Page 242 of 253 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    re: UChessmater
    my complaint: I don't have one
    Ok fine, guy then. Damn.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    My bitch:

I don´t have one
    Quote Originally Posted by UChess
    Remember the girl you wanted to bone but couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff
    I read it to mean that he didn't have his own slave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphi
    Does "bone" mean "enslave" in Australian or something?
    Explanation:

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    My bitch (complaint):

I don´t have one (a bitch. ie a slave)

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It 'bitch' Australian for 'slave'?!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    It 'bitch' Australian for 'slave'?!
    If someone is my bitch, they're submissive to me and do as I say. He can be some errandboy kohai on my social ladder, or some female partner that I abuse etc. I was trying to be "polite" when I used the word slave.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 12-31-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Best time to catch up with some anime/manga.
    I watched a lot of the Breaking Bad marathon on AMC. Still, I would have preferred to have been well so I could have visited friends and family 3 hours away.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I actually just used the word "bitch" as a vulgar substitute for "girl" (no offense, sapphire!!) to make a lame word play. That´s all. But keep talking about bitch slaves, it´s kinda hot. :>

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I just remembered when MTV was about music, now I`m mad.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I just remembered when MTV was about music, now I`m mad.
    They stopped being about music a long long time ago. Worse was when VH1 stopped being about music.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Worse was when VH1 stopped being about music.
    The worst was when MTV2 (created solely to play music videos and nothing else) reduced it to under three hours, and always at 5am - 7am. I don't think they play them at all anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    The worst was when MTV2 (created solely to play music videos and nothing else) reduced it to under three hours, and always at 5am - 7am. I don't think they play them at all anymore.
    Who the hell watches TV from 5am to 7am? Some bored security guard sitting alone in his booth, between his patrols? If that was the airing time, they are better off not playing them at all.

That's how they got them off regular MTV entirely, I'd wager.

Executive A: "What are our ratings for music videos?"
    Executive B: "My people report they are our lowest rated programming."
    Producer Z: "Well, the 5-7a slot is pretty dismal, perhaps if we moved them to a better time slot?"
    Executive A: "How many reality shows can we re-run?"
    [Executive B starts playing with Blackberry...this was mid-2000s]
    Producer Z: "Sir, the music videos are made by the music companies, it's free advertising. We don't even pay for them these days."
    Executive B: "I can did up some Teenage Pregnancy Wasteland from 2004."
    Executive A: "Great!"
    Producer Z: "But, if we don't play any music, how will we justify the farce that is the VMAs? The first two letters stand for 'Video Music'."
    Executive A: "Hmm, true. Z, reduce music videos to three days a week. 3am through 7am. Cut MTV2 music to 3 hours a day. We can squeeze in a few more reruns of TPW there, along with I'm Too Young to be a Teenage Mother, ya know, the dramatic series."
    Executive B: "I just secured the rights to Saved by the Bell. Those "hipster" kids love that shit, don't they?"
    Executive A: "Oh? That's fantastic, we'll throw some of that on too. But watch your language B, save it for the back nine."
    Producer Z: [Whimpers]

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I don't know for the US, but in Europe, or at least France, it's possible to get state money for a Music TV channel.
    You just have to meet some requirements on a minimum music time from specific locations. I don't know the actual figures, but it would be like 50% of European music with at least 30% French music.
    Then, you get lower tax rates, access to state money, easier channel registration etc...

So if it works the same elsewhere, maybe they then decided to do the bare minimum to still get the advantages...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

The US doesn't have cultural laws like France does, so the FCC really only limits advertising (cigarettes, what's shown during children's shows, etc.) and explicit content.

None of the cable channels show what their demographic was supposed to be anymore.

