Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Official GotWoot Photoshop Tutorial Thread

Oh, yes, indeed. That's why I said it wouldn't, meaning PS only wants to save it as a copy with the selection (or something like that). I use v 7, if that makes any difference.

However, I should note that I don't mean I would merge layers normally just out of fun. I was talking about merging them before a web release as a jpeg. No choice but to merge, since jpeg is a single layer 24 bit format, after all. Obviously I store my original work in psd format with all the layers and stuff, only saving them in jpeg or png when the method of release so requires.

how do you take a screenshot of your desktop using photoshop?
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

You actually use the print screen key on your keyboard, then open photoshop and go File>New and it will automatically be set to make a new document in the dimensions of your desktop, and once the new document is opened just Ctrl+V or Edit>Paste.
    Last edited by IFHTT; Wed, 03-29-2006 at 02:16 PM.

thank you once again.. thats another one i owe you man .. don't wait too long to collect.
    ___

No problem, check your pm inbox in a second.

question: How do you remove text when rendering?
    ___

Kraco said: No, it's not just you. I also prefer to do that for a very specific reason: It gets me involved in the work from an earlier stage. Of course even better would be to draw it from scratch (if I had the skills). That's why I also, in a twisted sense, like when there's something that needs fixing in the image: removing text, adding some clipped parts... That sort of things.

My question is how you fix something like removing text from something you are trying to render?
    ___

Well, there is a bunch of different ways to do it. Although, often the outcome won't look very good. My favorite way would be to use the clone-stamp tool though. I don't know how others do it.
    Last edited by xDarkMaster; Tue, 07-11-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Clone stamp is one of the best ways to do it. Its something thats still kinda hard to do, but its best to try a bunch of different things and see what has the best outcome.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Yeah. Clone stamp is the basic tool for me as well. Small or narrow areas, especially cell shading (which often needs fixing anyway after cutting out), is just basic brushwork. And of course one can never forget the famous airbrush... But it's basically and fundamentally like Phoenix[numbers] said: Any technique or tool that gets the job done is perfect. That being said, you can't fix images unless you know at least the basics of PS drawing, but that's not hard to learn.

And a Wacom tablet sure made that kind of work much more enjoyable...

This is kinda a strange request but is there a way to make a photograph of a, lets say mountain, and make it so it looks like it was drawn in anime style?

Yes, I have seen Kage's image manipulation tut but I just can't get the effect I want.
    Last edited by xDarkMaster; Thu, 04-13-2006 at 09:09 PM.

^ I would like to know if this is possible too.

I just looked thru this whole thread. and I don't know if I am even asking in the right place so don't shoot me, but.. is there a good free photoshop that I could use to make my own sigs with on the internet? if so please tell me thanks. peace.

I doubt you can use it on the internet, but you can download photoshop and make your own sigs on your computer. I had a link to a torrent for it, let me see if I can find it and I'll post it for you.

actually I meant I wanted to download it. sorry about the grammar error. and thankyou for looking for it.

No problem, and as for posting in the right section. This seems like a suitable place to post your question, so kudos for that seeing as how your other posts today didn't get too much positive attention. I'll edit this post with the torrent when I find it. It may take a bit so please be patient.

thanks a bunch!

It does seem like an okay place to post this question but seriously, why is everyone here so lazy when it comes to finding torrents?

Pick one

well for one, I have no idea where I would look to find that kind of a torrent file. if it was an anime torrent file I was looking for I'd look in likely places such as the GW torrent page and other various sites. it's kinda obvious where to look for anime. but, I'm completely lost as to where I'd find this kind of torrent file. e.g. the photoshop torrent file I just asked for.

Last edited by naruto=pwnage; Sun, 04-16-2006 at 11:19 AM.