Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

New game/contest

Okay, we got Dezalanel and 010577 so far.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

New game/contest

Hurrah! This is looking good. I say we keep accepting volunteers until Thursday, and then start the competition, and have the entries due in a week. And sorry to inconvenience you Kage, but an avatar really will only take you a couple minutes, like PSJ said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

New game/contest

Am I too late for the new sig. Plz make me a new one. Look at mine. Its ugly.

New game/contest

I 'll volunteer too if there's still room [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    One request: Don't bother making an avatar. I want to keep my original one.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

New game/contest

Awesome! We should be able to accomodate all the volunteers so far. And if we pushed it we could squeeze in 1 or 2 more. 2:25, if you take keeping your avatar as your one request, that should be fine.
    Splash, I'm going to assume you're not volunteering anymore since you have a new sig.
    Deadfire, I'm not sure you meet the criteria of eligibility. I'll consult with a couple of the others on AIM tonight and let you know tomorrow if you qualify. For the other volunteers who haven't given their one request yet, feel free to do so, or feel free to make no requests at all and leave everything as a surprise.

Artists: If you plan on participating, please pm me today or tomorrow so I can set up the tournament brackets and have that ready for when we start on Friday.

New game/contest

Nice, looks good. Cool that you used my name suggestion.

010577: Was going to ask if you wanted a new sig, cause I'm kinda embarresed of that sig. One of my first ^^

New game/contest

Originally posted by: Koyuki
    Nice, looks good. Cool that you used my name suggestion.

010577: Was going to ask if you wanted a new sig, cause I'm kinda embarresed of that sig. One of my first ^^

Lol hey man long time no talk... yeah I thought I make a new one since I've had this one for a long time... but it's been nice having it and it sure was good ... Thanx man!

If I get chosen and you enter the competition... gonna keep an eye out for ur artwork fo sure!

EDIT: doesn't mean I'm favoring anyone just paying homage to my sig creator

New game/contest

Hey, if you're looking for people to makeover, mine's just 3 frames stuck together in paint, I'm sure someone could do better...

The only thing I ask is that it fits my name a bit, Liquid Echo, however you want to interpert it. You don't HAVE to take a literal interpertation of the words, just something that seems fitting of the name.

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Sorry, but the rules are clear on this:

1) Volunteers must be somewhat regular forum users (this is subjective, and will be left up to our discretion to decide)
    2) Volunteers must already have been using a signature which they consider to be low quality or 'ugly'

You may qualify with rule 2, but you haven't been around enouph to qualify for the
    Extreme Makeover: Gotwoot Edition. You can still go and request one at the Sig/banner Requests thread.

Contestents so far:

Dezalanel
    Jadugar
    2:25

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Well, I'd say the rules are more about who we give priority too. Depending on the number of artists that are participating, we may need extra volunteers. I say we take the regular members as our primary volunteers, and put the others on a waiting list and include them if we need more rounds to complete the contest. This is highly dependent on the number of artists that participate though. So just a final reminder to all you photoshoppers, pm me today with your intent to participate, and tomorrow I'll have the tournament schedule ready and we can begin.

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

If we dont get enough people to make sigs for we can just start makin them for other designers not in that specific battle.

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Ah allright, didn't see that first part...

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

OK even though I just got a new sig made, I'll sign up... seems as though I'll be making the designers' life easier and getting more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

To count as two people (if that is allowed), I would like a DBZ sig and a Naruto sig. The rest is over to you guys.

Edit: An accompanying avatar would also be nice.

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Whatever, Im down for it. Btw its just Kage, I dont go by Kagemane_no_Jutsu cause thats gay and I cant change it here.

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Kage it is then.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for......EXTREME MAKEOVER!

The first round is called 'Member Upgrade', and we'll be making sigs and avatars (minus one for 2:25) for our lovely volunteers.

Group A
    Kage and NM will be making a sig but no avatar, for 2:25 (see, I'm looking out for you Kage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Group B
    PSJ and Phoenix will be making a sig and avatar for Jadugar. Since he made no particular request, you're free to use your full creativity.

Group C
    GLS and Koyuki will be making a sig and avatar for Dezalanel. Again, no particular request. Dazzle us with your skillz!

Group D
    Kit and Eurasian. This sig and avatar will be for 010577. Theme: Intelligence.

Round 2 - New look for the Newbies
    Let's show some of our new members what gotwooters are made of by decking them out in gorgeous new signatures and avatars that they can wear with pride around the forums.

Group E
    The winners from groups A and C will be making a sig and avatar for Deadfire.

Group F
    The winners from groups B and D will be making a sig and avatar for Liquid Echo. Request: somehow suit it to the username.

Final Round - The ugliest of them all....
    Ok, so not really the ugliest, but this round is for DB Hunter. Up until last week, he'd had the same signature as long as I'd been coming to the forums. It was poor resolution, the image was squshed, his avatar I made for him way back in my beginning Paint days. Out of all the people that signed up, he wore his ugly sig with pride for the longest time, spanning a period of years. So, not to devalue the lovely workmanship of his new sig, we are still including DB in the contest and dedicating the final round to him. Hopefully if he has more nice sigs he'll never to back to using his old one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just to finish up, a few logistics. Try to have your sigs submitted by next Friday, and we'll have the volunteers choose on Saturday, then start the next round.

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Phoenix gets 2 chances aawwww!!

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

oops, that was a typo...fixing now

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Damnit PSJ!!!!

EDIT: Whatever, less work for me I guess [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Originally posted by: KitKat
    Final Round - The ugliest of them all....
    Ok, so not really the ugliest, but this round is for DB Hunter. Up until last week, he'd had the same signature as long as I'd been coming to the forums. It was poor resolution, the image was squshed, his avatar I made for him way back in my beginning Paint days. Out of all the people that signed up, he wore his ugly sig with pride for the longest time, spanning a period of years. So, not to devalue the lovely workmanship of his new sig, we are still including DB in the contest and dedicating the final round to him. Hopefully if he has more nice sigs he'll never to back to using his old one. [img][/img]
    Dear KitKat, that is the most powerful thing I have heard anyone say about me on these forums. It seems as though you really had some strong emotions against my sig but how come you never said anything???

Ofcourse I'm honoured that the final round is being held for me, and I look forward to see all the contestants slaving away.... er... I mean working hard to get to the final round to make a great sig for me.

May the contest begin!