Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

Today I learned...

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    Deadfire, if you do computer repair work, but don't have a job....check out
    www.computerrepair.com

They contact people whenever someone needs something fixed, and if you respond before other people do, you get the job. Then you can do some usually simple task like install a router, and get paid $60+

Wilik and I tried it out over the summer [img][/img]
    if i understand correctly, basically you sign up with them as a provider, people goto the site and make requests to have something fixed, then contact you? how much money did you make over the summer with this?

Today I learned...

I think alot of people are directed through the site via compUSA....like if they buy a router or something.
    I've gotten multiple requests, but only dealt with one client.....a few times.....so i got maybe $125 from just a few trips. It depends on your area though. Wilik I think was making $60-$100 a day on just installing routers and simple stuff like that.

It helps to have a cell phone with SMS so you can respond faster to requests.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Today I learned...

what's SMS?

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Today I learned...

Alright gentlemen, if you want to chit-chat, at least try to stay on topic and post something you learned too.

@ basey: I'm loving the diagram!

Today I learned how to change the spacing between letters in photoshop.

Today I learned...

@mage SMS = Short message service. Text messages on mobil/cellphone.

Today I learned to install lights, place cables and light switches (at least like as an expert)

Today I learned...

Today I learned that Charlie Chaplin movies are fairly enjoyable, better than I expected... Been watching some Charlie Chaplin on my history class...

Today I learned...

But my posts are attempts to further educate people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

BTW kitkat, the space between letters is known as "kerning"
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Today I learned...

and the space in between letters for whole paragraphs is called "tracking" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

today i learned that airport security explored the option of x-raying people they can walk through instead of a metal detector. the unpopularity of that idea was because the x-ray pretty much only saw through your clothing. < insert sarcasm here > i cannot possibly imagine why this idea never hit off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Today I learned...

Though I can't say what I learned today, because its probably going to be politically sensitive, let it be known that I learnt it the hard way. Humiliatingly hard that is.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

Today I learned...

That there is a new version of PHPBB out that fixes the errors and bugs that i hated so much is out!!!

Now if only the People of the Forums i admin would allow me to update them
    image fail!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

Today I learned...

I learned that activedirectory controlled subnets don't play nicely with other nt domains, and that my life is thus a great deal more complicated than it needs to be.

Today I learned...

today i learned that talking about wheelchairs and a kid in a wheelchair hears it and misunderstands can be very guilty

to Saberfire... I would

Today I learned...

I learned today that EB over sold about 3000 pre-orders for the X-box 360 here in Canada... thats going to be 3000 MAD PEOPLE!!!!! come Nov. 22

Good thing my work (read above) hasn't and will have lots to sell

I also learned that the new X-box has only a 90 day warrenty on it.... this equals a huge problem I'm going to run in to about 91 days after it will go something like this

Random Person: My X-box broke can you fix it
    Myself: Yes I can, but do you have a extended warrenty or a PRP (Best buy's Performance Replacement Plan it equals the fact I go to the media department and give him a new X-Box once his breaks)

RP: No I never buy those things, they are a joke a idiot buys them
    me: well sir, It's over the 90 warrenty mark so I do need to charge you for the repairs

RP: WHAT!!!! thats not right noone said it had only a 90 day warrently
    Me: Someone told you when you bought it, it's printed on the price tag, it's printed 3 times on the box, twice inside the box and you need to register online for this 90 day warrenty because it tells you it is only that long

RP: well, I didn't know!
    Me: Really?....(Can you frecken READ!)

RP: so I demand you fix it for Free
    Me; Sir, I'm paid to work on units that are paid for..I don't work for free, now if you don't want to pay for these repairs you could either buy a new one or find a person to fix high end electronics for you (Jesus comes to mind)

RP: well it shouldn't have broke you guys sold me a bad console i want a new one for free.
    Me: Sir, there is no way we could have forced you to buy that product, and plus it's a mass-produced product that could break -down at anytime anyhow. Thats exactly why i have a job.. (If things didn't break I wouldn't have a job and would not be here to help you fix your console because your a idiot that could have gotten some thing for like $20 that exists for this sole reason!!!!!, It appears Smart people are idiots!)

RP: I want to see your manger your not helping me at all
    Me: Thats because i can't nor can he
    RP: well best buy is a big company if they want my money they will fix this X-box (this is funny because not only does he say that we are a big company, but he says my money"

Me: Sir, Did Best buy make it?
    RP: no

Me: Did Best buy watch it checked for errors?

