Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Bleach 54 Discussion

Bleach 54 Discussion

No song with words should ever be played when stuff is going on during anime. Period.

And if you have to have a song with words, yes, Number One is terrible.

Bleach 54 Discussion

Originally posted by: DarthEnder
    No song with words should ever be played when stuff is going on during anime. Period.

And if you have to have a song with words, yes, Number One is terrible.
    You are absolutely right. The lyrics somehow take away the attention from what's happening.

I "number one" on song number one.

Bleach 54 Discussion

Depends on the song and the situatuion, IMO. I think there are time that a lyrical song can add a whole lot to a scene. I do agree, however, that it gets used at times it shouldn't.

Oh, I like Number One. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: Kensee, I'm in the US Army.

Bleach 54 Discussion

that song is okay once in a while, currently i think it's slightly overused though..

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Bleach 54 Discussion

Both Aramis and Kensee are correct. Terra misses the boat for a change. "Number One" is a great song that is overplayed in the anime. Wish there was another "optimistic battle music" theme once and awhile... You know, something that could fit the mood for more serious battles where Ichigo is not quite so confident as desperate and grittily determined to win or die trying. Number One works best when he's acting all cocky and surprising his opponent with his resilence and natural skills.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Bleach 54 Discussion

I totally agree with masamuneehs there should be a Plan B /Song B.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Bleach 54 Discussion

I agree that the song is awesome when used correctly (like Masamuneehs said). Saying that, I think it was used perfectly in this episode. It's also my favorite song on the OST (right next to "Life is Like a Boat").

Also @Frogking: I don't see how imagining it in Japanese makes you hate it any less. Frankly, if you hate it just because it has lyrics, the language doesn't matter - unless you just really love Japanese so much that you get pissed off when it's not being sung in anime.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Bleach 54 Discussion

Actually XanBcoo, you missed my point competely. Perhaps I'll clear up my post a bit....what I meant was that I think that song is dogshit and it deters from an otherwise great scene!

Edit: Also, I really like "Life is Like a Boat". It is one of the better closing credit songs out there.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bleach 54 Discussion

Sub of episode 54 out by Lunar.

Lunar-Anime