Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing

Well, along with that oversized beam cannon... The recoil on the damn thing was peeling the shielding off Wing Zero Custom(above and beyond re-entry and the fire from the ground)... but eh.. that was probably in there somewhere..

Gundam Wing

if anything was damaged on re-entry, it was only the wings, the wings functioned as a shield just like the heat plating on the shuttle
    its just that the buster was probably emitting way too much power ( like if something is really hot, it will burn you even if you arent even close to it ), thats probably what destroyed wing 0, cause he fired it lie 5 times or something ( cant remember ) and the first and the last shots were prolonged
    -----------------

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    if anything was damaged on re-entry, it was only the wings, the wings functioned as a shield just like the heat plating on the shuttle
    its just that the buster was probably emitting way too much power ( like if something is really hot, it will burn you even if you arent even close to it ), thats probably what destroyed wing 0, cause he fired it lie 5 times or something ( cant remember ) and the first and the last shots were prolonged
    Acctually it only fired 2 maybe 3 times.

Gundam Wing

Still it was quite obvious that the gun was to strong for the suit to use.

Gundam Wing

haha imagine the ending of GW if the gun was always that strong, Heero passes through atmosphere, fires on chunk of Libra, and then Zero explodes killing him...actually Heero has survived explosions and insanely high drops before, maybe they woulda had him fall to earth and make a crater like Wile E. Coyote as Libra explodes.

Gundam Wing

Here is the next chapter, Trowa's. I still have Quatre, Heero, Duo, Relena, a story after EW, and a story about how each pilot changed Operation Meteor.

Trowa 1
    Trowa 2
    Trowa 3
    Trowa 4
    Trowa 5
    Trowa 6
    Trowa 7
    Trowa 8
    Trowa 9
    Trowa 10
    Trowa 11
    Trowa 12
    Trowa 13

Gundam Wing

Fuck, Trowa (or should I say Triton Bloom?) is so cool.

Thanks again. Any chance of doing Duo's next?

Edit: By the way, Middie Une? Is that Lady Une as a kid or what?

Edit2: No wait nevermind, I forgot that Lady Une is older than Trowa.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Thanks again. Any chance of doing Duo's next?

Edit: By the way, Middie Une? Is that Lady Une as a kid or what?

Edit2: No wait nevermind, I forgot that Lady Une is older than Trowa.
    With Middie Une, at the end of the book there is some notes about the creating of it. One says that Middie's relationship with Lady Une will forever remain a mystery. I will scan that stuff after I've finished all the stories.

As for Duo next, sure thing.

EDIT: There is one line in the summary of Duo's story that I think works better after seeing his part in the beginning of Operation Meteor. Thus I'm overruling the request to post that next and THEN Duo's story within 24 hours.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Freki
    haha imagine the ending of GW if the gun was always that strong, Heero passes through atmosphere, fires on chunk of Libra, and then Zero explodes killing him...actually Heero has survived explosions and insanely high drops before, maybe they woulda had him fall to earth and make a crater like Wile E. Coyote as Libra explodes.
    Making a crater? He would just start rolling as he hit the side of a mountain and get away with a broken leg which he puts in place right afterwards, no big deal. Even if he broke his neck he would just put it in place.

Gundam Wing

Hey man dont discredit his mad tumbling skills [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]..

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Freki
    Originally posted by: Illrenmazou
    Everything is horrible in Wing until they released an OVA/Movie. The mech design in E.W. rules! But honestly, who would put angelic wings on war machine?!
    You know I could excuse the feather looking wings on Zero Custom if they didn't have them flapping through space and losing feathers as it did, for me it was this point when suit went from cool to goofy looking. The was my biggest complaint with Zero Custom, although having a gun the is to powerful for your suit is a pretty serious design flaw, although I suppose some of that is due to atmosphere and fighting Wu Fei but still.
    I think i also saw feathers when Strike Freedom did it's Evangelion-like posture...

Gundam Wing

Name ep and time i seriously doubt they put feathers in SEED.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Jurojin
    Fave suits would have to be in this order:

6. Nataku

Actually #6 is Altron then, after upgrade for space combat in a middle of GW series.
    Distinctive feature: Nataku has beam javelin, Altron has beam trident aside from having backpack-mounted dual beam gun and other color scheme.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: PSJ
    Name ep and time i seriously doubt they put feathers in SEED.
    I will have to rewatch GSD then, please spare me this torture [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    Some of last 10 i think...

BTW - i am the only one who saw Evangelion-ripoff in SEED and Destiny openings with Freedom's EVA-like pose with Kira and Lacus in foreground?

Gundam Wing

That pose has been used since SEED. Strike Freedom first appeared in ep 39 was it? And hasn't appeared since so you'd have to watch one episode.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Marcis

6. Nataku

Actually #6 is Altron then, after upgrade for space combat in a middle of GW series.
    Distinctive feature: Nataku has beam javelin, Altron has beam trident aside from having backpack-mounted dual beam gun and other color scheme.
    Wrong.
    It's the same suit, Altron is just an upgraded Shenlong - and therefore is still called Nataku by Wufei.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Originally posted by: Marcis

6. Nataku

Wrong.
    It's the same suit, Altron is just an upgraded Shenlong - and therefore is still called Nataku by Wufei.
    Wufei called all his Gundams Nataku. However the particular version that Jurojin was refering too is specifically called Gundam Nataku. Even the model kit for it says Gundam Nataku on the box. The first 2 from the series were specifically called Shenlong and Altron on their model kits.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Gundam Wing

I'm glad someone thought to share the mangas with everyone here.

It actually gives the characters depth and shows insight into their characteristics. I can't for the life of me figure out why none of the manga stuff was included in the series... Would have made for a hell of a lot more interesting development

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gundam Wing

I am aware that this is a double post, but I felt this needed to be seperate.
    EDIT: well it was a double post when I started this message, guess it isn't after all.

Duo's will be up within 24 hours.

Meteor 01
    Meteor 02
    Meteor 03
    Meteor 04
    Meteor 05
    Meteor 06
    Meteor 07
    Meteor 08
    Meteor 09
    Meteor 10
    Meteor 11
    Meteor 12
    Meteor 13
    Meteor 14
    Meteor 15
    Meteor 16
    Meteor 17
    Meteor 18
    Meteor 19
    Meteor 20
    Meteor 21
    Meteor 22
    Meteor 23
    Meteor 24
    Meteor 25

Gundam Wing

So that's where they got the Endless Waltz stuff I guess.

Man, people, imagine if the first episode of the show was the anime equal of the Meteor chapter that Curium posted. Then episode 2 would be the anime's episode 1. And then somewhere at occasional spots in series, they could have included character dedicated episodes with the boys' pasts. To top if off, make Relena less annoying. If all of that was done - Wing would be great!

I wonder where it went wrong, really. The pasts are well done, and so is Meteor when put in this light.
    Wasted potential always makes me sad...

Ah well, thanks again for the efforts Curium.