Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 08

Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 08

Soma/Marie has a nice body. But the most important event was right at the very end of the ep when our man Ali benevolently made a totally unexpected appearance to make sure Setsuna and Tieria won't let their guard down too easily. Next ep should be good! Who knows how much they have managed to upgrade an old Throne suit but with Ali's skills he should get far.

Looking past how well done Teiria's disguise was with his shapely curves, delicate features, feminine voice, a derringer tucked into a stocking encasing a fit, slender leg....
    *shakes head*

Billy was kind of an ass about the whole Setsuna and Louise meeting. I guess someone is still really pissed that Setsuna rescued Sumeragi from the fate of being Billy's drunken sex slave. On the other hand, he would be one of the first people in A-LAWS that actually performed his duty for once. Outed Setsuna immediately and calling for backup. I suppose a degree really does make a difference.

It was nice of Setsuna to lie to Louise about Saji's fate.

If Marina is going to be one of those weepy princesses who spends the majority of the series in the company of children for little or no reason, I don't think I will be able to hate her any faster than I already do. I'm still waiting for what purpose she holds in this series. Her attempts to coerce Setsuna to stop fighting didn't work, Setsuna knows what he has to do. I don't see what good she is at all. Might as well be stuffed back in prison or in another castle until the show is over.

I enjoyed the Feldt - Marie connection this episode, and hope that there will be more of them. Feldt has been severely lacking in development over the course of two seasons, and she could use a friend her own age. Pigtail-Loli isn't as good as Christina was for Feldt.

Quick notes:
    - Poor Kati, the immortal idiot is back. At least she will have someone to keep her amused and comforted in the shitstorm of evil she will be forced to commit.
    - Marie, not quite as good as Soma was (it was partially the attitude), but she's lovely in a different way now.
    - Louise's dress was cute, but isn't it a bit too young for her now? She looks like a Japanese teen idol.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 11-23-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: That was still one hell of a trap....

Wang Liu Mei's such a shitty, flat (no, I didn't mean her tits) character. She's getting on my nerves.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I didn't like her knew look, but Tieria was pretty hot. I wonder how far they went into disguising him as a woman

Now I wished they didn't finish up Allelujah/Marie so quickly. There's potentially a lot more they could have done in terms of development of either characters by putting their reunion off till later, as opposed to having Marie hanging around now. I'm probably just missing the more mature, determined Soma. This show's got enough soft characters already.

I'm impressed by Tieria's decision, on the other hand. I was expecting more internal conflict as he fought off his Veda withdrawal. This guy's become much more likable this second season.

Final note, what's with Ali and randomly appearing at endings?
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 11-24-2008 at 12:31 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    The people at Anaheim came up with it first, but the inclusion of an artificially advanced human has no come into play in the 00 universe. This casts a ton of light onto what's going to probably happen with Ribbons and the Innovators (as the more stable artificial Newtypes / Coordinators have always stuck to more or less the same script...) But I like that we're finally getting into it.

I was pleasantly surprised that Ribbons was displeased with Regene telling all this to Tieria. I'd thought he had a lot more control over the Innovators than this...

The angst between Feldt and Soma was done pretty well in this episode, even if i found myself wishing they'd stop paying so much time on a side character like Feldt.

Giving Louise a custom suit made for a bio-engineered soldier? And Patrick's back? Ugh. A-LAWs, you guys are hopeless.

Regina keeps acting on his own (I say his because he refers to himself with the masculine 'boku')

Tieria in drag. SMOKING HOT. Even hotter than Wang Liu Mei in that scene. Bridget, move over. There's a new poster boy for trap.

But... where did those tits come from???

So Louise was the one who put all that money into A-LAWs. Glad they cleared that up. (although from how people refer to her, Wang Liu Mei has been a big name for them as well)

They did excellent work with the shit hitting the fan in this episode. Excellent pacing and change from scene to scene. Billy got Setsuna's number. Tieria jumps windows.

Very excellent plot advancement episode.

Christ, I swear. Using Ali as a cliffhanger again... They better give that man some real spotlight time soon...

i think Tieria has always been pretty strong-headed. He's always been the most dedicated and driven of the Meisters, and while he had his moment of doubt early this episode, his quick choice to oppose Ribbons was pretty fitting for him. Ribbons' remark was right on line too, Tieria has come to be totally focused on Celestial Being and Stage One of the plan. He simply can't accept that the plan would change so much. Regena's comment was interesting too, that Aeolia was conflicted himself about what to do with the lasting CB members once "the plan" moved into unification...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Seriously Tieria should have been a girl from the beginning.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Based on all we have seen, I don't think he possesses much of a sexual identity anyway, so he might have been as well. Maybe those innovators got that part of their brain gene manipulated out. If their role was to be some sort of masterminds behind the future of mankind, that wouldn't actually be such a bad idea - assuming organic computers are the best entities to decide what's best for humans.

The replacement of Christina by that DESU girl is fucking with my brain big time, Ali, please kill that DESU.