Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00!

Gundam 00!

"We begin the armed intervention to all warfare with GUNDAM"
    "Rebirth begins through destruction"
    Could be a new game, a new movie, but it looks awesome so i'm hoping a new series!:

Trailer:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=69956

-----------------

According to the guys in animesuki it's a new series. I hope it wont suck

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Gundam00 - Official Site - only has the promo curretly

Quote Originally Posted by Gunota headlines
    Known details are:
    Setting - 2307 AD ("seireki", Japanese for "anno domini")
    Characters - 4 Gundam Meisters, who pilot the mobile weapons.
    Factions - Solestal Beings (not real sure on the English name right now), a private militia group whose purpose is to eradicate wars.
    Tagline at the end of the commercial - "Rebirth begins through destruction"

Rumors about the series have been going around Japanese message boards for some time, especially after Sunrise registered several Gundam00 domains. The proclamation that the setting would neither be in the Universal Century of the original nor the Cosmic Era of Gundam SEED, as stated by Sunrise's Yasuo Miyakawa, seems to have been followed through with. Staff members are yet to be confirmed although the most persistent rumor is that the series will be directed by Fullmetal Alchemist's Seiji Mizushima.
    No SEED. No Fukuda. I am incredibly happy right now.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sat, 06-02-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Interesting. Nice to see a possible female gundam pilot. Cant wait until it comes out.

Ooh, is it gonna be directed by the director of FMA. That'll be interesting. Probably can expect a lot of angsty teenagers like usual. By "solestal beings" it seems like it's going to be the same premise as a lot of the previous series. Gundam X's New Types, Seed's Coordinators, and a couple others as well probably.

could the "solestal beings" actually be "celestial beings"? the info that masa quoted says they werent sure on the english name.

Finally a new Gundam series. I've got high hopes for this and hope it delivers.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Anime News Network
    The series will air at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays (after Toward the Terra ends in that timeslot) starting in October 2007 on MBS and TBS network affiliates.
    also dug up these rumors
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rumor Mill
    Also mentioned on 2ch (not officially unconfirmed yet):

Series Composition: Yousuke Kuroda
    Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida
    Narration: Tohru Furuya
    Neither the director or other supporting staff aside from the creators should be listed. You should really think twice about caving into rumors since this is doing nothing but fueling speculation at this time... Bravo for that one, ANN.
    I sincerely hope that the rumor about the Series Composition being done by Kuroda is true. He was heavily involved in writing and doing series composition for Gungrave and also wrote the Scyred manga. I'm hoping he can bring some of the grit back into the Gundam franchise.

Yoshida did the character design and some animation (including the 1st, 2nd and 4th EDs) for Eureka Seven.

Again, alot of rumors flying around, and probably will be for awhile. But hell, I'm psyched. It's been awhile since i've had something to look forward to from the Gundam franchise.

Last edited by masamuneehs; Sun, 06-03-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Sweet it has a girl as a Gundam pilot so I'm already happy. Hoping she proves to be as awesome as Stella. Though if it showed the characters in the order that it showed the suits then she might have the one with all the rockets which I'm guessing will be the slowest.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Err hopefully they can do better than Stella I counted her among the worst because she seemed to have no mental stability, unlike her comrades who managed to be pretty normal outside of combat. That chick from 08th MS Team is my favorite female Gundam pilot.

This looks interesting, it should be nice to see something new from the Gundam franchise, thought that line about the Celestial Beings trying to stop battles reeks of the War against War fought in SEED and Destiny. It was cool in SEED but they took it way to far with God-Kira in Destiny and the taint still hasn't left my mind.

My god its been 2 years. Im very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    This looks interesting, it should be nice to see something new from the Gundam franchise, thought that line about the Celestial Beings trying to stop battles reeks of the War against War fought in SEED and Destiny. It was cool in SEED but they took it way to far with God-Kira in Destiny and the taint still hasn't left my mind.
    I think "War is bad, let's not fight anymore!" has been the theme of virtually every Gundam show ever made.

Hmmm not really. The only one that I can think of (besides seed) that had that sort of theme was turn A.

Turn A, yeah... Gundam Wing had it too, in the Endless Waltz movie they try to not kill enemies and nearly end up dead themselves because of it. Takes a cheesy deus ex machina to save them from it too.

SEED and Destiny had it the worst though, since Lacus made it her mission to stop everyone from fighting and their was so much focus on just disarming mechs and not killing the pilots...

I always wanted for their to be a Gundam where the main character goes on the "Let's not kill" kick, disables alot of enemy mechs but they're still alive and can move around a bit (let's say in space). Then the King's ship or the one with the guy's lover or some super important ship is passing through the ravaged enemies and one of the "disabled" enemies just goes BANZAI and suicide runs into it. That'd show 'em.

Take note of the green gundam's head:
    Screencaps (not 56k friendly)

Monoeyed Gundam

Quote Originally Posted by Illrenmazou
    Take note of the green gundam's head:
    Screencaps (not 56k friendly)

Monoeyed Gundam
    actually, it looks like a third camera lens... or maybe just a shiny forehead dot... You can see the traditional "eyes" in the two previous shots (numbers 6 and 7).

Those screencaps made me notice the "trail" that the eyes leave behind, at least for the blue Gundam... I'm not very keen on that little gimmick...

More interesting to me is the singular, circular engine/thruster on the back of the blue Gundam. Wonder how that's going to work? I'm sorta used to the double thrusters now... Wonder why they'd change it... I hope it's not just a gimmick (which the eye trail/blur certainly is), because that forecasts yet another series that is more concerned with shiny mechs, flashy animation and selling model kits than it is with having a good story and characters...

I like the blue one. It looks fast. Fast is good, very good. VROOM! ZOOM!... >.>

I'm official.

NOooooo, the chick has glasses. I guess that'll probably kill her personality in the long run. I bet she'll turn out to be that snobby annoying chick that you just can't get to stop lecturing you.

lisa from bleach has glasses, and she is badass.
    -----------------

The mechs seem to have more simple designs then the SEED universe, probably to emphaaize how this is supposed to be the future inour universe so there probably won't be any changing of the molecular structure of the ion pumps from the cockpit. Also the kid on the bottom row looks like he's ready to try and give Shinn a run for angst captain of the universe.