Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Fighter G Gundam

G Gundam.

hmm.. can ne one post a link here of where i can dl this series?

G Gundam.

I can't believe nobody has brought up the Butler Gundam yet. You know the MS that Neo France's pilot's butler was driving. He was acctually controling it with a huge steering wheel.

G Gundam.

Ah that one. I was like "WTF" the first time i saw that it was hilarious. What if that gundam went up against someone like Zeus gundam, that would be a funny fight.

G Gundam.

Originally posted by: Curium
    I can't believe nobody has brought up the Butler Gundam yet. You know the MS that Neo France's pilot's butler was driving. He was acctually controling it with a huge steering wheel.
    That was hilarious. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

So... ehh... what gundams do you people like in this series?
    I mean sure the majority of them sucks but some designs were actually cool... I liked Italy's gundam for some reason, it could kick and stuff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

G Gundam.

Finally watched all of this. So now comes a post concerning my thoughts on the whole series.

SPOILERS AHEAD!! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE WHOLE SHOW STOP READING HERE.

First of i would like to say whoever says this is the DBZ of Gundam(i have read this on several places) has obviously not seen the show. This show got enough character development for 3 shows. Which throws me right into my favourite part of this show, the characters and their development.

All of the main characters gets a huge deal of development as well as surrounding characters. I have not seen character development through out a show like i have in G Gundam. Domon Kasshu for example goes from an excellent fighter who can only fuel himself with anger to a complete fighter who can disregard his feelings when necessary and this development goes on to the very last episode.

The development of Sai Saici from a whiny kid with no ambition to a kid with a clear goal is beautiful. So is Argo's Development from a ruthless prisoner to a great leader(for his fellow pirates) and friend(to the Shuffle Alliance). Both George and Chibodee kind of loses their way but finds it again, they don't develop in the same way but they do indeed develop.

While the fights are questionable, this is here this show got the DBZ reference. The Hyper mode the Shuffle alliance possess can be seen as this shows SSJ. But if you look beyond that you can see the hyper mode as their determination instead of thinking DBZ all the time. I enjoy this type of fighting as i enjoy martial arts shows and hand to hand combat this is a nice turn on Gundams not using a beam rifle and hiding behind shields.

Now to the gundam designs, as Terra said above some of them sucks but there are awesome Gundams to. I like all of the 5 main char gundams. I also like Gundam Spiegel of Neo Germany and Neo Norway's Viking Gundam, fuck it is a viking there is nothing more to say about that one. Master Gundam is also quite cool with Fuun Saiki. I like how the horse also goes into the Gundam horse and gets one of those suits.

This show also had one of the coolest plot twists ever. They made 2 thought to be good characters, Ulube and Dr. Mikamura evil and made the very embodiment of evil the Devil Gundam something that was supposed to be used for good. They also made Toho Fuhai Master Asia a good guy again or semi-good guy at least. At this Kyoji and Dr. Kasshu was not evil at all and both were good trying to escape Dr. Mikamura and Ulube. I was suprised when they turned it around like this but i loved it anyway. Great plot twist.

The ending is like from a fairy tale. It starts of as ultra sad and all but right after Domon explains his love for Rain and they do the Ultimate attack of the School of the Undefeated of the East "Love, love version" together it all turned around and became a real fairy tale with the animation of King of Hearts smashing Devil Gundam. Domon got his princess and rides of on Fuun Saiki. Argo, George, Chibodee and Sai had an happy ending to. Argo seems to have hooked up with Nastasha, Chibodee got his own harem, Maria Louisse seems to have shown her feelings to George and Sai got that picture of Neo Denmarks Gundam fighters sister, that was really cute.

And i agree with everyone that Master Asia's death is one of the greatest ever. There isn't anything more that is needed to say. Kyoji's death was also beautiful i have a hard time deciding which death i like better.

That is all for this time.

G Gundam.

You know, personally i thought the last fight between Domon and Bolt Gundam was BS. Haveing a Gundam's knee break from it's own attack is just pathetic.

G Gundam.

Fuck no that is badass. It basicly says "this guy is strong enough to damage himself when he attacks" if that's not badass nothing is.

You can injure yourself in reality when doing something wrong and they clearly say that they didn't develop the technique to completion. I think it's fine to have it that way, a miscalculation while creating the tech, nothing more. But on the other hand this show probably isn't made to comapre to real life so that's useless.

I still think it's badass.

G Gundam.

I agree fully with everything you wrote about PSJ, the development and whatnot of this show was outstanding.
    I enjoyed every minute of this series and I pity those who disregard it because it's different from other Gundam shows.

G Gundam.

dang it i cant find this anime in my collection (i burn them onto DVDs after the series ends) so i still cant remember what the name of the gundam with the roses was (i think it was france's gundam) 1 of the 5 main ones. could 1 of you tell me what its called?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

That place over there........ahh never mind

G Gundam.

lol, by coincidence the gundam with the roses is called "Gundam Rose" and it was piloted by George de Sand

R.I.P Captain America.

G Gundam.

That was one cool model or whatever it is.

Btw, am i the only one who thought it was strange that the colonies had fleet's of mobile suits at the end?

G Gundam.

Originally posted by: PSJ
    That was one cool model or whatever it is.

Btw, am i the only one who thought it was strange that the colonies had fleet's of mobile suits at the end?
    It was a cosplay costume.

Also I believe Denmark was the only one with a fleet of MSs. Wasn't it just the Gundam's from every nation?

G Gundam.

Holland had a fleet to. I'm not entirely sure on the others.

Cool cosplaycostume.

G Gundam.

yeah all the fleets were like mass produced units of the gundam fighters.

i dont understand why people think that some of the suit designs werent cool, i mean none of the suits were meant to look badass, well except for the lead suits so there could be a little moolah flowing from model sales, but yeah, wtf, the gundam is shaped like a windmill, who cares? or a fish, or a cactus, or whatever. i just enjoyed the fact that there were all these things for the viewer to look at and react to, rather than the homogeny of other side stories with the pretty-boy pilots and cool suits for every. single. person. (!)

please future gundam directors, take a page from this series, give us some variety and dont treat us like idiots anymore!!

G Gundam.

and why is it that the colonies in space were shaped like their countries on earth?

neways, this was the first gundam series i watched, and it rocked!!
    the best parts were episode 40 onwards.
    furthermore, the love between rain and domon just makes so much sense.
    you know, its not love first sight and all.
    they went through a lot together, so love just came through naturally.
    though i think the final love sekiha tenkyoken was cheezy, but exhilirating nonetheless
    oh yeah, where can i get the 2nd op mp3?

G Gundam.

Originally posted by: john_doe_107
    and why is it that the colonies in space were shaped like their countries on earth?
    For the fun of it.

G Gundam.

Still.... downloading....... 11gig..... file.......

Hopefully Ill have it done in time to watch it next week for my vacation [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

G Gundam.

I laughed and cried at this series. I liked the early on war aspect, but when it got down to the duels, student-master plotline and the "Shinning finger!" thing it felt really silly to watch.