Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam: 0083

Mobile Suit Gundam: 0083

any love out there for this series? Its one of my personal favorites plus the GP03 rocks

Well mecha designs in this OVA are very nice and stylish, I loved GP01Fb in Full Vernian mode.
    Also Orchis "Space Fortress Defense Unit" which was ripped in SEED as METEOR.
    Actually Orchis is more powerful as METEOR - it has beam defense field, guided and un guided missiles, extra weaponry for Gundam "Stamen" GP03, beam claws, can be reloaded with just swapping equipment containers.
    METEOR can function as extra gun turret when docked to Eternal though.

I did not liked how Anavel Gato died, that was just plain stupid, and Kou's whining sometimes was annying, i think he was the role model for Kira. Overall nice OVA which sort of fills gap between Gundam 0079 and Zeta.
    Recommeded to any Gundam fan.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Honestly, no, i don't have much love for this series.

It does a good job showing that Zeon was still quite a threat after the One Year War and previous to Zeta, and it has nice undertones about how Axis came about.

Other than that, I really didn't like any of the characters. Anavel Gato being teh sole exception. And something about his name, something about a villain being called the Spanish word for 'Cat' that really doesn't give me much respect for the man. I was always wondering whether his name was some kind of joke or lack of cultural vision or what... And yeah, I thought he was a great character and all, but he really should have died differently. Felt like at the very end of production someone on the staff said, "Umm, ya know, Gato's still alive. What do you want us to do with him?" And someone else just shrugged and said, "Hmm, how about a suicide run on some cruiser? why not?"

Kou, his friend and most of the Earth guys were downright loathable. The music was subpar. The only thing that salvaged it for me was the kickass mecha designs, Gato, and some of the battles.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Yea his death was rather retarded he could have selfdestructed and did mad damage to surounding ships at the least

by the way could someone sticky this topic?

I liked 0083 until after the nuke was used, which is probably around the point the 2nd director took over.

Anavel Gato is perhaps the greatest villain to come out of a gundam series. He is the very epitome of badass and makes the series well worth the watch. Second in line for that title would probably be Char Aznable.

puh-leez, Gato barely holds a candle to Char, what did he do? steal a mobile suit? any of the mongoloid kids in SEED could do that, and then fired a nuclear weapon, what would you expect? and 8th teir character from UC could do that, and thats just what Anavel Gato is, 8th teir, the only thing that made him as mildly significant as he was was that weak-ass love triangle between Nina, Kou and himself. otherwise it could have been any other grunt pilot in those rediculously overpowered units he had throughout the OVA.

What you all think about the new gundam game U.C Climax you can play though the 0083 storyline i hope its alot better than Incounters In Space's Playthough.

Student
    I love physalis :')

hocks64
    does anyone have Stardust Memory? cause can't find it anywhere?

hmm i have it, but ill have to locate it first...

I don't own Stardust Memory whatsoever. I just watched the entire thing on Adult Swim way back when. In any case, the problem with the mecha designs was that they were too powerful. In fact, they were better than some of the designs featured in Zeta Gundam, which is why the last episode had the data deleted on the entire GP series. I mean, the GP-01Fb is one of the most mobile Gundams in UC until around CCA to F-91 era, while the GP-03 Dendrobium Orchis can take out Mobile Armors in the Crossbone Gundam era, mainly due to its powerful ballistic weaponry and the fact that future Mobile Armors are reliant on their I-Fields.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083

WTF?? It is Japanese it looks like though, and it doesnt look as good as the Gundam Seed game : Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow