Page 142 of 253 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 5058

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Option 4 includes showing up to office hours with swine flu, coughing all over the professor, and riding out the rest of the semester confident that he won't punish you for missing classes he himself could not attend.
    I did that before, sort of. The nurse didn't believe that I was sick and didn't want to give me meds or a pass slip. So then I coughed a loogie into a box of bandages on her shelf and she had to throw away the entire box to ensure sterility. Dumb b*tch.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

It took 3 hours to get from Markham back to Kitchener tonight. Traffic was backed up on the 401 heading West from Highway 25 all the way to Highway 6....it's about 20km between the 2 exits and it took over 1.5 hours. It was brutal, to say the least.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    What, you're an Ontarian, fahoumh? That makes 5 of us now. Not a bad representation.

And on topic: I went to Home Depot yesterday to get some paint, because my roommate and I have been painting our new house but ran out. It turns out that that particular Home Depot is the only one in the whole lower mainland of BC that doesn't carry the particular paint we needed. Laaaame.

I've been an Ontarian all my life, KitKat. Who else besides us is from Ontario? And that particular store being the only one not to carry your paint in that whole area is hella lame.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I took my wife to the hospital a couple of weeks ago because she was having trouble breathing + numbness.... and the last time it happened they said one of her lungs wasn't really working so we went to the hospital.

They said "the estimated bill is $350" ok... coool... i thought it would be higher. they had us pay just $50 at the time...

SO... today we get a bill from them for $1050 !!! WTF! it's actually like $1700 and they've added a "discount" of $500+ and doesn't say why... But how do you go from $350 to $1050? that's 1050 is 3 time 350. If you give somebody an estimate, at least make it close.

had they told me my estimated bill was $1000 i would have been like... damn... and been ready to receive a $1000 bill in the mail. BASTARDS!@

Maybe you have to submit an insurance claim to cover some of the costs of the testing?

There are so many hot girls on campus, but if you act friendly or try to be helpful to any of them, they all think you're looking for love and act snooty or unfriendly in return. Sigh, it sucks being a nice guy.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Then confront them with their fucking attitude, you don't have to put up with that shit.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Then confront them with their fucking attitude, you don't have to put up with that shit.
    Well, to be honest, I would actually like to hook up with each and every one of them. It's not like I'm going out of my way to help out chunky ugly girls, so really it's my own fault for the most part.

Thanks for the support though.

Both of my OS's on my main computer stopped working, no repair/system restore options seem to help. I guess I have to reinstall. Does anyone know if "Windows server 2008" starts loading forever when the expiration date is exceeded? (it is a trial). I think it expired a week ago.. Other than that nothing had really changed recently on it.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Suddenlink just warned me against copyright violations for downloading an episode of Requiem of the Phantom. They did this before a few years ago, when I had the new War of the Worlds movie on my hard drive.

This ever happened to anyone else?
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Yeah a buddy of mine got a notice from his ISP when he was sharing Star Wars Episode I on newsgroups a few years back. Apparently LucasFilm was actively checking sites for the users sharing this movie and having the ISPs issue warnings to the offenders to cease and desist.

He stopped sharing the file, nothing else happened.

This dude I know has been getting DMCA notices lately for downloading Queen's Blade. His ISP (Qwest), actually terminated his internet access because of it.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    Suddenlink just warned me against copyright violations for downloading an episode of Requiem of the Phantom. They did this before a few years ago, when I had the new War of the Worlds movie on my hard drive.

This ever happened to anyone else?
    Which tracker was the torrent from, as well as the episode?

They've been doing it to CANAAN recently, and Kara no Kyoukai a while back. All I can suggest is if you know your ISP is bitchy about this stuff to use DDL sites:

http://www.fansub.tv/
    http://www.animetake.com/
    http://www.lolipower.org/
    http://kuroba.net/

/deletes Phantom 23 torrent and downloads from above site.

edit: lol, just learnt Phantom is licensed by Funimation. Explains the aggressiveness.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 09-05-2009 at 07:34 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I should have been clear. It was episode 2, I downloaded it from Nyaatorrents. I just read about the Funimation acquisition so I won't worry about it anymore. I will try the DDL sites, for some reason I just never got anything from them.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

just guard yourselves with peer-guardian while downloading from torrents...
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    just guard yourselves with peer-guardian while downloading from torrents...
    They can just get the information (ie your IP) from the tracker. As for whether that's enough for them to send you a notice, of if they have to physically download something from you to prove it, I'm not sure.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

they need to catch you downloading something from torrent - at least here. Take notice that most trackers are probably outside your country, and they would need to study foreign law to get idea how to force them to get their logs.

If they don't need those information in your country just download using proxy located somewhere in Russia or something.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I fried the clutch on my car this weekend. It's going to cost me about $1200 to get the clutch replaced. Only good thing about it is I get a stronger clutch disc and flywheel than the stock ones, so I can street race if I want to.

That really sucks, dude. It's funny how nothing that ever needs to be repaired/replaced on a car is ever cheap.

$1200?? What are you driving?

04 WRX STi. The clutch kit is $350, the new flywheel is $350, new tranny mounts, new short shifter with bushings, plus labor, so it comes out to about $1500. Plus I've had to rent a car in the meantime which will cost another $200. When it rains, it pours.