Page 113 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Don't be racist, Abdula
    Who is being racist. What you don't think black people play ultimate frisbee

I just think you slicing your hand open while climbing a wire fence to go play ultimate, is hilarious. I can't be the only one.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    This isn't technically on topic, but it's related. A lot of the time, when something really annoys or upsets me, I compose a post for this thread in my head. I plan out everything I'm going to type whenever I get back to my computer, and all the things that I wish I could say to certain people but can't, and then I imagine all of my gotwoot friends reading my post and being sympathetic to my plight, because even if nobody else understands my frustration, you guys will. (Well, maybe not, but I like to think that you will.) Most of the time, when I get home I forget to post it, or just never get around to it. But it makes me feel better to compose the post, regardless. I know, I'm weird and it's strange, but I thought I'd share.

the writing to the drawer thing, it's a well known clinical therapy method.
    you don't actually need to send the letter to the person who got on your nerves, you just need to say it to someone\something.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    So i didn't get to goto lunch and had to resort to eating a vending machine cinnamon roll for sustinance.
    well, if the car repairs end up costing more, you might have to eat all your launches from a vending machine.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Who is being racist. What you don't think black people play ultimate frisbee

I just think you slicing your hand open while climbing a wire fence to go play ultimate, is hilarious. I can't be the only one.
    I was joking about the fence thing and how it'd be ironic for you to be racist in pointing it out.

@Itadakimasu: Should've got a AAA membership...they'll tow for free.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    yeah...

2 block tow = $109 + whatever they charge for 2-3 blocks. Maybe I will sign up for AAA.

i'd rather somebody have stolen my car or completely trashed it instead so i can get a new one

One morning my car wouldn't start, so I hitched a ride to work, signed up for AAA (it was like, $50 or less), then called them the same day and had my car towed. Worked really well, actually...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Okay.

My bitch starts and ends at work.

You probably don't know this (because I forgot to tell everyone - as if you cared anyway), but I've recently been employed by Kmart. I've been training on the register for the past week or so, and have been on my own for another few days. I've had a relatively easy time of it so far. Well, until today.

This story starts with a co-worker of mine asking me if I minded working for him Saturday (today) from 5-10. Being the nice guy I am, I accepted, and we made the necessary arrangements with the supervisors. So today comes along, and while I'm not completely enthused by losing a quarter of my Saturday, I'm still relatively okay with everything. I walk in, meet with the supervisors, who again clear everything, and I clock in. I swear, as soon as I turned on my register's light, people just frickin' FLOCKED to me like flies on shit. No lie.

At this point, my attitude's kind of spiraling down, but I still try to keep my spirits up and hope dearly that the day ends swiftly, and that after this round of customers, I could relax for a bit.

Clearly, I was wrong as all hell.

Okay, so I've covered my part of the bitch, but that still leaves the guy who asked me in and the girl who's working as the only other cashier tonight.

I'll start with the guy I switched with; I come in, and he's in the store, because he didn't expect me to show. That's the first dick move. After I get settled with the first round of customers, he comes up to me and asks if I worked tomorrow. Conversation went as follows:

"Hey, you working tomorrow?"
    "No, I don't think so... why?
    "...Think you'd like to come in tomorrow?"

Son of a bitch. Second dick move.

Needless to say, I decline and get back to work, because there's another fifteen customers coming my way.

Now for the really shitty part: the other cashier? Wasn't doing SHIT. Whenever I actually saw her running her register, she was taking one or two customers, while I was left to deal with the other thirteen. Worst of all were the times she WASN'T there (most of the time), when I still had to deal with the incessant lines. At about 7:30, when my shift is half-over, I finally catch up to the wretched line and happily jump at my supervisor's advice to take my 15-minute break. When that's over, I'm back at my register, and everything is still calm.

Wait another three minutes, and there's the line again, with no help from the other cashier.

And all of that isn't even taking the irrational customers into account.

For instance, there was this one lady who had at least fifteen plants in her cart, and when she gave them to me so that I could scan them, she just left them there on my counter, allowing me no room to move or put anything. Finally, one of the other people in her party gain enough sense to move the damn things out of my way.

Then there was a man and his wife, buying crap that they thought were on sale (I think they probably were, too), but the deal wasn't showing up on my register. So the guy goes ballistic and pretty much tells me where to stick it. But he has more items that he needs checked out, so I move on to the next item on the list. Mistake on my part because I was already frazzled and ready to snap: I forgot to void the rest of the crap out. So the guy pretty much explodes when I tell him the new total, so I walk away and ask the supervisor how to void all. She tells me, I void, and I find only the wife at the counter, because the man had gone to check prices. More likely is that he decided to go smoke some weed, because when he got back, he was much much calmer than before. I ring all the items again and get them out of my line, apologizing the whole way through.

