Page 161 of 254 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

I was going to politely remark that both sides of the inflammatory debate over the new law at the southwest border have been foolish. Liberals claim everyone would need passports all the time (blatant lie, driver's license more than adequate and police can only request it upon a separate issue) and conservatives claiming it is the shining example to fix all of our country's woes by kicking out the illegals (it wouldn't, it is the same as Federal policy and explicitly forbids racial profiling).

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Sounds like you would have made for a much more interesting chat than the ranting person before you.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

My mp3 player was stolen at work today.
    I ride in and home everyday, get to work and dump a bunch of stuff into my helmet (which hangs on my bars) as I shower and change.
    Today my mp3 player fell out of my helmet, someone saw it and put it somewhere where it would get broken by some random engineer's careless feet, and then someone *else* saw it sitting there and decided they wanted it...
    I generally need the music to ride home, I don't care to ride more than an hour w/o music, not to mention at the end of the day I'm tired and really need the energetic boost it gives me, so I'm just gonna stay here tonight. I'm bummed, I loved that little guy.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_kashi View Post
    My mp3 player was stolen at work today.
    I ride in and home everyday, get to work and dump a bunch of stuff into my helmet (which hangs on my bars) as I shower and change.
    Today my mp3 player fell out of my helmet, someone saw it and put it somewhere where it would get broken by some random engineer's careless feet, and then someone *else* saw it sitting there and decided they wanted it...
    I generally need the music to ride home, I don't care to ride more than an hour w/o music, not to mention at the end of the day I'm tired and really need the energetic boost it gives me, so I'm just gonna stay here tonight. I'm bummed, I loved that little guy.
    Your carelessness reminds me of the scene from FMJ where the drill sergeant lambastes Pyle for not locking his foot locker.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Well, I could use a good skull fucking...
    It's never fallen out of my helmet before, I'd never considered it a potential concern, I've had this routine for a few years now. Guess I know better now/

Edit: No, you are right, I *was* careless. Losing my mp3 player bums me out, knowing a coworker stole it upsets me greatly. Up until now I've had nothing but respect and trust for the people in my dept and building. To know that someone saw it and stole it bothers me. I spammed the building to get it back so I know the culprit also knows who it belongs to. Worst, I KNOW that whoever it is will have absolutely no appreciation for my exquisite collection of hardcore HHC and J-pop.
    cocksucker....
    OTOH, it's been ages since I worked for a good 30+ hours so, it's not all bad, at least this forces productivity, and after a few hours of soccer tomorrow I can go straight home instead of hanging around waiting out the clock.
    Last edited by Cal_kashi; Thu, 05-13-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: better than adding a new post I guess =/
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Probably a bit dickish of me, but carelessness has been on my mind lately. My dog tried to eat a toad that resulted in him frothing at the mouth. I likened it to having a kid that gets into drugs, especially after you have the "drugs are bad" lesson. Not a lot you can do about it but to ride it out and hope for the best. Pretty shitty feeling and one of the reasons I probably won't ever have kids. My answer to that kind of carelessness or what I consider stupidity is a swift backhand and an "I told you so, you dumb m*therf*cker" but that doesn't really help the situation.

Current bitch: trying to study for a stats final, been at it for 2 hours and now my brain is mush and I'm sleepy and can barely think straight. This is what old age does to you I guess. Old age and poor sleeping patterns.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Well I doubt dogs are taught the "toads are bad" lesson.

Work study is so effing boring during the summer. There's nothing to do. I feel like I'm going to fall asleep.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Well I doubt dogs are taught the "toads are bad" lesson.
    Oh I taught him a lesson. Regardless, somehow they usually know what's good and bad for them. Hopefully this latest experience with toads will have him swearing off toads from now on, but he's a persistent dog so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by samsonlonghair
    Work study is so effing boring during the summer. There's nothing to do. I feel like I'm going to fall asleep.
    Very true, but at least you have internet access. I still have finals and it sucks because I have a lot of free time at work to study but I can't find the energy for it so here I sit posting on forums instead.

We had a training about racism at work today, and we were asked to talk about a time we experienced something racist. I talked about a situation where someone called someone "gook", then explained a way to combat that; which is, if you know the meaning of just that word in its actual language (it means "soup") by the way, and you tell someone that, it just makes them look stupid. It is also part of the word Korea in Korean (Han-gook), American (Me-gook), China and England (Ching-gook and Young-gook, respectively). So basically if you inform people on what they're saying and how dumb they look calling people 'soup' it can be a way to get revenge and enlighten.

That is not the way one person took it and totally just blocked out everything, going so far in fact to say that Koreans should know better (or something to that effect). And she cried. It was pretty shocking, and strange. Like afterward, people were like "that really makes sense; I don't know why that happened". I wasn't trying to offend, i was telling my story about what happened, and how to combat it.

I even talked to a bunch of Korean people, and they were like, yea...that was odd. I mean if someone is relating a story, and use the N-word, or anything else like that and...well, that means what it means, but if someone explained a way to make the offender look foolish, or just telling their story, eh...I'm too tired to continue my point.

I think "gook" is mostly used to refer to Vietnamese. Or it became that way after the Vietnam war. For some reason I feel we've discussed the etymology of this word before.

Oh, and I just found out that my rent office says that they didn't receive my rent payment despite my bank statement (and account) reflecting the contrary.

I laughed, smashed my hand down next to my laptop, and completely demolished the 16GB USB stick that was stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I laughed, smashed my hand down next to my laptop, and completely demolished the 16GB USB stick that was stuck there.
    That's some bad luck for ya there but damn I lolled!

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I hope you didn't lose any important files Buff.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Ouch, that sucks... hope there wasn't anything too important on it?

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Did you make sure the electronics are broken for good? You see all the time those modifications where people have turned various objects into usb memory sticks. If it's just the shell of the stick that's broken, you could take a Saber figure and...

Thats true, i found a USB stick on a parking lot outside the store that had probably been run over by a car or something cause it looked kinda trashed, but i picked it up anyway and kinda put the pieces back together, used some glue to make it all hold together and it worked fine when i tested it :P

Note: All that was on it were a bunch of crappy mp3 files.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Did you make sure the electronics are broken for good? You see all the time those modifications where people have turned various objects into usb memory sticks. If it's just the shell of the stick that's broken, you could take a Saber figure and...
    NO!!!

Saber can stay exactly how she is.

However, should you donate one for this cause, then.....

The components are pretty dead. At first it would come under Windows as a malfunctioning drive, but now it doesn't detect at all. I've heard a bit of soldering could do the trick, but I haven't any experience with that, nor do I have the tools.

I'm trying pretty hard to remember if there were important files on there, and so far I can't come up with anything. Guess that's a good sign,

Now off to buy a new one.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    What was so funny that it made you thrash about in such a violent manner?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs