Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing

Ending was rushed. But i must admit - Wing was the first Gundam i saw.
    Then i went fully UC until G Gundam.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    I just rewatched the ending - damn, I had forgotten how lame it was. So stupid.
    What was the point of the whole series in the end? "Let's throw some random piece of a blown up space thingy at Earth!"
    Also, what the hell is up with the looks of the scientists? They are so ugly it hurts, especially the one with a mushroom haircut.

The best thing about Wing is really that you can rant about it in all eternity. [img][/img]
    Damn straight we can rant about it for all eternity [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].. and they are their ugly-ness is what pushed them into the secluded and cold world that is science/ gundamology ;x

Gundam Wing

I just watched Endless Waltz! (so sue me for never having seen it before)

And I must say I really liked it! The new gundam designs were badass, and the annoying bitch Mariameia got slapped AND shot. No complaints there! Also it was nice to find out about some of the pasts though I wish they'd include more of the stuff that seems to be in the manga. I partiularly liked Heero's past - sad, yet displays why he is the person he is. Also, Wufei finally became somewhat normal. In addition, Duo & Hilde hooked up as did Zechs (who is back to normal as well) & Noin. Heero also went away from Relena in the end which is good because she does not deserve a partner. I also liked the fact that Relena was practically absent in the whole movie.

Good stuff overall. Wing would have ruled if it only was this movie, they can get rid of the TV series altogether.

Gundam Wing

omg you never saw the movie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img], the movie is wat made wing good ( man altron custom is the shit isnt it XD)
    -----------------

Gundam Wing

Deathscythe Hell custom was damn neat, I liked that they returned to the normal single-bladed scythe instead of the double-blade bullshit of the ordinary DH.
    But yeah I loved ALL the new mechs. Many people hate Zero's wings, but I enjoyed those too.

Unfortunately, I don't think the movie made TV Wing good. I still think that sucks so badly - but the movie was great.

Gundam Wing

This took me 2 hours, I don't know when I will get the next part finished.

Front Cover
    Back Cover
    Wufei 1
    Wufei 2
    Wufei 3
    Wufei 4
    Wufei 5
    Wufei 6
    Wufei 7
    Wufei 8
    Wufei 9
    Wufei 10
    Wufei 11
    Wufei 12
    Wufei 13

Gundam Wing

Wow, thanks a lot man. I read a synopsis on Wufei's story and considering that it was the one that was covered the least in Endless Waltz; it's great to be able to read it in it's entirety. Great work.

It's still a shame that they never bothered to include pasts in the TV series though, as it would have significantly increased the show's quality.

Gundam Wing

The remaining chapters are for Duo, Heero, Trowa, Quatre, Relena, the events leading up to the pilots ingnoring the real Operation Meteor, and one that takes place after Endless Waltz and they don't have their Gundams anymore.

Gundam Wing

I shoulsd really find Episode zero in my room.. not that I dont remember waht happens in it.. its just comforting not to lose your stuff..

Gundam Wing

thx a lot man, wufei is soo awesome
    -----------------

Gundam Wing

So does that Episode Zero thing involve all pasts in one single book?

Edit: Please do Trowa next kthx

Gundam Wing

Yes, Terra, it does.. Its not intertwined with the series..

Gundam Wing

Endless Waltz was pretty sweeeeeeeeet, except for the idea that people were rallying behind a 12 year old >_> (if she was even that old)

Fave suits would have to be in this order:

1. Deathscythe Hell Custom
    2. Heavyarms Custom
    3. Wing Zero Custom
    4. Tallgeese III
    5. Sandrock Custom
    6. Nataku

I was hoping they'd kill off Relena, tbo, but can't have everything...

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    So does that Episode Zero thing involve all pasts in one single book?

Edit: Please do Trowa next kthx
    Like Hikyuu said, yeah its all in one book.

Sure I'll do Trowa next. Probably this weekend some time. Over the time it took to do Wufei I got better at the scanning, but it still takes time, plus having to edit some of the text near gap between pages so that it is readable.

Gundam Wing

Everything is horrible in Wing until they released an OVA/Movie. The mech design in E.W. rules! But honestly, who would put angelic wings on war machine?!

Gundam Wing

@Jurojin: it's worse, she was 7 years old.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Illrenmazou
    Everything is horrible in Wing until they released an OVA/Movie. The mech design in E.W. rules! But honestly, who would put angelic wings on war machine?!
    You know I could excuse the feather looking wings on Zero Custom if they didn't have them flapping through space and losing feathers as it did, for me it was this point when suit went from cool to goofy looking. The was my biggest complaint with Zero Custom, although having a gun the is to powerful for your suit is a pretty serious design flaw, although I suppose some of that is due to atmosphere and fighting Wu Fei but still.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Freki
    Originally posted by: Illrenmazou
    You know I could excuse the feather looking wings on Zero Custom if they didn't have them flapping through space and losing feathers as it did, for me it was this point when suit went from cool to goofy looking. The was my biggest complaint with Zero Custom, although having a gun the is to powerful for your suit is a pretty serious design flaw, although I suppose some of that is due to atmosphere and fighting Wu Fei but still.
    Like you already said Freki it was already damaged from re-entry and the fight with Wufei, but also when it was fireing at the bunker pretty much all of the remaining Serpent suits were fireing on Wing Zero and it wasn't moving so it was an easy target for them to hit.

Gundam Wing

Hmm i guess i forgot about the suits on ground, GW had me in the habit of ignoring any mass produced suits that went against a gundam, pretty much same way GSD has me looking past all the grunts that show up.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Freki
    Hmm i guess i forgot about the suits on ground, GW had me in the habit of ignoring any mass produced suits that went against a gundam, pretty much same way GSD has me looking past all the grunts that show up.
    Don't forget though that it was 3 grunts that took out Chaos.

EDIT: Now that I think about, Gundams pretty much NEVER lose to grunts. They were losing in EW, and Chaos that I mentioned above, but I'm not aware of any others. I'll admit I haven't seen most of UC yet, but I don't think it happened there much if at all.