Page 235 of 254 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    How is the wiiu in anycase? Worth the $300? Only games I'll bother playing on it is the next smash bros, zelda, and mariokart. I'm hoping the price drops another $50 but its probably wishful thinking.
    It's fun, the Nintendoland that comes with it actually has some really neat party games, and shows some of the creative things you can do with the gamepad. But yeah, I only played some of mario bros wii and pikmin 3 (which is awesome, but also pretty short).

I'm not that big of a console gamer these days, myself.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I'm not that big of a console gamer these days, myself.
    I'm wondering if I should be more of a console gamer.

Console hardware seem to be better value compared to upgrading PC parts, if you leave repair-ability out of the equation.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

PC games are customizable/modable to extend their play value and graphical awesomeness, and the PC is obviously useful for so many other reasons. Even so, I have an X360 and PS3 for the games that are exclusive to those consoles.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Having a hard time getting into GTAV. The characters are so unlikeable and the storyline is very cliched. I really enjoyed Nico's quest for the American dream in GTA4. Switching between characters isn't helping either.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

You think that the GTAV characters are unlikeable and you liked Nico's storyline? I thought he was incredibly unlikeable and close to impossible to feel sympathy for.

Holy shit it must be terrible. Too bad it will invariably get game of the year all over the place (deservedly or otherwise).

Sure, Nico was pursuing the American dream of foreigner from a war-torn country comes to America and works his way up using the only skills he has... killing and larceny. I knew a lot of Serbians/Croats/Balkan people at the time who were also pursuing prosperity (though thru legal means) so maybe that helped me identify with Nico.

GTAV starts with a Sopranos wannabe who has quit the life, then you switch to a couple young black thugs who are funny but only the whitest of Suburbanite kids would identify with them. I haven't met the other characters but from the previews they are equally unsavory and unlikable characters. It's basically the same as any GTA game as far as gameplay so the story and characters have to shine or its more of the same.

The third character you play in GTAV is a trailer trash psychopath. It's like the writers want you to play the most unsympathetic characters ever. Maybe it's a moral lesson from them to make the criminal life seem less appealing, or it's in response to all the fan support given to Walter White on BB.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 10-09-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Why is there no separate gaming-forum on gotwoot? theres one for movies and tv-shows, so why not gaming? *waslookingforapokemonthread*
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 10-09-2013 at 09:11 AM.

There was a gaming forum but it was removed iirc.
    -----------------

I've just moved into the dorms, and it's nothing like college movies suggested it would be. I didn't even see a damn Hacky-sack ball. let alone get hit by a frisbee and fall in the lap of a cute girl.
    Wtf, right?

being a sports fan in Texas, particularly from Houston. We have the shittiest sports teams in Houston. I think our only championships are when the Rockets one two titles (with asterixes because Jordan was playing baseball for most of those 2 seasons) and when the Comets won the WNBA title 4 times. What a crummy sports town.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post

my bitch: I've just moved into the dorms, and it's nothing like college movies suggested it would be. I didn't even see a damn Hacky-sack ball. let alone get hit by a frisbee and fall in the lap of a cute girl.
    Wtf, right?
    I know right! I've seen this pr0n series called "college rules" and it's like there are sex parties in every dorm room all the time. But when I lived in the dorms, nothing. I couldn't even hear people getting it on through the walls. I must have lived in a conservative dorm.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 01-03-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    my bitch: I've just moved into the dorms, and it's nothing like college movies suggested it would be. I didn't even see a damn Hacky-sack ball. let alone get hit by a frisbee and fall in the lap of a cute girl.
    Wtf, right?
    They exist! I went to a stereotypical college party last night, with DJs freestyling in the backyard, upsidedown keg stand drinking, weird ball/cup bouncing games, pretty American girls in skimpy dresses and grind-dancing galore. Also enough crowding to give me flashbacks about Times Square on New Years. Of course you'll only find these near a university famous for partying.

They are pretty fun, actually. But only if you like dancing/being around humans/seeing other drunk people act crazy. Not super special, you can prolly find a club that's more or less the same thing.

Oh, it's highly unlikely that you'll find that many people doing that in a dorm, of course. You have to go to a house. People do party in dorms but of course there's way less people and relatively in secret....
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 10-09-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    upsidedown keg stand drinking,
    So...they were just standing on top of the keg with their feet (lame), or was the keg attached to the ceiling and they were hanging on to it (awesome)?

Someone lifted their legs so they drank it suspended in the air while they were upside down, or something.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Those parties are terrible btw.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 10-09-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Someone lifted their legs so they drank it suspended in the air while they were upside down, or something.
    That's a regular keg stand!

Saph, start a trend for people to do inverted keg stands! Keg mounted to ceiling or equivalent frame, user hangs suspended from keg making no foot contact with floor.

All photos of inverted keg stands should be flipped, so all onlookers appear to be on ceiling.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 10-09-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Yeah but make sure the keg is not properly suspended to the ceiling so there's a good chance it falls and crushes whichever drunken frat boy/sorority girl that drinks from it. That will make it more exciting!

Bitch: playing BF3, the Operation Metro map is great fun but it makes no sense that there is no alternate way to A from C on conquest. Pretty much whoever controls B can trap the other team at two points and win the game by controlling 2 flags.

Then take B. It's hard, but a good enough team can do it. The bottleneck is what gives B a tactical advantage.

That said, I find it's always easier to capture B first when you spawn above ground.

More like impossible if the top side team is decent. They just have to to spray with support machine gunners and cover 3 entrance points, two of which are basically the same bottleneck. Today I was on a team that repeatedly took B (we started underground) but repeatedly lost it back. I have been on teams that took B and went on to take A, but it's uncommon.

I can deal with support fire. Nade spams piss me off though.

Yeah those suck. I was on a server today that didn't allow them and it made things a bit less ridiculous. But the support fire basically created a never-ending wall of bullets that you couldn't pass through. Have you played BF4?