So, after almost four hours of this, my supervisor finally calls the chick over to do something and allows me to do some returns. I finish the first cart-full of returns, and when I get back to the front of the store, there's only three or four customers in her line. That was a bitch to see. Here I am, trying to do fifteen things at once, and then she comes and finally does something, and she has it all easy! After I get almost done with the second cart of returns, I get called back to my register, and it starts all over again. Fifteen minutes of line passes and I get back to my returns, and after I'm done with them, I am told to go bring the carts back from outside, where all the stupid douches leave them. I do this, and by the time I'm done, it's time to close. I couldn't have been more relieved as I closed out the register.

And for all the bitching I did, I do have to say that I felt rather satisfied to find the huge stack of bills in the register (even though I know I'm only making about 1/20 of that back in my paycheck).

What a fucking adventure. I'm not closing for someone else ever again. Period.
    Now 99% disease free!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I've got a huge ass rash that's pretty much all over me except half of my arms and my face(thankfully my face is untouched). It's worst on my thighs and knees. It started off being itchy last night, but there was no sign of redness except on the undersides of my arms and my chest. I thought that was because I wiped myself too vigorously with a wet cloth before, so I dismissed it. In the morning, I felt really itchy again, but still no obvious redness, or so I though since I was half asleep. I felt like shit all day (general listlessness), and when I got home, I took off my pants and walah, I'm met with bright red legs with irregular patches of white.

I took some antihistamines and was going to wait if out for a day or two, but I was eventually convinced to see the doctor. We couldn't find anything wrong with me that would indicate something like measles or some other infection, so we think it may be a food allergy. Exactly what it is, I'm not sure. Allergic reactions can take up to 1-2 days before it really flares up.

The only real thing I can think of was that I had a few drinks yesterday evening.

It would suck if I developed an allergic reaction to alcohol.
    Got better, and decided to test it again with the same beer.

It was the beer.

Pity, because it was one of the best I've had.

Next I'll have to test a different brand of beer, then a different form of alcohol all together to find out exactly what I'm allergic to.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Damn. Hope you don't have to give up beer for good. It'd be a shame if you couldn't post any drunk ramblings on GW. Of course, we'd still have Paulyboy.
    Now 99% disease free!

Quote Originally Posted by python862
    Okay.

You probably don't know this (because I forgot to tell everyone - as if you cared anyway), but I've recently been employed by Kmart. I've been training on the register for the past week or so, and have been on my own for another few days. I've had a relatively easy time of it so far. Well, until today.

This story starts with a co-worker of mine asking me if I minded working for him Saturday (today) from 5-10. Being the nice guy I am, I accepted, and we made the necessary arrangements with the supervisors. So today comes along, and while I'm not completely enthused by losing a quarter of my Saturday, I'm still relatively okay with everything. I walk in, meet with the supervisors, who again clear everything, and I clock in. I swear, as soon as I turned on my register's light, people just frickin' FLOCKED to me like flies on shit. No lie.

At this point, my attitude's kind of spiraling down, but I still try to keep my spirits up and hope dearly that the day ends swiftly, and that after this round of customers, I could relax for a bit.

Okay, so I've covered my part of the bitch, but that still leaves the guy who asked me in and the girl who's working as the only other cashier tonight.

I'll start with the guy I switched with; I come in, and he's in the store, because he didn't expect me to show. That's the first dick move. After I get settled with the first round of customers, he comes up to me and asks if I worked tomorrow. Conversation went as follows:

Needless to say, I decline and get back to work, because there's another fifteen customers coming my way.

Now for the really shitty part: the other cashier? Wasn't doing SHIT. Whenever I actually saw her running her register, she was taking one or two customers, while I was left to deal with the other thirteen. Worst of all were the times she WASN'T there (most of the time), when I still had to deal with the incessant lines. At about 7:30, when my shift is half-over, I finally catch up to the wretched line and happily jump at my supervisor's advice to take my 15-minute break. When that's over, I'm back at my register, and everything is still calm.

Wait another three minutes, and there's the line again, with no help from the other cashier.

For instance, there was this one lady who had at least fifteen plants in her cart, and when she gave them to me so that I could scan them, she just left them there on my counter, allowing me no room to move or put anything. Finally, one of the other people in her party gain enough sense to move the damn things out of my way.

Then there was a man and his wife, buying crap that they thought were on sale (I think they probably were, too), but the deal wasn't showing up on my register. So the guy goes ballistic and pretty much tells me where to stick it. But he has more items that he needs checked out, so I move on to the next item on the list. Mistake on my part because I was already frazzled and ready to snap: I forgot to void the rest of the crap out. So the guy pretty much explodes when I tell him the new total, so I walk away and ask the supervisor how to void all. She tells me, I void, and I find only the wife at the counter, because the man had gone to check prices. More likely is that he decided to go smoke some weed, because when he got back, he was much much calmer than before. I ring all the items again and get them out of my line, apologizing the whole way through.

