Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1538

Thread: Today I learned...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Of all the things you can drink, canned ice tea (like Lipton Brisk or Arizona) is the worst thing for your teeth. It's not so much the sugar as the variety of additives. It's around twice as bad as any type of cola (Pepsi, Coke, etc), and something on the order of 30 times as bad as coffee or brewed tea.

What was more surprising is the best thing you can drink aside from milk? Root Beer. Coffee and brewed tea are about the same.

(Yeah, I was at the dentist today.)
    This is quite shocking. I love Arizona iced tea.

Your first hint of trouble should have been that this company is from New York, not the state for which it is named.

How's that saying go? "New York City?!?! Get a rope..."

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Carbonated drinks are quite bad because the high acid contents soften the outer layer of your teeth. Thus, the worst thing of all you can ever do is to drink carbonated soft drink and then go brush your teeth right away. It means you will wash off the outer layer of your teeth before it can harden again.

At least if you believe what you learn at the dentist...

My dentist's advice was to just rinse with a drink of water after you drink soda or other carbonated drinks, so that's probably right.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Why do we see divers showering in between their dives? (as in olympic divers etc)

To keep their muscles warm. The temperature difference between the water and the air is enough to cause muscle tightness.

Also, I learned that reheating a pizza+box in a 200 Celcius oven results in a very burnt, and nearly combusting box. Good pizza though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Carbonated drinks are quite bad because the high acid contents soften the outer layer of your teeth. Thus, the worst thing of all you can ever do is to drink carbonated soft drink and then go brush your teeth right away. It means you will wash off the outer layer of your teeth before it can harden again.
    This was the message in a toothpaste television advertisement.

Today I learned that dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

Lol, thats one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Today I learned that the word "democracy" is banned in online chat rooms in China.

Today I learned that in Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum. (Excuse the double post, was not sure whether to make a new post or edit the old one. Please merge if I have broken the rules.)
    Last edited by Assassin; Fri, 08-29-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouch
    Today I learned that in Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum. (Excuse the double post, was not sure whether to make a new post or edit the old one. Please merge if I have broken the rules.)
    Did you learn how punishable an offense it is? Obviously it's not as harsh a punishment as it would be for other prohibited items, like good old cocaine. I wonder how it compares to, say, throwing cigarette butts around.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Today I learned exactly just how easy it is to get access to most people's personal information and then rob them of their identities. Prepare to be disturbed.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...al-hack&page=2

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Today I learned that I haven't posted here in several weeks. It's kind of crazy, really ... that's the first time I've seen that message since we installed vbulletin.

I guess it says something pretty positive about the current staff that nobody's been pestering me about things one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Today I learned that I haven't posted here in several weeks. It's kind of crazy, really ... that's the first time I've seen that message since we installed vbulletin.
    Well I hope this knowledge you've acquired serves you well, complich8
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Today I learned that a psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions.

After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded.

Ironic.

Today I learned that a psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions.

After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe leaving her mentally retarded.

Ironic.
    She should have seen it coming, being in psychology and all. It's also why you need controlled experiments >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitne
    She should have seen it coming, being in psychology and all. It's also why you need controlled experiments >.>
    Hahaha, after reading that, and seeing controlled experiments, I think of shackles.

That's pretty dumb of him, he could have went to see a shrink, he had one living the door next to him.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Ironic.
    Wrong "I" word. I think you're looking "Inevitable".

Oh well, at least her experiment is out there now to teach future students what not to do.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo

Oh well, at least her experiment is out there now to teach future students what not to do.
    I believe it was thomas edison (I may be wrong) who said (as he failed to make the lightbulb work countless times before getting it right):

"I did not fail countless times in attempting to make the lightbulb, rather I succeeded in finding 99 ways how not to make a lightbulb"

Or something like that.

I believe it was thomas edison (I may be wrong) who said (as he failed to make the lightbulb work countless times before getting it right):

"I did not fail countless times in attempting to make the lightbulb, rather I succeeded in finding 99 ways how not to make a lightbulb"

Or something like that.
    Yeah, well she found 1 out of the 99 ways to fail. Too bad there isn't a retry button.

I guess the moral isn't to stop experimenting, it's to take the necessary precautions and foresee the possible consequence of your actions. It isn't, of course, always foreseeable.

So what happened to the guy in the end? Is he in it for manslaughter or murder?