Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

Today I learned...

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    today i learned that 1 GHz in a centrino laptop is = to 1.5 GHz in a pentium 4....very valuable for my laptop purcahsing.
    I don't recall there ever existing a 1 GHz Pentium M. Generally a Pentium M will be equivalent to a Pentium 4 that's about double the clock speed. The 1.73 GHz Pentium M can match pretty much any Pentium 4 on the market.

Today I learned...

lol i just ordered my core duo yesterday.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Today I learned...

Dude you get a Dell? They have a pretty good sale on some Core Duo laptop right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian
    ohh cool topic KitKat!!

Today...I learned the word "ROFLCOPTER." I find it intriguing how people came up with that term.
    What does the word ROFLCOPTER mean? And today I learned that if you make loud noises with a plastic bag, your younger brothers gunei pig will run blindly around its cage hitting itself countless times adn won't stop until I put the bag down.
    Oh and kool topic KitKat. =)
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Today I learned that

If you ask someone to REP you because they like what you have posted then it falls under the category of "soliciting rep."

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...=11243&page=24

Some guidelines:
    Try to give out more positive reputation hits than negative ones.
    No soliciting rep hits.
    Don't take it too seriously.
    Leave comments with your rep hits.
    How about you follow your own guidelines and Dont take it too seriously.
    Last edited by Jadugar; Sun, 03-12-2006 at 07:38 PM.

today I learn ^^^ man have panties all twisted up.

Take two of these muchachos and call us in the morning. Yeah, call us, we'll be drunk.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    see, the thing is, if we let you spam up the forums with constant rep-begging, it'll go the exact opposite direction from where we want it to go.

The point of the system is to encourage and reward good posting. Inherently, asking for rep is bad. It degrades the content of your post ... it's like slapping a big flash-animation banner ad in the middle of what could otherwise be good material.

If you're asking for rep, you're taking it too seriously!

Well, uh.......Today I learned that there was a thread full of Naruto Hentai, and I was overjoyed, about 50% of the hentai was thanks to Jadugar, and I think he deserved some rep. I learned this was solicting rep....? o.0 Wha....

But ya...Whatever....Rulez are rulez....

Someone just jumped the gun. I would never go as low as to ask/beg someone to rep me.
    I was just pointing him in the right direction. This system is fairly new.

I never asked previously when we were on Fuse talk for someome to do my user rating and that was b/w 7-8 with more than 30 votes.

People would rep me if they like what I post not because I ask them.

Anyway. blah blah blah I will follow the rules. OK UNDERSTOOD.

Well, anywayz, Today I learnt that my younger brothers rabbit doesn't like bright flashlights shined in its eyes and will continously run around its cage while hitting itself countless times until the light dissappears.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Tue, 03-14-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Well, anywayz, Today I learnt throwing my younger brothers rabbit doesn't like bright flashlights shined in its eyes and will continously run around its cage while hitting itself countless times until the light dissappears.
    you are sick evil person.

Today I learn that my Waldo (goldfish) died because I feed it too much...

Take two of these muchachos and call us in the morning. Yeah, call us, we'll be drunk.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadugar
    People would rep me if they like what I post not because I ask them.
    That's the idea, see? Now you're getting it! You have learned something from all of this .

Oh yeah, and to get back on topic, I've learned that ... umm ... there's a job posting for a fulltime sysadmin that almost exactly matches my qualifications and is like 2 miles away, but since I don't have a car, that 2 miles is a bit too far.

I never really expected to feel trapped by my lack of transportation... but here I am, and that's what I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by suckitdry
    you are sick evil person.

Today I learn that my Waldo (goldfish) died because I feed it too much...
    Hmm.....I wonder if Gunei pigs and Rabbits work like that.....Lets try it out. =)

Oh, and Today I learned that if I put alot of dust together in a pile and put it in front of my younger brothers computer while hes sleeping that teh dust gets caught in all his fans and makes his graphics card overheat to 91 degrees and made green spots in Battlefield 2 appear on his monitor. =D

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Oh yeah, and to get back on topic, I've learned that ... umm ... there's a job posting for a fulltime sysadmin that almost exactly matches my qualifications and is like 2 miles away, but since I don't have a car, that 2 miles is a bit too far.

I never really expected to feel trapped by my lack of transportation... but here I am, and that's what I've got.
    You should at least have a bicycle. Nothing wrong with biking to work.

^ That is, unless you live someplace where there is a lot of snow in winter. Because as fun as it may seem, riding your bike on a sheet of ice with cars around you is really not.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    yeah, that's the problem.

The place with the job posting is only 2 miles away, but it's 2 miles of bike-unfriendly highway... and beyond that, it's north central Indiana (an hour north of Indy)... snow is definitely hit-or-miss in winter. Winters are typically very cold, and in the 6 of them I've spent here I've seen 3 have more than 2 feet of snow/ice on the ground for a substantial part of the winter. Summers are typically hot and humid, and I'd be hesitant to say that riding a bike a couple miles on the highway when it's 95 with a heat index of 110 is a "good idea"...

But yeah, I don't have a bike anyway. I've been wanting one for a while, but I'm huge, and it's hard to find a bike that claims to be heavy-duty enough to support the sort of giant beast that I am .

today i learned complich8 is fat

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Today I learned that all of these people will be in X3

R.I.P Captain America.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    s'true.

But even if I weren't, I'm also 6'8 and pretty heavily muscled. If I lost every ounce of fat on my body, I'd still weigh around 275.

Actually, I'm a fair bit below my peak weight these days, and I would probably not horribly crush a mountain bike, as long as I didn't try to do anything too stupid (like ... jumping, or hitting curbs hard). But those things are kinda expensive, and campus is more pedestrian-friendly than bike-friendly. I'd probably end up leaving the bike home more often than not anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    Dont take that from him. Just crush his skull into dust with one swipe.

I'd rather be huge then small. Go train and join UFC or King of the Cage.

Power > Everything else

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."