Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Cancelled on 4Kids TV

One Piece Cancelled on 4Kids TV

YES ONE PIECE CANCELLED ON 4KIDS TV

"According to the 4K!ds website, Fox Net, and local Fox listings 4Kids TV is dropping Mew Mew Power and One Piece beginning this Saturday. " - www.animenewsnetwork.com

hope for uncut dvds!

ty psj for this sig

ONE PIECE CANCELLED ON 4KIDS TV

I hope they go bankrupt and lose all their licenses...

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

I sure hope this is true but I'll refrain from celebrating until they officially announce that it's been dropped. The website indeed has removed the showtime of One Piece but not the One Piece page. It could very well be on hold. And it's very weird that they suddenly dropped it when they just announced the merchandise thats coming out. Sorry for being so negative.

About the uncut dvds. No dice. 4kids annouced a long time ago that there will be no uncut dvd's. Sure hope Viz picks it up if they really dropped it. Their dubbing is decent. Though we will probably be stuck with the lame voice actors. =/

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Viz also said that they wouldn't be releasing uncut dvd's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7696

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Assertnfailure says that he'll continue to ignore 4kids and viz and download from Kaizoku fansubs
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Yeah, most of us will do that, but I feel sorry for the idiots that don't know better and end up buying their shitty product.

One Piece & Tokyo Mew Mew Not Canceled (2005-11-23 12:48:29)
    4Kids has informed ICv2 that One Piece and Tokyo Mew Mew have not been cancelled on 4KidsTV. The programs were temporarily removed as part of a mid-season schedule adjustment and are expected to return to the schedule later although 4Kids did not say when. Source: ICv2 [ discuss (13 posts) ]

Originally posted by: Budweineken
    One Piece & Tokyo Mew Mew Not Canceled (2005-11-23 12:48:29)
    4Kids has informed ICv2 that One Piece and Tokyo Mew Mew have not been cancelled on 4KidsTV. The programs were temporarily removed as part of a mid-season schedule adjustment and are expected to return to the schedule later although 4Kids did not say when. Source: ICv2 [ discuss (13 posts) ]
    DAM![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

One year bump? Why on Earth would I do that?

Well...One Piece has been dropped by 4kids!! Yeah, I know what happened last time but this time its different. Last time people just jumped to conclusions because it was removed from the 4kids t.v timeslot. This time its coming directly from a 4kids rep.

It started with an email a AP forum member wrote to a rep asking when/if the dub will be back which has disappeard from the Toonami time slot. The reply was:

4kids rep
    I am sorry to say at this time there are no additional episodes being adapted by 4Kids Entertainment
    So after this, the site admin for Save One Piece decided to contact the rep he/she has contacted before for updates and whatnot to see if it was really cancelled:

Save One Piece admin
    Hello, IM a fan of One Piece and I recently heard a rumor online that 4kids is no longer dubbing/adapting the series. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?... if it is true, I would also like to know why if possible, as well as if another company might pick up the dubbing rights. Thank you for your time.
    The reps reply was:
    4kids rep
    I would recommend that you direct your inquiries to Toei Animation. At this point 4Kids does not plan to adapt any further episodes of the series.
    There you have it. From what the rep wrote it seems pretty clear that One Piece is finally free from 4kids. You happy? I sure am!!

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------

Good riddance. I hate when I recommend OP to people and they are like, "I wanted OP for a while and hated it." I reply, "Dubbed or subbed?" Them, "Dubbed..."Me, "D'OH!"
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That place over there........ahh never mind
    It's like a fucking dream come true. I may finally be able to watch OP dubbed and not have it make me want to die.

But I'll still probably do what Assertn said and just do what I'm doing now.

R.I.P Captain America.

From ANN :

4Kids Cancels One Piece Production (2006-12-06 11:06:38)
    4Kids Marketing Director Roz Nowicki has confirmed that the company will not adapt additional episodes of One Piece. 4Kids has dubbed 104 episodes of the series into English, 78 of which have aired in the United States. Thanks, Daikun, Eric Appleman, and Mark Barbour. Source: Toon Zone
    Last edited by Zati; Wed, 12-06-2006 at 12:38 PM.

^^

So what is the point in repeating what I said 3 posts ago?
    Last edited by Deblas; Wed, 12-06-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Sorry Deblas don't get me wrong I read your post too just thought I'll post the Official statement from ANN.
    Last edited by Zati; Wed, 12-06-2006 at 02:25 PM.

Only 4-kids can take a universally successful long running intellectual property and run it into the ground.

This amuses me to no end, seeing as how one piece is one of the most infamously butchered animes around.

It's amazing for something so marketable and so profitable to fail so badly. I'm guessing that they decided to drop it because they just weren't getting any of the same ratings as other successful anime properties.

I mean the naruto dub isn't perfect but I do give VIZ credit for doing a fairly decent job (especially keeping all the music intact) and that seems to be doing pretty well seeing as cartoon network seems to be playing it nonestop (they had three or four marathons that featured the famous rock lee garra fight).

Failure on this scale is right up there with the PS3 launch. LIke shooting yourself in both legs then swaggering in.

Yes 4Kids are the screwups of the century. OP is arguably more (or at least equally) as popular in Japan as Dragonball was and yet it gets effectively canceled in the US. I thought FUNimation's butchering job was bad but it obviously can't compare to the hack and slash that 4Kids did on OP.

Congratulations, 4Kids! You are morons...

FINALLY.

The 4Kids version is what made me not watch One Piece for a while.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Why do you watch One Piece?

I was told countless times by many members here to watch One Piece, however Cartoon Networks version of One Piece left a scar in my mind of an annoying horribly animated Satuday morning cartoon.

The whos the hottest One Piece girl thread beckoned me to give it a try, I've downloaded the first 30 episodes and am "loving" it.

Its not like Naruto/Bleach, heck, it isn't like any other anime I've ever seen.

Anyway, this thread is made to encourage people to give One Piece a shot.

Throw in any other reasons ya got as well in a post.
    If 4Kids manifestated before me, I would find a gun and murder 4Kids in cold blood. Empty the clip in em.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Thank god is all I have to say. 4kids did a hell of a job butchering a great show.

It's wierd, I coulda sworn I JUST saw a commercial for OP on TV this week too.