Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    Thats still a Rick Dom not a Dom Trooper. See I don't recall any sort of Troopers in UC especially not Dom Troopers. There is the Trophen or however you spell it. But still this could mean that the Destiny variant is called a Dom Trooper. Interesting atleast. lol

Didn't follow that last line. Which pic you showed? You put up several and each had a pose. I was more curious about your models on a ramp that is for the MG version of Strike. Did they get a HG version somehow. There are HG of Strike and Freedom so you wouldn't have bought the MG versions.
    those are MGs their joints are pretty cool...i love them..^^
    if they are HGs...i will use wires...

well...those doms are just a renew version of rickdoms....i am looking forward to three doms showing up at once...lol!!!

You bought the MG Freedom and MG Strike just for the joints? LOL..

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
    ..........is there a problem?
    it's the first time they try this kind of joints...

this is the tech i was talking about from kenshin

Originally posted by: PTX-003C

Word.

Originally posted by: Souryusen

Word.
    bingo~

See thats what I don't get about you. You give this speech about its better to go with the HG and customize them showing your perfect skill then you go and buy MG cause they are easier with their articulation.

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    See thats what I don't get about you. You give this speech about its better to go with the HG and customize them showing your perfect skill then you go and buy MG cause they are easier with their articulation.
    dude....i am talking about customizing is better on HG...but i am not going to customize everything i get...am i?
    not to mention i am not a pro yet...and i don't have that much time either....
    and new MGs joints are always perfect....it's good to buy a few to learn from it...^^

im thinkin about making a couple model kits. whats better to get 1/60 scale 1/100 scale or 1/144 scale? i want it to be very detailed and i want it to be challenging, i dont want it to be super easy...

self editing, go for ptx suggestions, otherwise, get 1/100 MG's, very detailed, and alot of parts, will keep you busy awhile
    -----------------

Just starting out I'm gonna suggest going with the cost effective solution and get some HG then as you get better you can play with MG 1/100 kits or get a HG and try customizing it to roughly MG quality. And finally you've got getting a PG which is the 1/60 which is extremely detailed. And trying to get the MG and PG looking better is a long and really challenging job. I've seen some insane work done by a modeller. I posted that link to peckworld. You can get crazy customizing the MG and PG. But starting off for a beginner I'd suggest HG. Best of luck.

ZGMF X10A

ok after i came on this site i have some grudges

PTX i dont know if you know, but i think u are seriously a dickhead

why the hell are you discouraging model kit enthusiaists?
    who cares if they are wrong? they only do it cuz they think its cool and the admire the show they watch

some people dont want to customize or airbrush or detail or put decals or remake the whole frickin kit
    stop being so dense some people do this for fun not to be all uber an think they are all high and mighty cuz they have skills

if ur such a good model builder, why dont u make POSITIVE comments to your fellow forum members and not
    be a frickin model nerd that knows everything and everything has to be said the OFFICIAL way
    we're not frickin burecrats

I tried one of those 144 scale no grades bought it for 2 bucks at a failing k-mart
    its a bitch ok i know
    it is harder to make it look good and stuff

but u dont HAVE to make it cool

i seen some model builders do it for display, to ADMIRE what the model represents in the show.
    some do it to play with i know that sounds retarted but there are some that do
    some do it to display it in their room even if they didnt do the best job
    and theres u the frickin perfectionist

not everyone goes for perfection, some go for enjoyment and just the sheer pride
    that they have something from a show they enjoy to watch.

I think all this technicality bs ppl such as him should make SUGGESTION topics where they can train
    noobies and beginners to make it a much more enjoying time, rather than a time where they get compared to everything

this isn't a frickin model builder's convention where people compete to have the best looking or best customized.

thats all i have to say and i hope people start talking less hostile to each other

after all, we ARE Gundam Fans

ZGMF X10A

sorry for double posting but PTX i think u are a good modeller since u know all this technical stuff and knowledge

just dont criticize a lot of people!!!!

and others wont criticize you

Originally posted by: ZGMF X10A
    sorry for double posting but PTX i think u are a good modeller since u know all this technical stuff and knowledge

just dont criticize a lot of people!!!!

