Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam: 0079

Mobile Suit Gundam: 0079

I saw no thread on the original Gundam, so I'm creating it... Maybe some mod can sticky it...

Well, to start it off I'll just like to a recent release by Shinsen-subs, with the Lost Episode 15, which they subbed... This episode was not included in the American release, so many of you probably haven't seen it, including me...

http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5B...4E3E0F4%5D.avi.torrent

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

!

This show was never discussed?

Wowzerz.. Well, damn, I dunno. Watching this show (when it first came on Cartoon Network years ago) was one of my first experiences watching a lower quality anime, and for a while i really didn't like it. Then, after a while it started growing on me. I mean, the characters were damn believable, the story interesting and it was one of the few shows I'd seen that didn't feel like it was always trying to over-dramatize everything. They dealt with little things, personal issues and the war unfolded very seriously and kept building steam. I felt like this show was made with some real heavy thought into it.

Besides, its the fucking source of all the other Gundams. This thing is like the Holy Grail of anime. Classic.

@Bud, thanks for the Lost Episode. I didn't even know such a thing existed.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Well that current episode was beyond repair and Tomino-san himself said that it holds little meaning.
    Altho it is nice to know that there are subber groups who are willing to go and release such an old show.
    As for subject i have only seen Trilogy movies but they are pretty good unlike SEED ones with their wierd editing choices.
    Despite old animation Gundam 0079 still holds it's crown as one of the finest products to ever bear Gundam name. It provides quality story, compelling (and not invincible) characters and quite realistic mecha action. No mobile suits are overpowered there, even Gundam itself is not invulnerable.
    New generations of otaku might despise oldschool animation but don't let that fool you. This is a quality show.
    I highly recommend movie Trilogy if you can't get whole series.

Stickied.

Garma's death is still one of the best deaths in all of Gundam.
    It's just too bad that the movie removed the part where his mourning girlfriend tried to avenge him, and got killed aswell.

;_;

Garma went out in a blaze of glory so to speak.
    I guess they had to cut out some stuff for movies, but they left pretty much intact.
    What i really love about the movies that they cut out those ridiculuous Gundam launching and combining sequences. Those were just lame. And Char is one damn good solid character for antagonist.

Yahooo!!! Found Gundam 0079 series on boxtorrent, 9.2 GBs ouch!
    With my might 512kbps DSL connection it will take 4 days lol

Char Aznable > All

Enough said. >_>

Just got all 10 DVDs, Im gonna start watching as soon as I get this pesky physics test out of the way.

went back and watched the condensed movie versions, just for kicks. Goddamn Mirai has got to be the coolest Gundam girl ever who gets almost no props.

Oh, and Kycillia blowing off Gihren's head and him thudding dully against the monitor is such a kickass death.

Finally, don't get AnimeSkyScraper's subs of the movies. Horrid timing, unsubbed text and mediocre sound quality.

enjoying the classics! On to the rewatch of Zeta!

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

How the hell is Mirai cool?(I just finished rewatching the series the other night.) Are you confusing her for Sayla or is she very different in the movies?

dude the girl becomes a battleship operator at the drop of a hat and winds up being the confidant of the ship's captain. Yes she does have her weak points but so does everyone in this series (one of the reasons why it's still the best).

Sayla is probably 'cooler' in that normal this is how you weigh anime characters 'cool sense', but I was just surprised to go back and watch 0079 and see how big of a role Mirai plays when she almost never gets half the attention Sayla or even Frau Bow do. I think I just like the way she composes herself and how she usually manages to get others to stay calm too.

Anyone know where to get this series subbed? I've found it dubbed on box torrents and raw on torrentspy, but nothing else.

Edit: I found it on mininova up to episode 25, but that's it.

Not sure if anyone here has seen or is interested, but recently a fansubbing group started doing releases of the DVD quality original Mobile Suit Gundam. And not those movie compilations, the real episodes. So far they've only done the first couple.

The bad news? It's Nyoro~n doing it... But if they follow the official DVD subtitle translations, even they can't screw it up that bad, right? Right?

http://baka-updates.com/search.php?k...VD)&type=title

Just found out they are doing it.. I've seen ep 1 from them, and It looks to be a good job... video looks good and I didn't see any weird translations..(didn't look for them, though)
    TBH, even if the subs prove to be below avarage/poor, I'm still going to watch it. 0079 is the only Gundam series I didn't see yet. (Apart from the compilation movies). I refuse to watch the dub, no matter how good it is supposed to be.
    So I can only hope that they will continue releasing them. I don't care if it takes a year or 2, as long as they finish it.

kito_joseph
    hey guys do you know where to view some gundam series manga?

Just watched episode 1. Despite its old style, animation is still good enough to watch. And I greatly enjoy the serious tone with consequences that most modern anime lack. Definitely gonna keep watching.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I just started watching Movie 3 because I had some time. Movie 1 and 2 were pretty poor. I'm told that to appreciate 0079 I need to watch the series.. oh well, don't have time. Gonna power through the movies just to get the overall plot then watch Z and ZZ.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Just watched episode 1. Despite its old style, animation is still good enough to watch. And I greatly enjoy the serious tone with consequences that most modern anime lack. Definitely gonna keep watching.
    LOL, I just saw that I already posted here before. Anyway, I just watched episode 24. Somehow I really love this anime but it's also hard for me to binge watch, instead it takes one episode at a time.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Matilda's death was a bit sudden and the reaction was too short-lived compared to the build-up she had before. I would have preferred if Amuro felt a sense of dread about the brutality of their fights now that someone so close to him died so randomly.

Btw. I still don't get it: "Fraw Bow", is that her full name? Her two first names? It's such an ugly name because "Fraw" sounds awfully close to the German "Frau" which means "woman", so it really isn't a cute name lol.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her