Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 158

One Piece 158

Whats up with the wings all the peoplee have on Skypie, do they make them fly or something?

One Piece 158

They are probably fake

One Piece 158

The fish evolved to become flat, other crustaceans become balloon-like....
    yet you can't accept a minor difference like small wings for the humans living in skypeia? Even if they can't fly with them, it can always be there to increase air resistance to negate some of their downward force caused by gravity, giving them a lighter stepping [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: Jadugar

Absolutely right.
    he'd fit in pretty well in LA
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

One Piece 158

Or the village

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

One Piece 158

Of the examples you mentioned Ass-ertn, none of them grew new body parts... they simply changed their shapes somewhat... So your reasoning is not substantial evidence to make me believe that humans can simply grow wings in Skypea...

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

One Piece 158

Thats just the way Oda portrayed them. IMO is pretty obvious he is making reference of heaven with having a island in the SKY with an all knowing GOD. So who are the residents in heaven? Angels. And angels have wings so the residents of skypeia, with the reference of heaven were drawn with wings.

But if you want more of like a scientific explanation then I have to say evolution. We all know that evolution is the process that animals and humans underwent physical changes so they could adapt to their new surroundings. The Skypeia residents evolved like the sky fish so they could live in those conditions.

I mainly go with number 1.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

One Piece 158

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    The fish evolved to become flat, other crustaceans become balloon-like....
    yet you can't accept a minor difference like small wings for the humans living in skypeia? Even if they can't fly with them, it can always be there to increase air resistance to negate some of their downward force caused by gravity, giving them a lighter stepping [

Where have I said that I dont accept a minor difference like samll wings.

My question was why. Why do they have them?

Your answer should have been because of the evolution. Full stop, not <u>why cant yoy accept them.</u>

I asked the question because Oda explained this dail and the other, how there are two different kind of clouds and never mentioned their "wings". Even Luffy and crew didnt asked them about it. Maybe Oda will explain it.

Or Like Deblas said he wanted to portray them as angel, just like in heaven.

As it is harder to breath in Skypiea, the people should have evolved their respiratory system ( breathing), nose.

As for the downforce their heads should have been different.

Wings will only increase their weight and their gravity pull which doesnt help them much

Be more useful AssertnFailure, you call yourself a Sanin.

One Piece 158

i don't relly care about that. I'm more conserned with that "Heso" thing. What the hell is that? It can't be hello because they say both.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

One Piece 158

It could be their native slang like "whats up".

One Piece 158

Heso means "bellybutton" in japanese.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------

One Piece 158

WTF!?

One Piece 158

Seriously. Thats why Luffy and the crew where like "what the hell are these guys saying"? everytime they greeted with Heso.

One Piece 158

K-F should have translated it like that.

"Bellybutton. Good Afternoon."

One Piece 158

Thats not much of a greeting, how is your bellybutton. I know maybe their bellybuttons have evolved. What do you think AssertnFailure (Expert on Evolution, Mr Darwin).

One Piece 158

What's "Ciao" mean? You do know that other, *real* languages have words that mean both "Hello" and "Goodbye" right?

One Piece 158

Originally posted by: vegita625
    What's "Ciao" mean? You do know that other, *real* languages have words that mean both "Hello" and "Goodbye" right?

What? come again.

One Piece 158

He's giving an example. "Ciao"(pronounced "chow") is Italian, used as a greeting or a "see ya later" type thing.

My question was why. Why do they have them?
    Whimsy

One Piece 158

I think Eneru was a much better name than Enel.

One Piece 158

Same shit, different toilet..

One Piece 158

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
    He's giving an example. "Ciao"(pronounced "chow") is Italian, used as a greeting or a "see ya later" type thing.
    I know what "chow" means but what is talking about the one word having the same meaning as both "Hello" and "Goodbye".