So, after almost four hours of this, my supervisor finally calls the chick over to do something and allows me to do some returns. I finish the first cart-full of returns, and when I get back to the front of the store, there's only three or four customers in her line. That was a bitch to see. Here I am, trying to do fifteen things at once, and then she comes and finally does something, and she has it all easy! After I get almost done with the second cart of returns, I get called back to my register, and it starts all over again. Fifteen minutes of line passes and I get back to my returns, and after I'm done with them, I am told to go bring the carts back from outside, where all the stupid douches leave them. I do this, and by the time I'm done, it's time to close. I couldn't have been more relieved as I closed out the register.

And for all the bitching I did, I do have to say that I felt rather satisfied to find the huge stack of bills in the register (even though I know I'm only making about 1/20 of that back in my paycheck).

Oh the joys of working register. How I don't miss those days.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by python862
    Okay.

Got around to reading that one....wow.

I work at the back for my pizza job, but I have front shop work for chemist experience. I feel you pain.

So the guy who called you there didn't think you'd show, so he came anyway, and asked for you to do his next shift? Haha. What made him think you'd show up for that?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Absolutely no clue. I guess he just thought he'd ask.
    Now 99% disease free!

I can;t believe it cost 500 yen to play street fighter four...It was tempting, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money to get my ass kicked in an arcade game....

500 yen! idk how much that is in US dollars....

So, they patched World of warcraft last night or this morning.... and i was reading up on the changes and it seemed good at first.

but i just found a new talant calculator and itl looks like they completely raped the paladin and im going to have to spend alot of time tweaking and completely altering my play style that i've gotten used to.

they also changed mana costs on some things, one spell holy shock is like 450-500 mana and they changed it to 27% of base mana, and if i have 3800 mana thats like 1050 mana... lame

Or you can go ret. Ret pallies were so fucking imba, on beta.

It turned out to not be bad... I went holy! w\ about 10-12 points in prot to get blessing of kings, and stoicism.

But my fear of mana being raised was wrong... everything I have was decreased!

plus, a few of my spells went to instant cast and lower cooldowns. I was raping mobs of undead when i discovered that i also heal for 3000+ now, when yesterday I was healing for 1800 crit ! rawwwr

retribution aura also does 48dmg now where it was doing 20... i got a few new abilities too. got one that cuts mana costs in half for 15 seconds w\ 3 minute cooldown... this would be great for healing since there is no cooldown

Also got a haircut ! LOL cost 4g, i wanted a mohawk but it wasn't available so I got spikey yellow/orange hair that looks like super saiyan vegeta hair from DBGT (since its kinda short... very cool though )

Mmm, still waiting for my cousin to give me the password to my account which he was using while I took a hiatus to play WH.

Need to see how this shit looks on my fat cow.

I bought some hard drives back in june for work off ebay. There were 8 in total from 2 different auctions. a main reason for buying them was that they promised a 50% or more discount on shipping since one auction was $28 (high already) and the other 27.50.
    Anyhow, total purchase was over $900. I needed the drives fast so 5 days after buying I was seeing if they'd shipped.

I called and this guy pretended like he was looking at my information and told me they had shipped 2 days prior.. then 2-3 days later on the weekend I got an email that a shipping label had been made. Lie #1.

Then get the drives like 3 weeks after buying them.. dont actually use them for another couple weeks to find that they might not even be new like they were supposed to be. 2 of them are DOA, so i contact the seller and they say to send them in for RMA.. i do this, out of my pocket.

They get the drives... wait 2 weeks.. "your rma is processed, drives will ship in 2-3 days" ok cool... until a month goes by and i email them... we'll get you a tracking number... nother week goes by, email again.. The owner of the company tells me he found a problem and the rma wasn't processed but the drives will be out in the next week, sorry for the wait. lies... all lies..

I would be more mad if my company hadn't re-imbursed me for the drives.... but still on principality i have to be mad at this worm. They pretend like they're a legit business when emailing and even when i call ( and the owner is unavailable )

I have 2 addresses for them, I google mapped both. One is an apartment complex and the other is a house... but on their website they have a picture of a tiny storefront that says computer repair... seriously.. wtf.

I told the guy that i ran a better ebay business out of the bedroom in my parents house, where i no longer live and he didn't seem to find that as funny or true as I did.

definately my worst ebay experience ever.

You just can't win, man. Buying hard drives from eBay? It's like you're asking to be screwed over just so you have something to post here.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

You have to understand, Animeniax, that Itadakimasu buys even his bread and cheese from ebay. It's no coincidence what he entered as his location.

Seriously, though, I believe he knew the risks as well as anybody but just decided to try and see. Quite a gamble but this world is full of gamblers.