Page 151 of 254 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    Xel : what kinda card did you have?

I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I would !

Movie Theater price gouging... pisses me off. I saw Avatar with my sister saturday and it was $4.50. 1 liter bottle of water? $4.50... that isn't my bitch though.

I went again yesterday because my wife and her brother didn't get to see it. We went to one theater and it was sold out, so then we went to another theater and wow... $9.50 per ticket? srsly? Then you get to the anal rape section that is the concessions... $6.50 for a "small" soda? $8 for a bag of popcorn?

I'm a thrifty guy so stuff like that pisses me off. same thing @ the gym... why would i pay $2.75 for 20oz of powerade if I can go next door and get a 32oz bottle for $1.25 ?
    Uh...

I typically pay $11-$14 for a movie ticket.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    So why don't you do something about it? I didn't think people still bought at the concessions instead of smuggling it in. If you're paying at the concessions you might as well be throwing half your cash in the fireplace.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

I've had radeon 3870 gainward with zalman cooler, but now because it crashed again I'll get sapphire radeon 4850 the edition with extra cooler for free instead of my old card.

and wow -9,50$ per ticket - thats high - here usually we pay 10-15 PLN for ticket(that is 2,5$ to 3,75$ approx(rounded up - dollar is somewhere between 3,2 to 4 PLN), and prices of drinks and popcorn is high here too - most people take their own drinks(security does not even check anybody - because thanks to polish law they can't do anything(only call the police - they can't even touch you, and if they do you can sue them)).
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Uh...

I typically pay $11-$14 for a movie ticket.
    Yes but you get to watch in the cool coastal climate of lovely California. We have to watch it in the humid musty cesspool that is Texas. You also pay more for auto insurance and registration, among many many other things.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    So why don't you do something about it? I didn't think people still bought at the concessions instead of smuggling it in. If you're paying at the concessions you might as well be throwing half your cash in the fireplace.
    I've been smuggling in my own snacks for at least 15 years now. They can take their high-priced concession stand crap and sell it to someone else.

My bitch for today was that I missed the damned bus so I had to wait for the next one which came 30 minutes later, so I ended up being so late for my first lecture for Econ I just said, "fuck it" and didn't bother going to class. What a great way to start the term.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    My bitch for today was that I missed the damned bus so I had to wait for the next one which came 30 minutes later, so I ended up being so late for my first lecture for Econ I just said, "fuck it" and didn't bother going to class. What a great way to start the term.
    Spring semester has started already? That sucks for you, we get 2 more weeks
    First day is pointless since they just go over the syllabus and a lot of people who didn't register yet don't attend the first class. Still, I hate missing first class day, bad vibes. They usually let you out early anyway.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Winter term. My school has a 3 term system: Fall (Sept-Dec), Winter (Jan-April), and Spring (May-Aug). They all have the "12 week of lectures + last month for final exams" structure. Yeah, I know first week is pointless but like you said, bad vibes. Oh well, I suppose. When did you finish your last term? My last exam for the Fall term was on Dec 19, so I had 2 weeks off.

We have two terms and an optional summer semester. Fall term this year was from August 26 to Dec 4 and my last final was on Dec 12. So I got 5 weeks off for winter break. I get 3 months off for summer break but I might take a 6-week summer course this summer.

The bad thing about the long breaks is that I'm learning Japanese and it's hard to keep at it when you don't use the language for stretches at a time.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    You don't have anyone to practice with? Try and find someone to converse with in Japanese on a day to day basis.

If you have your books, you can always refresh yourself as often as you'd like.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

It's as much not having anyone to practice with as it is not knowing enough to practice. After one semester, I know enough to hold a 5 minute conversation asking such inane pleasantries as "where is your hometown" and "how old are you". It doesn't help that most of the kids in my Japanese class aren't from Austin so they head home for winter and summer break.

I am studying from the textbook but that can only help you so much when learning a very foreign language.

Study grammar some more and buy a kanji dictionary and try to read any visual novel. You might learn something - i plan on doing it on the summer break, and i know I'll probably move about 1 page of text per day but I'll try.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Speaking of going back to school, I was expecting to hear back about the Pell grant I applied for when I opened a letter from my college's financial aid office today. What an unpleasant surprise. There's no mention of my grant, but the letter says I've been approved for a subsidized loan and an unsubsidized load. I never applied for either of these loans, so someone at the financial aid office is applying for loans on my behalf without asking me. No one is answering the phone at the financial aid office now. Class starts on Monday so I need to sort this shit out pronto.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Samson : When you do the FAFSA letter, you get what you get. They didn't do any applications without your knowledge, the just let you know what you're eligible for. I got $3000 pell grant, and they also offered "work study" but my tuition wasn't very expensive and I was already working so work study wasn't an option.

If you did not get a pell grant, you must not have been eligible. There are alot of things that go into this.

I was able to get pell grant because of my age and because I was able to fill out the fafsa without including any information about my parents. My sister on the other hand got nothing because they look at the parents' income and just assume they can afford to pay another 15-16k per year to pay for her college.

How much is your tuition? Some of the loans don't have to be paid back until after you finish school.

Did you include your parents information in your letter? if you're 24, you should be able to file independently fdepending on when your b-day is..

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Did you check the box on the FAFSA that says something to the effect of, "are you interested in applying for other loans"? If so they went ahead and processed that.

It's best you show up at the financial aid office in person, at least for me it's just impossible to get through on the phone during the first few days of school.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

2 days ago I fucked my windows installation by force install an inappropiate video driver for my laptop.

Been backing-up and shit for the last couple of days... just about done putting vista back together after a fresh install. It was a pain in the ass.

It's all cool now. I got my Pell grant, and I'm going to turn down this loan.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    2 days ago I fucked my windows installation by force install an inappropiate video driver for my laptop.

Been backing-up and shit for the last couple of days... just about done putting vista back together after a fresh install. It was a pain in the ass.
    Would have been a great opportunity to install Windows 7. Big improvement over Vista.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    My brother's computer is stuffed, and it's likely to be a hardware error. Since I can't pinpoint which one (or ones) they are, I'll have to take apart my own PC to test each part. :S

That, and I'll probably get a speeding ticket in 2 weeks. I'd be great if they put the camera warning on BOTH sides of the road...

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I've heard about strict speeding laws in Australia, are they as bad as they say?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    I've heard about strict speeding laws in Australia, are they as bad as they say?
    I have no idea how relative "bad" is. Best to judge for yourself:

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...demerit_points

PS: regular drivers have 12 points per year. A P2 driver such as myself (step after Learner's) has 4pts only. (so any of the 20+ km/hr offences will earn me a probation license where I'm on 1pt for ages).

Depending on if/where they got me on that road, I could qualify for any of those.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 01-10-2010 at 11:28 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~