Thread: Bleach 219

Bleach 219

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

awesome, I loved the fight from start to finish. I think the progression in the episode was definitely better than some of the previous ones. Hopefully the next one will be as entertaining

Agreed, the pacing was excellent in this fight and Hisagi was pretty badass.

Hope Ikkaku goes bankai on that long-armed dude in the next ep -.-

This episode was awesome. Fluid animation after the re-cap till end and a Hisagi victory to boot. I guess Ikkaku underestimated his enemy too much that he didn't resort to his Bankai, and even then, he's still trying to keep it a secret like Yumichika's Soul Slayer.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Wed, 05-13-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Changed some things around.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Badass... that is all I have to say.

The twist at the end was great. I can honestly say I was surprised Ikkaku lost. I thought everything would turn out all hunky-dory. I wonder if Karakura will return because of it or will there be something to prevent that?

I actuallly hope somebody on the good side dies during the upcoming fights, it would be pretty lame with a battle of this magnitude and everyone of the good guys survived.

I've been saturated.
    Ikkaku lying there at the end was a nice twist indeed. Can't wait for the next ep.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

These fights are getting progressively more awesome, and these are the just the lowbies fighting right now!

This episode was fantastic for a battle that you normally wouldn't give a shit about. The music especially was standout, the animation was great.

I'm really hoping Ikkakku uses his Bankai. While it might be cool for him to die rather than reveal it...he's not a character I want to see die.

I think he already almost died sometime ago, then he was also forced to use Bankai. So he has shown it before. Why not do the same thing now. That is, if he stil can. His spear is already broken after all.

Well, when he revealed his Bankai, only Yumichika and Keigo was around, so technically no one saw it to force him into becoming a Captain, though certainly people should have sensed that massive Spirit Force pouring into Ikkaku (especially in Toushirou's case).
    Last edited by Nadouku; Wed, 05-13-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Spelled Keigo's name correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Janusz
    I think he already almost died sometime ago, then he was also forced to use Bankai. So he has shown it before. Why not do the same thing now. That is, if he stil can. His spear is already broken after all.

His Spear is indeed broken, but it hasn't reverted back to being a unreleased soul slayer. So this means he is still pretty far from dead, and also if i remember correctly, the last time he released his bankai, it was broken as well.

On a personal note, I wouldn't like to see Ikkaku die, he is one of my favorite characters, but it would be understandable.

The rationality on these fights are somewhat questionable.But as far as that goes in which anime has rationality been a leading factor. So i'll leave it be.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    So Hisagi's got three seals to mate his power...
    Interresting.

Ikkaku dead? I don't think so. The pilar falling was for suspens I guess.
    The only thing is that the others think he might be dead, probably unable to feel his reiatsu. But maybe because it's very weak since he's KO.

Hisagi has always been a interresting character, and I have to agree his shikai is awful. He's been around for a great deal of time, apparently some special ops and secret missions I admit I can't even remember correctly.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    So Hisagi's got three seals to mate his power...
    What....?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    What....?
    I felt like when he threw the chain like thing on his left arm, his reiatsu increased a great deal.
    It looked like some king of seal, but I might be wrong and the reaitsu surge was due to the shikai mode.
    Last edited by David75; Wed, 05-13-2009 at 03:34 PM.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Hmm, I think those chains were just a distraction, since neither Hisagi or the Arrancar said anything about his Spirit Force increasing. His Shikai alone brought his Spirit Force up a lot.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that was outstanding

The whole episode's animation and music were so amazing, if we could get this kind of quality every time the bleach anime would regain its place in my top 5

What makes it even more impressive is how the original material was so incredibly crappy

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/324/01/

Seriously, read this and the next chapters and you won't believe how much better the anime made it look
    Last edited by Archangel; Wed, 08-19-2009 at 06:21 PM.

I hope they didn't use their entire budget on this episode. If every episode from here on out is this good then I will actually look forward to bleach every week.

And yes, they somehow turned one of the shittiest segments in bleach into 20 minutes of real entertainment.

I hope/pray/sacrifice small animals to the anime gods that the animation stays like this for the rest of the serious. Imagine how badass that would be. Who is Gotwoot's resident anime god?
    Do I pray to Goku?
    Also, episode was pretty good. Entertaining, good pacing, good cliffhanger. Can't wait till next week.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

I like how Hisagi apparently got his life philosophy from his Captain, and even though his Captain turned out to be a treasonous douche, he hasn't reevaluated that philosophy at all.