Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing

between Life and Death is just a mere dash.... and that dash is what we call life...

i couldnt help but find this sig humorous

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Astronopolis
    between Life and Death is just a mere dash.... and that dash is what we call life...

i couldnt help but find this sig humorous
    I got that sig from an article i read. The article talks about the word written in graves. When someone dies the graves usually have their name carved to it, with their birthday dash their day of death.. and that dash is the life of that person when he was alive.. something like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

you know, after about 90 episodes of GS/GSD i finally realized that the system in freedom that obliterates everything is very much similar to the zero system.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    you know, after about 90 episodes of GS/GSD i finally realized that the system in freedom that obliterates everything is very much similar to the zero system.
    Well to be fair, only about 60 of those should count since Freedom wasn't introed until around episode 30 of Seed.

Gundam Wing

How is that so? I'd like to know more about this, very intriguing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Strike Freedom

How is that so? I'd like to know more about this, very intriguing! [img][/img]
    I'm just putting down a guess here, so don't flame me if I'm incorrect.

I believe the similarities that he is talking about between Zero System and Freedom/ SF is the role of the computer in enabling the pilot to battle multiple opponents at once. I know that the Zero system interacted somehow with the pilot to unleash their greatest fighting potential (with some mental side-effects) and that the Zero system would come up with different strategies and tactics based on the pilot's ability and the situation in battle.

BUT, the bottom line was that Zero System was supposed to take the path that led to "total victory" (or if the pilot was attuned to destruction) "utter defeat of one's enemies") It did so by interfacing the computer with the pilot's mind.

There is no known pilot-computer interface in Seed or Destiny (although I'm unsure about the Destroy) at least not in Freedom or SF.

I believe Chaoskiddo was referring to the way that once the Zero System came around in Wing, whoever piloted it was never going to be defeated (though they might go insane) and that the suit was virtually invincible in MS combat. Freedom certainly exhibits lots of unbelievable power and also seems to win entire battles all on its own. Freedom also has the system that locks on to multiple enemies all at once (even though I never see any of the acquired targets moving on Freedom's panels, they seem to just be all standing still! Cough*BS) and that is similair to the Zeros ability to handle multiple enemies by using the computer.

But in Seed and Destiny the pilot's ability is stressed much more than the actual Gundam's abilities, limitations and systems. We're actually quite in the dark about how a Gundam can so precisely target multiple MOVING enemies and hit them all at the same time (even shifting the aim to disable them, without any accidental kills) To me it seems impossible for even Kira to shoot down a dozen + MS in one moment... but then again Seed is more about the pilots having superhuman abilities, Wing was more focused on ideology, MS limitations & honor.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gundam Wing

SEED and Destiny gundams lack the ZERO system. Which gives the pilot several outcomes to a fight or any part of it, and the pilot chooses one of them. Basically, it sees the future while driving you completely insane.

Kinda like the sharingan, but gundam style.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Gundam Wing

http://photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=ZerovsNataku.jpg

I was thinking about posting this in the "funnies" thread, maybe I still will.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: XwingRob
    I never really got the whole "two armies fight against each other in a huge ass battle, then no one wants to fight anymore" theory that Zechs had. Zechs must have never studied history...
    But I thought the Gundams were cool. Though to be honest, I really can't remember much about Gundam Wing anymore. (So perhaps I misunderstood the final battle, hehe [img][/img])
    The Point was that it, being a conflit involving the entire human race, not simply a world war involving a bunch of countries, but a war involving the entire planet and the colonies of space itself, such a massive and devestating war would literally scare peace into the world.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Necromas
    Originally posted by: XwingRob
    I never really got the whole "two armies fight against each other in a huge ass battle, then no one wants to fight anymore" theory that Zechs had. Zechs must have never studied history...
    But I thought the Gundams were cool. Though to be honest, I really can't remember much about Gundam Wing anymore. (So perhaps I misunderstood the final battle, hehe
    The Point was that it, being a conflit involving the entire human race, not simply a world war involving a bunch of countries, but a war involving the entire planet and the colonies of space itself, such a massive and devestating war would literally scare peace into the world.
    That was also his thinking behind dropping Libra onto Earth. In Wing it was portrayed like a colony drop would not totally kill off everyone on Earth, but scar it and usher in an devestatingly harsh age of extreme climates. Zechs' theory was certainly not the best, but I can understand where he was coming from, given his history with Sanq and OZ. I still respect him for challenging Treize to that duel, trying to stymie the Great Battle that he was later forced to try to create... Too bad Endless Waltz totally made him a suckup to the Gundam pilots... What horseshit.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    That was also his thinking behind dropping Libra onto Earth. In Wing it was portrayed like a colony drop would not totally kill off everyone on Earth, but scar it and usher in an devestatingly harsh age of extreme climates. Zechs' theory was certainly not the best, but I can understand where he was coming from, given his history with Sanq and OZ. I still respect him for challenging Treize to that duel, trying to stymie the Great Battle that he was later forced to try to create... Too bad Endless Waltz totally made him a suckup to the Gundam pilots... What horseshit.

