Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: TV: Prison Break

Just a reminder, season premiere is tonight at 8:00pm EST. Don't miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDUSt94-XzY

Pretty interesting way to set things up. And that new assassin is just plain creepy. And Scoffield is sick? hmmm.....Well, we got like a shit load of episodes to develop things,.and I'm def. looking forward to seeing what happens!

I'm with you, I'm liking this season so far... a great start in my opinion. It was a bit chaotic at first, but it was mostly to undo the crap from season 3. So the first half hour or so it was mostly doing a reboot kinda.

I like the new direction, somewhat an Ocean's 11 dynamic. Bellick was awesome, especially when he saw his mom and started jumping like a little kid. So what's the 10,000 number all about? Collateral damage... people who are going to die?

Next Monday should be a good one with Terminator returning, and then some more Prison Break.

"Did you eat some bad Mexican or something?"
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 09-02-2008 at 10:41 AM.

That line was classic. And i'm wondering who else will die. We all know they love to kill major characters, and bringing up that passage from the Odyssey makes me think even more that the bodies are going to start piling up throughout the season.

Hmm, I expected a bit more discussion on this... seems like you and I are the only ones still watching this.

I think we're done killing people off for the time being, at least from the main group. The killing should once again startup in the middle of the season or towards the end. We'll see a lot of background characters being killed though, like the old guy that helped Sarah and bailed Michael out of prison.

I'm hoping to see more of Gretchen though... especially while being turtured. I wonder when she'll escape though because it's a given she will do so. Unless they make her work for the Company again, and let her go.

But what I'm really hoping for is for Bellick to regain some of his badassness that he had early in season 1. He looks like such a wimp right now.

I'm still watching Prison Break. Really good start for season 4. I kinda had a hunch that Gretchen wasn't killed.

I agree Munsu, I also think there's enough killing. The new asian guy is kinda hax. I thought it was way too easy to getting the "blacklist". Now they have to get 5 more I also see that Ocean 11's theme. And Bellick is such a wimp.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    I think Mahone is my favorite character from this season. He's proven that he is a huge asset to the team and is able to figure out the answers to questions that are thrown at him. All I can say is, it's really fucked up what happened to his family. I hope he finally get the chance to meet the guy face to face, I wouldn't mind seeing some CQC action between the two.

I would really like to know how far T-Bag's pursuit for Michael is going turn out. I'm guessing after T-Bag builds up his resources and fills his pocket up with cash from Gate, he's going to go after Michael and screw him up by probably holding on to one of the cards and make Michael go on a wild goose chase for him, just to try to kill him off.

I'm taking a huge liking to the new assassin. It seems like he's in a whole league of his own. He's unlike any other Company member in the past. Kellerman, Kim, and Gretchen doesn't seem to hold a candle to the guy.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a long and painful walk to seek and acquire the other 5 cards, because I'll bet money that the other cards aren't going to be held in simple houses guarded by a small number of agents, but rather military facilities heavily guarded by hundreds of soldiers and tanks. Well, maybe not to that level, but something to screw them over greatly along the way.

These past few episodes were quite intense. It came back with a huge bang, I thought the theme of this series would've been worn out by now, but they've managed to keep it fresh, but only God knows how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    I think we're done killing people off for the time being, at least from the main group. The killing should once again startup in the middle of the season or towards the end. We'll see a lot of background characters being killed though, like the old guy that helped Sarah and bailed Michael out of prison.

I'm hoping to see more of Gretchen though... especially while being tortured. I wonder when she'll escape though because it's a given she will do so. Unless they make her work for the Company again, and let her go.
    If Gretchen was to return to the company, it'll probably be because the new assassin failed to do his job and gets killed off. After everything is "supposedly" done, they'll kill her off probably due to the fact that they'll see her as a huge liability risk and the fact that you don't forget certain bruises from being brutally beaten and tortured for one minor fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    I still think they shouldn't have killed off James so soon. I mean it was nice seeing him back in a nice suit ready to help Michael out supposedly, just to realize a few seconds later he gets shot in the head. This is a show where you can't believe anyone is safe.

Paul Kellerman: "Okay, anyway you look at it, there is no light at the end of this tunnel. One way or another, you and I, we die. Your brother too, which is a shame given all he's done for you."

If anything, they'll take out the weakest link first, Belleck. He's the only one there that doesn't have a real cause and just seems like he's going along for the ride.
    Last edited by RedX1z; Sat, 09-13-2008 at 08:33 AM.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

I don't know, but I'm not enjoying this season as much as I thought I would. I hope they get all of Scylla soon. The one bright spot this season has been Mahone, he's easily had the best material to work with. Sarah has been quite boring so far, hopefully with the assassin after her will wake her up a bit. I don't like the Asian dude much, but I have to say he's a good character to have. He has a couple of funny lines per episode, which is good. T-Bag is awesome as always.

Well new episode tonight, hopefully it'll be more exciting.

Anyone here still watching this? Wierd that no one has been commenting on it. I spent this whole day catching up and I have to say that this season has been amazingly good. Very exciting, especially the last 6 or so episodes.

Hmmm...it had its ups and downs. I think its good that Linc joined the company; since all he does lately is bust heads. But a lot of the characters are really irritating to me, such as Self, that one FBI guy, and Linc, when he' s like being an a hole. I'd say its about a 6/10 now. And I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I would ruin Gretchen's shit.

Jounin
    http://www.tv.com/story/12107.html?tag=topslot;title;

PB is coming to an end. Laugh, cry or send angry chain letters. Personally i think it's a good thing. It has been stretched out long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TwisT
    http://www.tv.com/story/12107.html?tag=topslot;title;

PB is coming to an end. Laugh, cry or send angry chain letters. Personally i think it's a good thing. It has been stretched out long enough.
    Yep, a good thing for sure. They've stretched this series to its limits, and suffered for it for periods of time. This season has been good, and they're in a perfect place to come to a conclusion and tell a full story... end the series on their own terms.

Well finally decided to finish up the series. Yes, Prison Break is now over and we get a conclusion with pretty much no loose ends, which is something I always welcome and it's rarely delivered. I liked that there was a "Four Years After" segment at the end.

But it's not really all over, there's a 2-episode (or 2-hour) DVD only episodes that should come out in either June or July, pretty much detailing what ocurred in those 4 years or something.

Here's an interview with the executive producer of the series. It's a good read, and it explains why they made some of the decisions they made:
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/...-break-bo.html
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Prison-B...e-1006122.aspx

So anyone here finished up the series completely? What did you guys think of the ending?

Great first season, and the series lost some steam as it went along, but still quite a worthwhile series.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 05-23-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Yah i finished it, it was pretty good, i kinda lost interest in it abit but still, decent.

/OffTopic
    On another note, i just finished watching seasons 2,3,4 and 5 of LOST in a week marathon and it was fucking great, im actually happy i stopped watching at season 2 just for the sheer enjoyment i got out of watching it all in one go, i just LOVE watching shows in one go, it really helps you "bond" with the characters waay more than just one ep per week :P
    /Offtopic

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

The "movie" covering the timegap at the end of Prison Break is apparently out.

Heres a link to a torrent from TPB: Prison Break: The Final Break

Also, heres the IMDB Link

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."