and others wont criticize you
    i never find why people will build them for fun or something...modeling is an art....to make it perfect is the goal(even it's impossible)

and...about your training part...i don't really see the point, cuz
    A, some ppl are just not planning to do the model normally ....they think it's just "fun" which i really can't accept myself...
    B, it is rather hard to teach without a person being around or having a DC
    C, i learned all the skills just from hobby japan...=.=b i don't see much point telling you what to do...just buy whole bunch of kits and do tests on them and you wiill find the way

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

No, Its for fun.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

i dont really know whats going on here but i model for:

1. fun
    2. its cool to see your creation (you feel quite proud onces its done
    3. showing off

thats pretty much it. And even though some of you might not think perfecting it is fun and think that PTX is getting too uptight about it, trust me, the more work you put into something (in this case modeling) the better you feel about it when its done. I have a MG freedom from gundam seed which i bought a year ago and i'm still tweaking it every now and then to make it look better, i hope you dont consider me obsessed with modeling just because i want it to look as good as possible, which is PTX's point here. ZGMF X10A, if you like gundam seed so much to make your name the factory code of freedom, then i think you'll understand that making a gundam look good, is essential for some, and others (beginners) might not want to put as much time into it.

Jonathan-san, i recommend you go for HG 1/100 scale. (the 1/144 scales used to piss me off because they were so small and no offense but i dont think your ready for a 1/60.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    i dont really know whats going on here but i model for:

1. fun
    2. its cool to see your creation (you feel quite proud onces its done
    3. showing off

thats pretty much it. And even though some of you might not think perfecting it is fun and think that PTX is getting too uptight about it, trust me, the more work you put into something (in this case modeling) the better you feel about it when its done. I have a MG freedom from gundam seed which i bought a year ago and i'm still tweaking it every now and then to make it look better, i hope you dont consider me obsessed with modeling just because i want it to look as good as possible, which is PTX's point here. ZGMF X10A, if you like gundam seed so much to make your name the factory code of freedom, then i think you'll understand that making a gundam look good, is essential for some, and others (beginners) might not want to put as much time into it.

Jonathan-san, i recommend you go for HG 1/100 scale. (the 1/144 scales used to piss me off because they were so small and no offense but i dont think your ready for a 1/60.
    i am still working on my MG RX-78-2 Ver 1.5......it's already half a year...and i only finished with the arms and legs....i am still screwing around with the body parts.....kinda busy drilling holes recently...^^b
    already drilled over 12 holes inside the chest armor....=.=|||

i think HG 1/144 is better for him, since HG is good for beginers and experts...it's the best scale and detail for customize or beginers....^^

btw...talk about factory codes....anyone notice where's my name from^^

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

I don't want to show off but, It took me three days too finish my HG Heavy arms custom.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

i am still working on my MG RX-78-2 Ver 1.5......it's already half a year...and i only finished with the arms and legs....i am still screwing around with the body parts.....kinda busy drilling holes recently...^^b
    already drilled over 12 holes inside the chest armor....=.=|||

i think HG 1/144 is better for him, since HG is good for beginers and experts...it's the best scale and detail for customize or beginers....^^

btw...talk about factory codes....anyone notice where's my name from^^
    1. no i dont know where your names from
    2. i thought 1/100 would be better only because when i was a beginner, i was more proud of my bigger projects than the little ones. Also, he looks like a guy that would like some ego inflation.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Originally posted by: Deblas
    I don't want to show off but, It took me three days too finish my HG Heavy arms custom.
    time was never the real problem...
    if without customizing, sanding and painting...if just count knife work and building...1.5 hour is more than enough.....if with customizing and all the crap...3 days is definitely not enough..it takes a week at least...

for those who watched kenshin should notice this tech

don't tell me i am not finished or they are not perfect...i know that....
    these are made in canada(=not completely finished)...the better once are all in HK

Just wondering, but which version of Freedom did you buy? I'm planning on buying the MG Freedom and the Perfect Grade Wing Zero (yea I'm a rapper.... LIES!) but I want to make sure that the MG Freedom is the same one you have because yours looks awesome.