In Ep 46 Trieze challenged Zechs to a duel, not the other way round, Zechs refused Triezes request and then rattle off his speech about how he'd solve the war...

Gundam Wing

yeah the evil plot in gundam wing was disappointing it was basically "I'LL CRUSH THIS ANT COLONY WITH A BIG ROCK, not all will die, but they'll be crippled and their whole enviornment will be destroyed, we'll start from scratch and in another milenium we'll do it again."

tallgeese III was cool though zech didnt kill anyone...thats gay. endless waltz totally sucked, the idiot daughter of treize was doing the exact oppiosate of treize

treize: i'll fight for the earth
    daughter: i'll hide underground and destroy the earth.

the coolest part was probably seeing wing zero's wings lol. and of course everybody else's upgraded gundams but besides that it sucked... (i dont remember much mroe than that so i say it sucked) oh but i do remember heero shot some barrier like 5 times to get underground to find relena.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Gundam Wing

treize: i'll fight for the earth
    daughter: i'll hide underground and destroy the earth.
    Keep in mind that his daughter was a stupid kid being manipulated by her grandfather.

the coolest part was probably seeing wing zero's wings lol. and of course everybody else's upgraded gundams but besides that it sucked... (i dont remember much mroe than that so i say it sucked) oh but i do remember heero shot some barrier like 5 times to get underground to find relena.
    I like Wing 0s accuracy rating. Can't remember the exact number, but it was a fraction of 1%. No arguing with that AimBots ability.

Gundam Wing

Heero hit exactly the same spot 3 times

Gundam Wing

Yet he moves the aim point of his busters on the third shot so i think he has a damn good aimbot.

Gundam Wing

NOTICE: anyone who wants the scans of Episode Zero that I posted, you only have a few days left to save them. I will be deleteing them soon.

Gundam Wing

I still find Wing better than seed and destiny cause the characters doesnt annoy me as they do in seed and destiny. I mean the top five most annoying characters in anime are from seed and destiny with shinn bieng nr.1....

Also i liked wing that they didnt focus so much on one characther like seed and destiny did with Kira and Shinn. omg all the flashbacks in destiny about shinn family....

By the way im listing to just communication from Gundam Wing right now,the best song in the gundams i have seen so far.

Gundam Wing

OK, I've heard a lot of people say, and maybe not here but else where, that GW was not long enough, that they should've had a sequal, and that in EW it was stupid that Wing got destroyed and that no one used mobile suits ever agian. Well let me tell you people if you ever come here. GW was long enough, it had a story that we well explained, sure it had some holes, but who really cares, you're just nick-picking. A squal could've gone either way, good or bad, it was a risk and not one took it, and guess what, no one really complained. EW was not stupid, Wing getting destroyed was fore-see-able, if you actually paid attention during GW, WIng and Zero usually got the hell beat out of them. And the thing about not using mobile suits ever again.....ITS THE MOST LOGICAL COURSE OF ACTION, PEOPLE WANT PEACE!

Well, that's about it. Sorry for the random rant. Just had to get it out of my head, hope you all understand and don't flame me for it. If I missed anything, please by all means, mention it.

Gundam Wing

GW had more than "some holes", there were holes the size of the atlantic. And destroying the gundams isn't such a logical action, people don't want peace, mankind has been fighting wars since we left the caves.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    I still find Wing better than seed and destiny cause the characters doesnt annoy me as they do in seed and destiny. I mean the top five most annoying characters in anime are from seed and destiny with shinn bieng nr.1....

Also i liked wing that they didnt focus so much on one characther like seed and destiny did with Kira and Shinn. omg all the flashbacks in destiny about shinn family....

By the way im listing to just communication from Gundam Wing right now,the best song in the gundams i have seen so far.
    All of those faults are from Destiny... nobody were annoying in Seed, at least not on the level of, say, Relena.

C'mon you can't be serious when saying that Relena isn't even on the top 5 of annoying Gundam chars