Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing

Forbidden didn't have a beamscythe, it was a real one. Also, Abyss had a trident thingy.

@Hikyuu: Shani (Forbidden), Auel (Abyss) & Duo (Deathscythe) are as different from each other as they come, so yeah we are just comparing the mechs.

Gundam Wing

Ok well if Abyss has a trident he should be more like.. Shenlong.. or Nataku..

Gundam Wing

I agree.

Goddamnit, I hate Wing even more now. All I get when I search for Noin hentai is a myriad of badly written yaoi fics.
    [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

LOL ... Did you try typing her whole name in.. and using just google picture option? Her name is Lecretzia.. or something..

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Gundam Wing

This was the show that got me into anime so it'll always have a warm place with me despite some of its glaring failures.

Yes, the characters were often shallow, unbelievably strong and developed at a snails pace (and the development seemed to disappear at times, leaving characters acting as if they were in episode 1 again)
    Yes, children influencing major politics and major military figures was some unbelievable crap.
    Yes, the Gundam pilots were designed as blatant attempts to get girls interested in Gundam.
    Yes, the action scenes (apart from the couple of duels) are boring with recycled animation and lopsided as hell (group with newer models almost always wins)

But it deals with the political aspects in a way that I wish Seed and Destiny would try to do. Politics are hardly mentioned or brought up in Seed, whereas Wing had tons of coups, selfish military leaders hoping to make their own way, snotty aristocrats, noble avengers, loyal servants and a showed varying ideals in different political figures

Wing also had some cool Gundams, but didn't seem to fall into the "WE MUST SELL MORE MODEL KIT" craze that is beating the poor Gundam series now.

Also I thought that Treize Kushrenada and Zechs Merquise were some of the finest military leaders I've ever seen. If people like them ran our militaty today I could say I would serve with pride. Unfortunatley that is just anime...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gundam Wing

Huh? SEED has no political intrigue? What are you talking about? What about all the propaganda that Gil Dullandial says and the fact that there's a fake Lacus Clyne?

I liked Wing, but as it drove on later in the series, I thought there was TOO MUCH politicals. At least, that's what I remember of it. Haven't watched it in some 5ish years.

Gundam Wing

The thing with Wing's politics is that about half of it actually makes sense - the other half is just thrown in there to make the series seem more intellactually refined than it actually is. (as quoted from mahq.net, since it's so true). Seriously, they make even the most simple thing sound complicated.

Narrator voice: Due to Operation *insert random name here*, people suffered deadly conflicts that nobody could stop
    Translation: There is war

Narrator voice: Because of the sudden alignment switch of *insert any character here, because they all randomly switch sides*, the world once again suffered from internal conflicts not seen since *insert stupid event name here*
    Translation: The manuscript author needs to be dragged out on the street and get decapitated

Gundam Wing

Hey man dont fuck with operation meteor ;/ or operation.. crash colong l-5 into earth or w/e [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]... The narrator gave the show character.. Y\It takes skillz to say.. after colony blah blah blah.. time and time again..its how you know its Gundam Wing.. kinda like.. hearing naruto say Dattebayo...

Gundam Wing

I think the "After Colony blah blah" part was recorded once then recycled

Operation Meteor sucked, the gundams are so damn strong so it was moronic to even hide them as shooting stars... just fly down by yourselves instead, you overpowered scrap heaps!

btw, I still haven't find any Noin hentai. :/

Gundam Wing

pffft.. they can be beaten... I mean they have been blown up and cornered alot.. That wast the real operation meteor anywhooo...The earth sphere alliance would have been all over them like flies on shit.. when they crash landed.. that is why they were all hidden.. and I dunno what to tell you about the lack of hentai.. try looking for yuri?

Gundam Wing

True but when they are damaged it's almost always by mobile dolls and they didn't exist in the beginning of the show [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

Thats cause the mobile dolls rock.. and the Soldiers must not be getting payed enough to keep their lives.. so they bail out with a little injury then it just stays there till it 'splodes..oh and Since the gundams are made of Gundanium and the other suits arent that also helps the survival of them..

Gundam Wing

Isn't it Relena who cries about that using mobile dolls is wrong or something like that? Can't remember who but i know someone cried about mobile dolls being used.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: PSJ
    Isn't it Relena who cries about that using mobile dolls is wrong or something like that? Can't remember who but i know someone cried about mobile dolls being used.
    Treize was against them.

Gundam Wing

No she just cried because she is as useful as a used condum

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Curium
    Originally posted by: PSJ
    Treize was against them.
    Ah, they are almost the same anyway Wing characters both of them.

A used condom is way more useful than Relena it can do alot of things like uh.....hmm....... well it's better than Relena anyway.

Gundam Wing

Well we can all agree Relena was annoying and useless. I still like most of the show, and it was one of the shows that made me get back into anime. Its funny cuz now it seems everyone else hates the shows but back when toonami showed DBZ(although I actually hate almost everything in this show after they left Earth to go to Namek) and Gundam Wing was when I started watching anime on a more regular basis.

Oh Relena cried about all weapons not just dolls, I think Treize was the main force against using the dolls since he had a hard on for soldiers dying in battle, even remembered all their names if I remember correctly.

Gundam Wing

i can perfectly understand all the malcontent against Wing because if it wasn't my first anime
    i would probably feel the same
    but even after rewatching it i still like it
    because to me it's like a B-movie
    just turn off your brain and watch it, for me it is enjoyable enough
    but with both Seed and Destiny (for example) you need to keep your brain active
    to understand what's going on
    since Wing didn't have any confusing details/moves/twists in it

in short: my main reason why i like Wing is because it's cheap entertainment, nothing more, nothing less
    (well maybe a bit of nostalgy)
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

Gundam Wing

If your looking for a mind fuck in what your watching I reccomend Existenze..or w/e..but in terms of needing your brain to watch those shows.. Im veryu much inb doubt.. one my computer is fixed I will check first if this is the case..

Gundam Wing

I just rewatched the ending - damn, I had forgotten how lame it was. So stupid.
    What was the point of the whole series in the end? "Let's throw some random piece of a blown up space thingy at Earth!"
    Also, what the hell is up with the looks of the scientists? They are so ugly it hurts, especially the one with a mushroom haircut.

The best thing about Wing is really that you can rant about it in all eternity. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]