Me: Did we watch it get on the truck to come here?

Me: So how in god's name are you thinking that we had any part in causing problem with your unit that would make us fix it for free?
    RP: Well I know who I'm not shopping with now

Me: Thats good sir, that still doesn't solve your problem

(this is a usaul conversion with people that just don't think)

Hope someone learned this today!!!
    image fail!

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Today I learned...

Oh, Deadfire, and I thought I was the only person who ever worked in a Best Buy and knew how really stupid people with lots of money really are.

Myself: I'm sorry that you don't like the camera, and that you dropped it in the beach in St. Maarten's, but I really can't take it back. No, no the manufacuterer won't replace it. No, no we won't either. No, sorry, you'll just have to buy a new camera. We have a very durable and easy to use Canon.... Please sir, don't yell at me. I just work her. No, I know it's not fair. I can't do a damn thing about it... Yes, yes you can speak to a supervisor. I am the supervisor. Yes, yes I'm just a kid. Yes, yes sir you're correct. It sucks. Please stop yelling.

Excuse me, you over there, were you looking at one of the new DVD camcorders? Those are a great bargain and....

Anyhow, today I also learned that all you need to do to get on a person's nerves is look at them for really long (while not saying a word) it really starts to infuriate people after the first 20 minutes. I also learned that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence, if on the other side of the fence is a industrial strength mall parking lot.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Today I learned...

I guess I just learned that in the working world, the customer is always...a moron [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I also learned that for some reason, when used in an AMV, any song can sound good.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

to Saberfire... I would

Today I learned...

Originally posted by: XanBcoo
    I guess I just learned that in the working world, the customer is always...a moron [img][/img]

I also learned that for some reason, when used in an AMV, any song can sound good.
    Not in all cases as some of the best ideas I've gotten were from so very good and friendly people, It just depends on how bad the person views you or the company you work for

As well I need to point out some people will hate you for no reason at all
    image fail!

Today I learned...

true some people will just hate you if you don't help them give what they want

Today I learned...

loli worked at best buy and i did almost you exact same job, except i was more of a customer service guy. some idiot brought a plasma TV back 1 day after purchasing it and tell me, "this product was defective, i want a new one"

heres how my story went
    Dude: i need a new plasma television
    Me: Sir, i'm sorry but what is wrong with it?
    Dude: when i plug it in, i dont get any channels
    Me: sir, do you have a cable or satalite provider (GOD THIS GUY IS STUPID)
    Dude: of course, i use IO
    Me: does the TV turn on?
    Dude: yes
    Me: then theres nothing wrong with your TV, did you connect your cable box to the TV?
    Dude: wait, isnt it wireless?
    at this point i was half thinking "this guy is a fuckin idiot" while half laughing my ass off signaling to my co-worker telling him how hilarious this is.
    Me: no you have to connect it yourself
    Dude: well can you do it for me?
    Me: no i cant go to your house to do it for you
    Dude: but, why not? best buy sold me this TV they should set it up for us too!
    Me: i'm sorry sir, but best buy isnt your cable provider, you'll have to talk to them
    Dude: whats their number?
    Me: you'll have to find out on your own
    Dude: wait, so do i get a new TV?
    Me: no...
    Dude: why not?
    Me: because yours works...whether you get another one, the result will be the same until you plug your cable box wires in.
    Dude: are you sure? i heard there are these new wireless routers that work all throughout the house...
    Me: thats for a computer
    Dude: wait why cant i get a new one? its within warrenty
    Me: because its not broken
    by now the huge line behind him is starting to get rowdy because my co woker was too lazy to work so he pointed everyone in my direction (bastard)
    Dude: but if its in the warenty i should be able to get a new one
    Me: sir you'll have to read the warenty on your own, it never says you can trade yours in for a new one at any given time, there are special conditions
    Dude: what are they?
    Me: you'll have to read your warenty
    then some dude on the line shouts out
    random guy: GO ALREADY, YOUR NOT GETTING YOUR FUCKING NEW TV, GET IN YOUR CAR AND CALL UR MOM TO HELP SET UP!
    at this moment i closed my line and started cracking up leaving the only other guy handling problems with a huge ass line while my other co-worker and i got lunch.

THE END

oh and i quit my job at best buy 2 weeks after and got a job at blockbuster.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

to Saberfire... I would

Today I learned...

I think this begs for a new thread!!
    image fail!

Today I learned...

Last week I learned that you shouldn't tell other people when you are making a fake parking permit for school. And you'll get suspended if you do. No matter how good the pass was.