Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by BOARD_of_command
    Today I learned that if October 19 is a Sunday, then October 21 is a Saturday
    How does this work? I'm confused as well
    image fail!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    all I can say is ... wtf?

I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    Umm...what the fuck? Is it of the next year or something?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

im guessing some freak coincedence with the daylight savings thing happening on the same day as the equinox or someting....maybe?

I think it's caused by swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I think it's caused by swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
    They got to you too, eh?

Somewhat related...today I learned that there is actually a little landrover on Mars at the moment. It's been there for a few years, running off of solar power, and has gone a considerable distance to take pictures and analyze dirt 'n rocks. I always knew they had sent one, I just didn't know it was still up there.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Today I learned that just because I work at a hospital doesnt mean I cant get sick

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Ho... Aren't you supposed to be an old acquaintance of MRSA and other jolly good superbugs if you work at a hospital, near the patients?

Yeah, unfortunetly...... Luckly, I get good medical coverage cause I work there

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Today I leared why sweating actually cools you down. Apparently, it's not the act of sweating itself, but the evaporation of the sweat into the atmosphere. The evaporation proceess asorbs heat, taking heat from the body. Now, this is also why a humid day feels so uncomfy. The more humid the air is, the more water is in the atmosphere, so when you sweat the sweat won't likely evaporate, thus no transfer of heat and uncomfort.

I actually learned this awhile ago, but found it fascinating.

to Saberfire... I would
    Today I learned the the largest word ever made that meant something is the following

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleuc ylphenylalanylalanylglutaminyll eucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalanyl phenylalanylvalylprolylphenylal anylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolylglycyli soleucylglutamylglutaminylseryl leucyllysylisoleucylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucy lglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspa rtylalanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylproly lphenylalanylserylaspartylproly lleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonylisoleucyl glutaminylasparaginylalanylthre onylleucylarginylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylgly cylvalylthreonylprolylalanylglu taminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamylmethionylleucy lalanylleucylisoleucylarginylgl utaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolyl isoleucylglycylleucylleucylmeth ionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphenylalan ylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleuc ylaspartylglutamylphenylalanyltyrosylalanylglutami nylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylg lycylvalylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspar tylvalylprolylvalylglutaminylgl utamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanylarginylglutamin ylalanylalanylleucylarginylhist idylasparaginylvalylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylala nylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprol ylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspartylleucylleuc ylarginylglutaminylisoleucylala nylseryltyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreonylt yrosylleucylleucylserylarginyla lanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylaspara ginylarginylalanylalanylleucylp rolylleucylasparaginylhistidylleucylvalylalanyllys ylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasp araginylalanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminylgl ycylphenylalanylglycylisoleucyl serylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalany lalanylisoleucylaspartylalanylg lycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleucylserylglycyls erylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylis oleucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparagi nylisoleucylglutamylprolylgluta myllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvaly lphenylalanylvalylglutaminylpro
    lylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine

It means the "an enzyme consisting of 267 amino acids" or a tryptophan synthetase A protein."Chemical terms should not in my opinion be listed as long words. Many, many compounds are so complex that their names would be horrific and probably beat the ones listed in all known sources. It is exceedingly hard to reconstruct the correct structure from the name, and many attempts are made to automate the process from structure to name and vice versa. To have the longest word, it would only require finding a larger protein, and as proteins are discovered at a rate of hundreds to thousands per week it wouldn't be sporty to accept those names as 'words.' Similar spelling-out for DNA sequences would yield even longer words as the DNA is continous for up to several hundred million bases where each base would be named something like 'uracilphosphate.'"
    image fail!

all I can say is ... wtf?

I don't buy it.
    Umm...what the fuck? Is it of the next year or something?
    im guessing some freak coincedence with the daylight savings thing happening on the same day as the equinox or someting....maybe?
    I apologize for the mass confusion I caused. It wasn't supposed to make sense because it was a typo of some sort I saw on a document.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    Today I learned the the largest word ever made that meant something is the following

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleuc ylphenylalanylalanylglutaminyll eucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalanyl phenylalanylvalylprolylphenylal anylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolylglycyli soleucylglutamylglutaminylseryl leucyllysylisoleucylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucy lglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspa rtylalanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylproly lphenylalanylserylaspartylproly lleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonylisoleucyl glutaminylasparaginylalanylthre onylleucylarginylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylgly cylvalylthreonylprolylalanylglu taminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamylmethionylleucy lalanylleucylisoleucylarginylgl utaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolyl isoleucylglycylleucylleucylmeth ionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphenylalan ylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleuc ylaspartylglutamylphenylalanyltyrosylalanylglutami nylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylg lycylvalylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspar tylvalylprolylvalylglutaminylgl utamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanylarginylglutamin ylalanylalanylleucylarginylhist idylasparaginylvalylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylala nylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprol ylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspartylleucylleuc ylarginylglutaminylisoleucylala nylseryltyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreonylt yrosylleucylleucylserylarginyla lanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylaspara ginylarginylalanylalanylleucylp rolylleucylasparaginylhistidylleucylvalylalanyllys ylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasp araginylalanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminylgl ycylphenylalanylglycylisoleucyl serylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalany lalanylisoleucylaspartylalanylg lycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleucylserylglycyls erylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylis oleucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparagi nylisoleucylglutamylprolylgluta myllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvaly lphenylalanylvalylglutaminylpro
    lylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine

It means the "an enzyme consisting of 267 amino acids" or a tryptophan synthetase A protein."Chemical terms should not in my opinion be listed as long words. Many, many compounds are so complex that their names would be horrific and probably beat the ones listed in all known sources. It is exceedingly hard to reconstruct the correct structure from the name, and many attempts are made to automate the process from structure to name and vice versa. To have the longest word, it would only require finding a larger protein, and as proteins are discovered at a rate of hundreds to thousands per week it wouldn't be sporty to accept those names as 'words.' Similar spelling-out for DNA sequences would yield even longer words as the DNA is continous for up to several hundred million bases where each base would be named something like 'uracilphosphate.'"
    it looks like you just went like
    reiuhtiuehtbrkfy,tukbfdhgbjkftuirrdfyutewuytruewht uihreui6tyiu5erht6i7ertiyugedwyurfgewugrjhfgtejhgt jhrdbtjhybrjkybtjhrbjhterty

Today I learned the PS3 looks kickass and is coming soon.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtyped
    it looks like you just went like
    reiuhtiuehtbrkfy,tukbfdhgbjkftuirrdfyutewuytruewht uihreui6tyiu5erht6i7ertiyugedwyurfgewugrjhfgtejhgt jhrdbtjhybrjkybtjhrbjhterty
    Do a google search on "an enzyme consisting of 267 amino acids" and you will find I'm not.
    image fail!

Student
    Oh im sorry, you ment
    methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleuc ylphenylalanylalanylglutaminyll eucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalanyl phenylalanylvalylprolylphenylal anylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolylglycyli soleucylglutamylglutaminylseryl leucyl
    you misspelled it you know ^^;;

Today i learned that no matter what, i am always nice to people. Even people i hate untill i turn physical. (Very hard to do)

So woofcat, can I borrow five bucks?
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Today I learned that nothing can refrain a person from beating the shit out of an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskiddo
    Today I learned that nothing can refrain a person from beating the shit out of an idiot.
    I need to learn that... I always refrain from hitting an idiot.