Animal Planet has reality shows staring humans (tangentially related to animals), TLC (The Learning Channel) has nothing to do with learning at all anymore, History shows little historical (or even factual) anymore, MTV plays little to no music, Science was created after Discovery stopped showing much science and now shows Firefly and other scifi series, SyFy rebranded itself from SciFi because it stopped playing Science Fiction and shifted more to fantasy, AMC (American Movie Classics) first stopped playing classic movies, and now they make their own new series, and I can go on and on.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Novlang, as in 1984? Could it be that world will in fact happen in 2084?

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

It already happened, Orwell just got some of the details wrong.

- We don't fight over northern Africa so much as central Asia.
    - Everything we do is watched, though not through our tv sets, but what we type and where we go on the internet, or texts.
    - It's still 1st world versus 2nd with everyone else in the middle, but it's NATO/EU versus former Warsaw Pact/China.
    - Thoughtcrime is all too real.
    - The NSA spies on its own citizens, rather than looking outward, while saying they look outward, but they're not so foolish to call themselves something contradictory.
    - Doublethink is used all the time by our government to get re-elected, not so much the proles and outer party.

Regarding Newspeak/Novlang, every scandal in the western world is now suffixed with -gate, because the media are morons. CNN only asks if things are good or bad (they might as well say ungood), and we use fewer and fewer English words as time goes on, while constantly making new words by contracting two others, portmanteaus, always stupid ones. "Twerk", "netizen", "netiquette", etc.

Call me an old fogey but I preferred the types of music VH1 played over MTV2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Who the hell watches TV from 5am to 7am? Some bored security guard sitting alone in his booth, between his patrols? If that was the airing time, they are better off not playing them at all.
    And that's in Eastern time (I think). In central it was something like 4am-6am. I used to have to set my computer DVR (ATI All-in-Wonder was hi-tech in those days) to record the music blocks so I could see the videos at a more reasonable time.

None of the cable channels show what their demographic was supposed to be anymore.
    I was going to bring this up too. TLC and the Weather Channel are the two worst changes to me. You don't learn shit on TLC besides what trashy America lives like. And the Weather Channel has more of the same, with only a few daily blocks of actual weather news.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sat, 01-11-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Turned on the food disposer to drain some sink water... spent the next 2 hours cleaning up all the water that leaked into the under-sink area and working on replacing the disposer. Luckily I had a spare disposer in the garage (brand new in box, don't ask me why I have that), but then I made the mistake of removing the lower retaining ring which in turn released the sink flange and ruined the plumber's putty that sealed it. Of course I don't have any plumber's putty, so I'll have to go buy some. In the meantime, half of the kitchen sink is out of commission. Half hour of cleaning dishes leads to 3 hours of repair work.

Finished Beyond Two Souls... possibly the worst game ever. Ridiculous storyline, terrible gameplay, unlikable characters, and a terrible experience all around. I think they spent most of the budget on the high priced Hollywood actors, and stole the story from the Carrie movies. Ellen Page gets to be a bitchy little tough chick, same as she tries to be in real life. What child names their invisible friend "Aidan"??

The gameplay is an afterthought, used mainly to lead you through the painfully cliched storyline. Someone else said it when I lamented how easy games are now compared to early generations, but the game's developers seem more interested in the player getting through the whole story than actually being challenged by the gameplay. Failing a mission doesn't have any consequences in the game, you still move on to the next mission regardless. It just means you don't get the pointless achievement.

I'll say that the twist is kinda cool, if you can stand playing the game to almost the end, which is a montage of cut scenes tying up all loose ends and the writers telling you what the afterlife is like. What pretentious bullshit. Terrible terrible game.

Cheap, abrasive toilet paper: those things should be outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Cheap, abrasive toilet paper: those things should be outlawed.
    Yeah but they tend to generate less dust. I use a single-ply cheapy toilet paper at home because I got tired of the layer of dust on everything in the bathroom from using the plush quilted stuff.

My bitch: my home computer keeps crashing while I'm playing BF4. I'd buy new components to replace the i7-930/X58/ATI HD6970 but I spent >$1k a few months ago for a new system that I use at work.