Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Bleach 57

Bleach 57

Originally posted by: XanBcoo
    Originally posted by: yapchagi
    By the way, does anyone know if Ichigo ever released his shikai?
    Where the fuck have you been the past...37 episodes??

I know it now...
    Ichigo's shikai is the Getsuga Tenshou. This is the 1st time he tells us the name of his shikai.

And his bankai, we'll see it in episode 58 for sure.

O and Bleach looks like Yuyu Hakusho. I'm sure manga people know what I'm talking about...
    It's basically the same thing where they fight with the dead (spirit detective or some sort)...
    And about the truth of Ichigo is just like Yusuke in Yuyu Hakusho.
    That's all..I won't say more. coz it'll be spoiler...

Bleach 57

Wouldn't that already be a spoiler for anyone who has seen Yu Yu Hakusho?

Bleach 57

Well depends, when he said that I immedietly thought to the last season of it ::shrugs:: not many people bother to watch it that far but I liked it =P

Bleach 57

O and Bleach looks like Yuyu Hakusho. I'm sure manga people know what I'm talking about...
    It's basically the same thing where they fight with the dead (spirit detective or some sort)...
    And about the truth of Ichigo is just like Yusuke in Yuyu Hakusho.
    That's all..I won't say more. coz it'll be spoiler...
    Kubo started drawing manga in high school, where he was a member of his anime club. It was in high school that he originally wrote his first manga, Zombie Powder, and had a few editions published. Later in his career, Kubo created a new manga, called Bleach, and submitted it to Weekly Shonen Jump in hopes of having it published. Bleach was originally rejected from Weekly Shonen Jump due to similarties to another manga being serialized in the magazine, known as YuYu Hakusho. Although Bleach did extraordinarily well when presented to a control group of readers, Kubo was disheartened by the rejection of his manga. This all changed, however, when Akira Toriyama, creator and artist of the manga Dragon Ball, sent him a letter of reassurance and inspiration. Bleach was eventually serialized by Weekly Shonen Jump, and has currently reached over two hundred chapters.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Bleach 57

I guess Akira Toriyama was more of an inspiration to some manga artists than I had orginally thought, hehe. I had also noticed the similarity in premise for YYH and Bleach, it's funny to read that it was rejected at first for just that reason.

Off topic, does anyone know where to get Zombie Powder? I've seen a page of it before, (the art looks EXACTLY like Bleach's) and it'd be cool to check it out.
    I know it now...
    Ichigo's shikai is the Getsuga Tenshou. This is the 1st time he tells us the name of his shikai.
    No, his shikai is the form of the sword itself. The Getsuga Tenshou is the ability he can use when Zangetsu is in the Shikai state.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Bleach 57

I still think that the reason he told him the name of the attack was because he realized how to shoot it off his own free will, not because he became more powerful... And that by him telling him his name, and Ichigo knowing the name, the attack would become more powerful...

Remember that Getsuga Tenshou is an attack that absorbs Ichigo's energy, so knowing the name of the attack will increase Ichigo's energy, hence making the attack more powerful...

I mean, when Ichigo learned his soul slayer's name, it wasn't because he became more powerful, by learning its name he became more powerful... So, I think the same system applies here...

If becoming powerful is the requirement to learn stuff from the soul slayer, then Zaraki wouldn't have any trouble learning more from his.. but as we have seen, the deciding factor is something else...