Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: !!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

but the games are there for fun, and you cant just say 'you can only post once, and NEVER again'. Also, not everyone wants to play these games, so if you dont let the people who want to take part in the games, actually post there, then the thread will die pretty fast. Though i agree that seein the same 2 ppl over and over gets a bit annoying, i think there are other ways to solve that problem rather then just not allowing them to post anymore.

One thing that could be done is a courtesy system. If you've posted once, try not to post again until a few people have posted. And if no one except the same 2 people post anyhitng for like 7 days straight, then just let the topic die.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I think it's kindof redundant to have the Recent Announcements: Welcome to Gotwoot Evolution link at the top of the page if we have a whole announcements forum. As well, our FAQ is a bit out-of-date. Seeing as a lot of us have been around here for a while, we know the perpetual questions that people frequently ask. It would be cool to involve us by having members submit common questions and answers that they see, and then having someone compile it and format it nicely to go in our FAQ section. Even linking to threads such as kai's playback issues thread or things like that in our FAQ would be helpful for visitors and new members I think.

Edit: One more thing....what is that 'view forum polls' thing on the top right corner? Has it ever been used? What is it for? I clicked on it but got a little message telling me that there are currently no polls.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

1st congrats and YAY terra for being promoted!
    2nd bud, is right, SOME games really suck ass but the "3 word story" seemed to be going well...i dont know what happened to it... terra just wondering how about adding a "hokage" title? (rank)? just an idea that came into mind.....

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Adding new titles is something we are currently working with actually. I feel like we have too little of those.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I don't think the naruto titles are that compelling anymore as that show has been going downhill and many of us doesn't hold it in such a high regard as we did before.

I'm thinking, maybe get some more custom titles out there. For example if an admin feels somebody should have a custom title related to something they have done or a title that sort of describes the user. As an example i'll use Kage who most of us know as the lead signature maker and such, giving him the title "Graphics Whore" (don't go on about the choice of title, it's just an example) would give a little spice to the forums.

Having monthly contests where you can win a custom title could also be fun to have. The contests shouldn't be limited to things around the forums, it could be a game someone found on the net and the person with the highest score gets a title. Now this is just a loose suggestion but i do think contests would make the forums a bit more lively.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

i like that idea, how about a game where we acctually dont get banned if we lose?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Hentai Forum.

That place over there........ahh never mind

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

as much as I agree with a hentai forum, we dont really need it. Besides we can find it on our own(which really isnt that difficult) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

R.I.P Captain America.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: Budweineken
    Originally posted by: SK
    I'd like to stop 1 up posts, like the wishing game etc.

~1~
    Those games are not that bad...

But they should have some rules, like one post per person in the whole thread... sometimes you go into those crappy threads and see the same two people going back and forth for 3 pages...
    I'll look into that one.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

That sounds like a hard thing to do. Restricting it to one post per a person in the games, I mean.
    I'm not a big fan of those games either, but if you restrict them, then it won't be a game anymore, will it?

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
    Woops, phrased it wrong [img][/img]. I meant warnings that users get could go away after a while.
    I actaully thing the warning system Gotwoot has right now is fine.

And Congrats, Terra.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I'd really like to see a Hide function for spoilers. The "SPOILER AHEAD" followed by a whole bunch of returns and ultimately everyone sees it anyway trying to get to the next post.

I know some people want to discuss manga knowledge for instance in a series thread without its own forum section or translations before a sub/chapter is released using their language skills.

Animesuki has had spoiler tags since before I ever went to their forums and Lunar has adopted them as well. I think Gotwoot community would benefit tremendously from the addition of this.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Spolier tags would be good actually. A rule saying that Spoiler images has to be linked and not directly posted in the thread would probably benefit the forums greatly. This problems seem to be biggest in the Bleach forum where Manga and Anime are in one, the show is getting big enough so why not split the Bleach forum into one manga and one anime?

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I for one totally agree with the anonymity of the gotwoot moderator.

It provides me with safety.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

On the topic of spoiler tags: That's something I've personally wanted since forever, and it shouldn't be impossible to fix either. I hope.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I would say... Yes to spoiler tags. Yes to keeping mods anonymous (otherwise they would get too much crap and would have trouble participating in regular conversations). No to hentai/nudity (mainly because this board is used by younger kids too. if you absolutely must have it then I'd say make a separate section that's clearly labeled). I've said before that I don't think politics is far from the main purpose this board, but if people want to discuss it foir kicks, then whatever. But I think the mods are definately right to lock the threads when they descend into useless flaming, all the French must die, etc. And I would say yes to the new series topics for the new season, thank for asking Terra, and good luck.

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

I know why animated sigs and avatars are restricted and I can agree with that totally, but some times I really feel that a small, animated sig can't be that annoying...... I think.

On second thought it might not be such a smart choice after all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Sorry, I missed the point of your post.

~1~

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Originally posted by: SK
    Sorry, I missed the point of your post.

~1~
    I was going to suggest having animated avatars, but realised that may be a bad idea and edited my post almost immediately. My bad.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Psyke, your post made me laugh out loud. Those little dancing icons are cute in such an annoying way, lol. I agree though. When I see animated avatars, they're cool for like 10 seconds, and then just distracting. Nice new sig, btw!

Edit: Haha, I'm an ANBU! How ironic.....

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

!!!GotWoot Evaluation!!!

Xan's Suggestions:
    1. Religion topics - I've seen 2 go down for no good reason. I think these should be allowed. I don't see how it is any different than allowing politics topics, which can be just as controversial. If they go downhill, lock them. If they don't, then don't.

2. Separate forums for the Bleach anime and manga - what's annoying is not just the release threads, but any thread in the Bleach forum contains manga spoilers. The only thing for us anime watchers to do is go to the episode discussions or be spoiled. The series is also big/popular enough to deserve 2 threads for it.

3. Spoiler Tags - Do it

Other stuff:
    I like the anonymous mods and have never had a problem with them. I also like the new titles (I still think "Mist Lord" is a bit odd...). Good job with those. I'm all for contests of various sorts, but not like the IK contest. Something like PSJ suggested. I dunno - you go figure it out.

Edit: Noob Survivor sounded like a fun idea. Perhaps something like that? I wasn't here for the first ones, so I don't know how they went.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs