Page 100 of 253 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Pengou DVD suck ass. I was the first dvd brand my burner failed to make work.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Mine are all still idling around in me. We've got a mutual contract not to annoy each other. If they don't keep me happy, I'll show no mercy, and vice versa.

I've had teeth removed from the orthodontist though, and I was so glad the anesthetics were in full effect. The extracting wasn't painful, but you'd never want to hear the ear-splitting CRACK and the feeling of something wrenched from your jaw again.
    Not to mention the needles. Sharp probing thing squirming around in your mouth.......argh.
    Can't believe I missed this... I did not get my wisdom teeth removed either, but I did get 4 molar removed once (during high school... hmm... back in 1997),so they could fix my teeth...

Two removed first week. Two removed the second week.The horror came when the third one was being removed and it cracked inside, leaving half of the root inside. The doctor had to work for an extra painful hour to fix it. I didn't care I was already 16... I was ready to cry damn it. It was freaking painful to be there, waiting for the damn root to be extracted... it did not compare to have the other 3 molar removed. Sad thing? When he finished taking it out... he still took out the last molar... OW!!! =(

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    What brand are they so we know what not to buy?
    I've thrown the wrapper away. All I can see on the discs are: RITEK INKJET WHITE 8X DVD-R 4.7GB/120MIN

Oh, and did I mention that all 50 discs didn't even come with a spindle? It was all wrapped up with a bottom and top, but no spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Buying the cheapest media is probably never the brightest of ideas. The bigger brands likely try to maintain some sort of consistent quality level but if you intend to buy a good chunk of decent disks for a decent price without wanting to pay extra for the name in the label, then the only wise choice is to buy only media based on the media code. I vaguely remember mentioning Video help here before, but let's say it again: It's a golden site for checking media codes before placing the order.
    I went to that site, and searched for the term RITEK. It turns out a heap of media from varying brands have that word in their media code....does that mean RITEK is a supplier or something?

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Two removed first week. Two removed the second week.
    I had all four molars removed in one go for my treatment. I didn't mind it too much since there wasn't any pain involved with the tooth extraction. What I really REALLY hate is that rack that they put inside your mouth to keep it open and suck saliva out. The tubes that do the sucking are always jammed up against the underside of my mouth near the tongue. I almost cried there. It's that annoying/painful.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I've used Ritek DVD-Rs before, but I didn't have any problems with them. Early on when DVD-Rs first came out they were one of the cheaper options compared to the big name brands that were charging too much per DVD. Nowadays I stick to the major brands like TDK, and Verbatim. I wish blank dual-layer DVDs would get cheaper.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I guess it also depends on your burner. TDK has a good name in my books.I was going to get them, but they weren't on sale, so I looked around for a day or two more. During that time, my dad bought this. I guess I shouldn't bad mouth them too much, 2 stuff ups out of 10 isn't that bad. Just considering the track record of others, it's not that great neither.

What speed are you burning at? I always use slower speeds even though my burner and the disks are rated higher. I've had fewer coasters that way.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I went to that site, and searched for the term RITEK. It turns out a heap of media from varying brands have that word in their media code....does that mean RITEK is a supplier or something?
    I've also had some Ritek DVDs in the past and the disks I got were very good ones. However, notice that the Ritek quality can vary from batch to batch, so check the media code, again, before getting any Ritek. Also, like you noticed yourself, Ritek media is sold under varying names.

The media code actually looks always something like this: "MCC 03RG20"; that is, it's not just the name of the manufactorer but also some code for the batch/factory. If you enter this particular code at Video help and scroll down to Verbatim, you will see what kind of media I bought last time.

Well, anyway, you can use also a program like Nero InfoTool to get the media code from a disk you have already bought. You can do that with those current disks of yours and see what kind of feedback they have got from people. If it's all good, then maybe it's just your drive that's unluckily incompatible with your disks.

Edit: Like Ani, I always burn at a lower speed than my drive / disk max. In fact, I use only 8x speed. My drive max is 20x, I think...

Here's the link with the Media Code:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dv...earch=RITEKG05....

Mine's some forgotten brand with RITEKG05

Looks like I either got a bad combo of burner and media, or I picked something from the "mixed" bunch.

I always wondered why my burner always burns at 8x, even though the media is capable of higher. Nero InfoTool tells me my drive's max is 8x

I only buy MCC004 (Verbatim +R 16x) or TYG02 (Taiyo Yuden Premium -R 8x) when it comes to DVD disks. I haven't had problems with bad disks in the past, but these two are among the more reliable disks out there and I just feel more secure burning these. I always burn at 8x or 12x even though my burner is capable of 18x on the MCC004.

My bitch: new Office 2007 default fonts.

People everywhere use the default Calibri front that comes with Word 2007. I hate it. I always write everything in Times New Roman or Arial because that's how it has been ever since Word 95. Calibri is ugly and hard to read because it's anti-aliased. I like my fonts clear and crisp. It pisses me off when people send me documents and it's written in Calibri.

i love calibri, and cambria >_>, i especially hate times and verdana
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Someone at work threw away my plastic sports bottle when they cleaned out the break room for the night. Why the fuck would you throw something like that away?? Have to go buy a new one now.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Wow, 100 pages and almost 2000 posts of bitching and whining.

That sucks Xan, but you can get those bottles for cheap anywhere. Plus they found that some of them contain carcinogenic plastics, so maybe someone just saved your life.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    It will take me, at most, 20 minutes to go to HEB and buy a new one for about 2 dollars. But that's not the point. Motherfucker threw away my shit because he didn't know what else to do with it .

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

In offices with community refrigerators there's usually a sign up that says to label your stuff or it goes in the trash. Does your office have such a sign, or other such policy that you might have ignored to bring this trouble upon yourself?

Hmmm... this reminded me of my office.

Whenever I leave a plastic bottle on my desk, the cleaning personnel decide to clean my desk and throw them away. Always without fail.

For the last 3 weeks I've left a pen standing up... balanced on the flat tip, and it hasn't fallen once, which signals they have not cleaned in 3 weeks.

Thus... if I wish for them to clean, I must get an empty plastic bottle first.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I believe my company doesn't actually clean my office at all. I've never seen evidence that it's been vacuumed, ever.

I think they've been doing other offices, but skipping mine because it's a sysadmin office (and thus always dark, with cables and random old computers in various states of disassembly strewn about the place). But still!

I wouldn't mind if they vacuumed around that crap!

Is your office secured while other offices are not? We had that problem at my office since we had a lot of sensitive and expensive IT equipment unsecured, so we locked the office and the cleaning crew didn't have a key. We cleaned up the room ourselves as we could, but that meant no vacuuming or dusting for weeks at a time. I preferred it to thinking someone had been through my work area though. I'm territorial that way.

The company I work is about Telephony and Internet services (mind you... the internet is really bad...). So their 'IT' area is currently on a basement... no special security. Laptops have been stolen several times when the owners idiotically forgot to attach them to the security cables (whatever they are called), lock them up or take them home...

I always lock mine whenever I go out to lunch... people mock me (Process area), but whatever. Im not having that thing stolen from me...

This inconsiderate korean chick ashed her gigarette on me...twice and didnt say shit. I almost flipped my lid, and called her all kinds of names, cause she tried to pretend like she didn't do anything. I kind of wanted to throw water in her face...sadly this has happened before, and if it happens again, i may really flip out and curse someone out.

Maybe she was trying to flirt with you. More likely she was disrespecting you because you're "not from 'round here, are ya fellar?"

If anyone does that again, I'm throwing water on them.