 that out of the box compete with a MG just they are smaller. There are 1/60 models that are god ugly compared to a MG. There was a question about purchasing a model just earlier like this. Models that are not bandai's official line don't get the HG, MG, or PG tag and don't belong in that category. If you got a 1/100 in the HG section its probably there just because of its lower quality. Its not really a HG.

For me personally I stay away from the lower quality models. If it can't compete with a decent quality HG I don't buy it. I like posability, and accuracy in my models. If I wanted to show skill in modelling while having a low budget I'd get the HGs like PTX here. If I really want to do something crazy and amazing. I'll open up one of my MG and goto town. I haven't even dared trying to improve on a PG since I really gotta get better before attempting that. Those are some expensive models to have a hobby with. Modelling in my opinion has alot to do with what kind of money you have as well for what models you put together. If everyone could afford to get MG and PG whenever they'd be building them more than the HG. Alas things don't work out that way.

Note: If its Bandai's official store that has that low price. You have to be able to get it online for that price. Since they accept orders over the phone last I knew. And people have even bought models online directly from bandai I think. But I haven't heard about that for along time so things could of changed. Its real easy to check on that price thou.

you know what?
    like i say all the time.....don't start a hobby unless you are sure you can affort all the tools and nesseseries...

Nobody listen to PTX-003C, he's just trying to keep you down. Go have fun with your models.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

PTX PLEASE... STOP....... TYPING ........ LIKE......... THIS........

Originally posted by: Astronopolis
    PTX PLEASE... STOP....... TYPING ........ LIKE......... THIS........
    but it's true.....
    a normal hobbylist will tell you that right away...
    "if you don't have enough money, don't start the hobby"
    cuz you will end up being a half decent only...which is worst than not knowing at all....

if you guys can't accept the truth...i really can't help it..

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Holy Shit!!..Look at that!!...And I'm still trying to raise money to get the MG Freedom!!

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________